2gb oem front bumper cover

Posted By: Garrett Henry

2gb oem front bumper cover - March 03, 2015 02:30 am UTC

I'm looking for a 2gb oem front bumper cover.
I"m going to modify it so it doesn't have to be pretty.
Posted By: Jeremy Gilbert

Re: 2gb oem front bumper cover - March 03, 2015 04:15 am UTC

If you're just looking for OE-style (rather than OEM), I can get bumpers identical to the one I just gave away through Cross Canada. They don't have the indent for the Mitsu logo, but are otherwise identical to the OEM bumper. They come properly primed using flex agent, ready to scuff and paint.

I'd be able to sell one to a customer for about $100+tax, but you'd be better off finding one locally, given the size. Any parts shop that can get body parts should have access.

I mention it only because Mike Eng (also from Ottawa) has been searching for an OEM one for a while now to no avail.
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: 2gb oem front bumper cover - March 03, 2015 06:32 am UTC

Thanks Jeremy! That's really helpful information for me but I think he's after a 2bg talon front bumper cover. Not the eclipse.

I will however likely take you up on this and on my next trip down, I will pick it up from you. Assuming I can fit it, along with 4 tires, in the MDX.

Fire me pm or text me.

Thanks smile

Oh and I did manage to find an OEM one but it's in rough condition. Not even sure if it's salvageable.

Re: 2gb oem front bumper cover - March 03, 2015 02:06 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Eng
Thanks Jeremy! That's really helpful information for me but I think he's after a 2bg talon front bumper cover. Not the eclipse.

I will however likely take you up on this and on my next trip down, I will pick it up from you. Assuming I can fit it, along with 4 tires, in the MDX.

Garrett sent me a PM about the Eclipse bumper I had, which prompted the reply (since it implied he was considering non-OEM). As a side note, the Talon version is not available from them (and would cost $350 if it was).

If I order one before 3pm, it'll show up around lunchtime the next day. Give me a head's up when you're heading down and I'll get you a total. I find the front bumper fairly easy to fit in vehicles, though it might be worth pricing one out locally. We don't get the greatest pricing on body parts, and a difference of $20 might be worth skipping the hassle of dragging it back.

P.S. Sorry to clutter your thread, Garrett; I figured you might benefit from some of this info as well.

Re: 2gb oem front bumper cover - March 03, 2015 02:34 pm UTC

Hey Thanks guys. I have a lead locally on a new one for 110$ shipped. I just wanted to see if anybody had one sitting in their garage.

I'm looking for a eclipse bumper BTW. It will have to be the second generation for it's going on the '97 Talon.

I have a project that I want to do that will be easier to do with starting with a eclipse bumper. demon

I have a talon bumper already. Might even trade if someone's looking.

Thanks Jer, i'll keep that in mind if I can't get one.

Re: 2gb oem front bumper cover - March 03, 2015 02:44 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Garrett Henry
I have a lead locally on a new one for 110$ shipped.

I figured that might be the case. Body shop suppliers should be able to get pretty close to (or beat) my price, even for a stranger.

The Cross Canada part number is MI1000260, for those interested.
Posted By: Charles Kisielewski

Re: 2gb oem front bumper cover - March 03, 2015 02:48 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Garrett Henry

I'm looking for a eclipse bumper BTW. It will have to be the second generation for it's going on the '97 Talon.

Take into consideration the difference in headlights (for a perfect fit), if you haven't already.

Re: 2gb oem front bumper cover - March 03, 2015 02:54 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Charles Kisielewski

Take into consideration the difference in headlights (for a perfect fit), if you haven't already.

Yeah I've taken that into consideration, but thanks for the caution. I'm going to do a fair bit of body work on it anyway (fill all the holes). So I should be able to body work the lights to fit.
Posted By: Mike Lane

Re: 2gb oem front bumper cover - March 03, 2015 07:05 pm UTC

I ve seen the longer 2ga lights on a 2gb bumper and it usually looks silly, but I m not going to hate or doubt it. 2gb oems will always be the best light for that bumper though. They are not as long as the 2gb, so the inside corners end up sitting behind the middle of the bumper cover.
Posted By: Mike Lane

Re: 2gb oem front bumper cover - March 03, 2015 08:46 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Lane
I ve seen the longer 2ga lights on a 2gb bumper and it usually looks silly, but I m not going to hate or doubt it. 2gb oems will always be the best light for that bumper though. They are not as long as the 2gb, so the inside corners end up sitting behind the middle of the bumper cover.

I cant find any pics, but i've seen them. If you dont already know what I am saying this shows a few cars with 2gb lights on 2ga bumpers for reference of the difference in length.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/2gb-headlights-2gb-talon.478196/

Re: 2gb oem front bumper cover - March 04, 2015 09:18 pm UTC

Yeah the area around the lights might require a bit of rework depending on which bumper I can get.

Example of the light issue I might encounter:

2gb lights on 2ga
[Linked Image]

2ga lights, 2gb bumper
[Linked Image]

Re: 2gb oem front bumper cover - March 22, 2015 06:01 pm UTC

Reaching out again to see if anybody has a bumper in their garage. Just want to see before I have to put a order in for a new one.
Driving season is just around the corner...

Just a FYI, I'd be open to trade the 2G Talon Bumper.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada