Pump, Injectors, SAFC II, small fmic, race rad..

Posted By: Stefan Soleanu

Pump, Injectors, SAFC II, small fmic, race rad.. - March 31, 2008 11:18 pm UTC

Im looking for preferably a supra fuel pump (otherwise walbro 190), 550 or bigger injectors, an aftermarket aluminum race rad, SAFC II, and a 2.5 inch tubing/ as small as possible fmic...

ssoleanu@yahoo.com
Posted By: Ryan Laliberte

Re: Pump, Injectors, SAFC II, small fmic, race rad.. - March 31, 2008 11:53 pm UTC

What kind of car???

I have a Wally 190 for you for a 1G AWD.

There is a group buy going on in the Group Purchases section for Punishment Racing, including Aluminum Rads and a 1G FMIC kit.

If you have cash now, jump in on the group buy. It goes till this Friday.
Posted By: miguel barros

Re: Pump, Injectors, SAFC II, small fmic, race rad.. - April 01, 2008 12:09 am UTC

I believe he has a 2G Ryan. It's Grant's old car.

Re: Pump, Injectors, SAFC II, small fmic, race rad.. - April 01, 2008 01:33 am UTC

umm.. yes to above/

Re: Pump, Injectors, SAFC II, small fmic, race rad.. - April 01, 2008 11:39 am UTC

I have an AFC NEO like new with a plug and play harness for a 2G turbo car.

$300 if you're interested.
Posted By: Grant Redfern

Re: Pump, Injectors, SAFC II, small fmic, race rad.. - April 01, 2008 05:20 pm UTC

^^^ that's a good deal.

Re: Pump, Injectors, SAFC II, small fmic, race rad.. - April 03, 2008 07:45 pm UTC

miguel. I e mailed you for your neo. Rogers e mail still good?

Re: Pump, Injectors, SAFC II, small fmic, race rad.. - April 03, 2008 07:53 pm UTC

Yes sir. Car is up for sale as we speak so if you wanted 100% I will pull it out before it goes up in Auto Trader later tonight.
Posted By: josh bryson

Re: Pump, Injectors, SAFC II, small fmic, race rad.. - April 04, 2008 02:34 am UTC

i have a set of rc550 injectors

Re: Pump, Injectors, SAFC II, small fmic, race rad.. - April 04, 2008 05:35 pm UTC

Hey miguel, i concluded that the AFc is gonna be overkill for what im trying to accomplish. I might mess around with it once I get annoyed with fuel efficiency. Thanks for replying.

Josh,
In regards to the injectors send me a quick e mail.

ssoleanu@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Posted By: Tim Grechin

Re: Pump, Injectors, SAFC II, small fmic, race rad.. - April 04, 2008 07:39 pm UTC

You plan on 550s and an aftermarket fuel pump with no control? Fuel efficiency will be the least of your worries.

Re: Pump, Injectors, SAFC II, small fmic, race rad.. - April 04, 2008 07:55 pm UTC

I was just testing the market for the fuel upgrades. Even if I find a deal and grab them today I wont be installing them till I put in a 14b and drive it around for a month or so.

Re: Pump, Injectors, SAFC II, small fmic, race rad.. - April 04, 2008 07:56 pm UTC

Agreed Tim. I was just about to say the same.

AFC a bit of overkill, lol. Newbies, what can you do?????

Re: Pump, Injectors, SAFC II, small fmic, race rad.. - April 05, 2008 01:59 am UTC

You can let me learn the hard way. smile
Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Re: Pump, Injectors, SAFC II, small fmic, race rad.. - April 05, 2008 02:54 am UTC

Hope you have deep pockets if you want to learn the hard way. DSM's can cost enough if you KNOW what you are doing.....

Re: Pump, Injectors, SAFC II, small fmic, race rad.. - April 05, 2008 03:26 pm UTC

Truth be told, Stefan, if you ever plan on installing bigger injectors and a fuel pump, you will NEED an fuel controller of some sort. It's not even an option really.

Re: Pump, Injectors, SAFC II, small fmic, race rad.. - April 05, 2008 05:00 pm UTC

My buddy with a guauge and manual af controler he bootlegged his car to 21 psi and it ran just fine for years. He only had a fuel pump upgrade and no injectors though.

Its ok though.. better to ask stupid questions here than to do stupid things to my car. And if you want to call me stupid do it through pm.. i dont want this turning into a teach a newbie thread.
Posted By: Adam Grenon

Re: Pump, Injectors, SAFC II, small fmic, race rad.. - April 05, 2008 05:10 pm UTC

Manual af controller AF = Air & Fuel, you just agreed with everyone else.
Posted By: Jeff Mitchell

Re: Pump, Injectors, SAFC II, small fmic, race rad.. - April 05, 2008 08:12 pm UTC

Stefan,

What people are trying to tell you is that you really can't install bigger injectors without some sort of fuel control (AFC, DSMLink, etc).

Many will suggest you should get a fuel pressure regulator at the same time as an upgraded pump, although I think it's fine as long as you don't rewire the pump.

Nothing wrong with finding the parts now and installing them all once you've got what you need!

BTW, thanks for cleaning up your posts a little bit, much appreciated.

Re: Pump, Injectors, SAFC II, small fmic, race rad.. - April 05, 2008 10:20 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Stefan Soleanu
if you want to call me stupid do it through pm

No one is calling you stupid. I'm simply stating that once different sized injectors are used, you will need a fuel controller. This is controlled indirectly through an air flow converter.

While you can get away with no fuel control if you just install the pump only, the addition of injectors makes the car un-idleable and un-driveable.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada