comp stage 2 clutch

Posted By: Michael Muir

comp stage 2 clutch - March 22, 2010 11:42 pm UTC

Hey there so this eclipse i just bought has this clutch in it i have always used act, the guy said it has like 2000k easy klicks as the motor was getting broke in,the car has sat in storage for a couple years, when i down shift i get a chatter i was wondering if this would be because it is new or maybe rusty flywheel, or would that be the throwout bearing thanks..

Re: comp stage 2 clutch - March 23, 2010 01:28 am UTC

Anyone?
Posted By: Bradley Woodward

Re: comp stage 2 clutch - March 23, 2010 02:26 am UTC

Is it a puck style clutch or organic (google if you don't know, I'm too lazy)? Organic shouldn't chatter.
Posted By: Nick Gallo

Re: comp stage 2 clutch - March 23, 2010 02:52 am UTC

Does it chatter all the time or just when you press the clutch in?

Re: comp stage 2 clutch - March 23, 2010 08:26 pm UTC

when i let it out to down shift when it engages it gives a chatter not all the time no

Re: comp stage 2 clutch - March 23, 2010 11:40 pm UTC

Google says it is carbon kevlar so I wouldn't think it should chatter at all.
Posted By: Nick Gallo

Re: comp stage 2 clutch - March 24, 2010 07:50 am UTC

Did you replace the throw out bearing with an oem one? I'm thinking its the tob since its not all the time only when it engages.
Posted By: Mike Penton

Re: comp stage 2 clutch - March 24, 2010 06:06 pm UTC

I currently have the SBR3500 clutch, with carbon kevlar street disk...I believe this is actually the competition clutch unit, just re-branded and sold for stupid prices through Slow Boy.

I get minimal chatter, the only time I would ever notice it is probably low RPM's in first gear can be a little rough, or downshifting at fairly low RPM's, sometimes I will get some chatter just as I am releasing the clutch. Mine has approx. 15,000 kms and is still going strong, so for you I would lean towards it being a bad TOB, or maybe even bad clutch pedal adjustment, engaging too quickly perhaps?
Posted By: Malcolm Harris

Re: comp stage 2 clutch - March 24, 2010 07:43 pm UTC

We would have to drive it to know for sure whats up. I would drive it and keep the rev's a bit higher even on downshifts, try quikly slipping it, they seem to break in quiker that way and seem more drivable, my 6-puck took almost 10000km's before the the take off in first would stop chattering, now it is fine took awhile to get use to though.

Re: comp stage 2 clutch - March 25, 2010 10:21 pm UTC

Sweet thanks! Ya i notice when i first start it and release the clutch with it in neutral it feels like it is grabbing a bit and when it idles i can hear it chatter a bit until it gets warmed up,seems to go away when it warms up though still chatters a bit in the lower gears,is there a way to adjust that,almost sounds like the shift fork maybe??

Re: comp stage 2 clutch - March 28, 2010 01:29 am UTC

if its grabbing in neutral you have a setup problem. Have you tried adjusting the clutch rod?
© 2024 Club DSM Canada