Cayuga Sat

Posted By: Brian Fernandez

Cayuga Sat - August 06, 2008 01:07 am UTC

i'm going In the gli with some friends, anyone heading out? Wana join a convoy??
Posted By: Ghislain Goudreau

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 06, 2008 03:14 am UTC

Hello Brian.

I hate to be such a knit picker but could you please rephrase and use proper punction? That would make it way easyer for everyone to read and maybe understand.

Ghislain.

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 06, 2008 03:33 am UTC

Argh. Was in a rush sorry.
Cayuga this Saturday, I'm heading out with some friends from 410 and steels timmies at 12 noon, Hopefully get some good numbers with my new tires..
Anyone who wants to tag along is more then welcome!
Maybe someone who can edit, make this thread look more pretty smile.

Brian
Posted By: Eric Lang

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 06, 2008 01:21 pm UTC

CSCS is at Cayuga this saturday, if your going just to test and tune goodluck, be prepared to wait in long line ups.
Posted By: Jay McClelland

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 06, 2008 02:01 pm UTC

I know alot of people from belleville going on saturday. I was going to go but I am pulling the tranny out of my fwd. I believe 7 cars are going from here. I hear its going to be really good. I was just going to go to watch.
Posted By: miguel barros

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 06, 2008 08:54 pm UTC

I'm going with a few friends of mine. Eric is right about trying to get some runs in but hopefully I'll get there early enought before the madness begins.
Posted By: Tim Grechin

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 06, 2008 09:34 pm UTC

Here is a tip for everyone who plans on going and test and tuning your car on Saturday. DON'T!!!

If you do, you will regret every single second of it. Do yourself a favor, pay the extra $10 and just race in competition. You are garanteed the qualifiers AND one elimination round. Do you know what you are garanteed as a test and tune car. You aren't garanteed anything and you won't get your money back. So do yourself a favor and pick a class: bracket race, ss/pa, street wars and compete.

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 06, 2008 11:15 pm UTC

Tim, thats actually really good to know. Does going into competetion mean you can T&t as well???

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 07, 2008 12:41 am UTC

so by doing this, you're sort of doing test and tune all day and you get your moneys worth, correct?
Posted By: Rob Strelecki

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 07, 2008 01:21 am UTC

I think what Tim means is that when there's an event the T&T is short (run between rounds) and the line-ups can be long. If it's busy enough you might spend all of your time in line for nothing. At least if you're in the event, you are guaranteed to race!

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 07, 2008 03:55 am UTC

As a competitor, you can race all the qualifying runs (usually 3 of them) and at LEAST one elimination. As a competitor you can also race test & tune at any time, weather you are still competing or have been eliminated.

Short form is, you'd be stupid to have the letters T&T on your windshield.

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 07, 2008 06:58 pm UTC

Well Said, now lets see if i can get my car fixed so LIMP mode turns off, and i can actually get some speed!

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 08, 2008 04:14 pm UTC

Well, weather isn't looking so good, so we'll have it to play it by ear.
Posted By: Reza Mirza

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 08, 2008 06:06 pm UTC

Just a chance of showers... it is CSCS, so it is not gonna get cancelled. Plus I don't think it is likely to rain on the track ALL day long. Actually I have a gut feeling it won't at all.

See you all there wink

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 10, 2008 02:05 am UTC

I did three runs and decided to call it a day, as I had absolutely no traction in 1st and kept having to feather the launch. Kept getting worse as the evening got cooler. So close to 10's, I was just some traction away smile
All runs were 11.2 or faster at 130ish mph.

Enjoy the one video I got
http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/rza45/?action=view&current=CIMG0226.flv

best slip, I'm car # 083 wink

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ryan Laliberte

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 10, 2008 02:17 am UTC

So close Reza!!

Time for some slicks. wink

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 10, 2008 02:33 am UTC

Slicks would put well into the 10's, it'll make it too easy. I'm a street guy, street tires all the way...
Atleast no broken parts, and I drove home today smile
Posted By: toddmeunier

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 10, 2008 03:27 am UTC

(Fumbling wrenches) I better hurry and get my pig to the track. Condrats on the time. You will get your 10 soon.
Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 10, 2008 02:07 pm UTC

Congrats Reza! Awesome! Looks like you are leading the race for 10's?
Posted By: Luis Arenas

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 10, 2008 03:53 pm UTC

HA, I know the guy in the lane next to you in the green Sunflower.
Posted By: Mike Lane

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 10, 2008 04:53 pm UTC

I definately will be coming out to cayuga one of these days, its about a half hour drive from me, even just to say hi to some of you.Also near where i plan on storing my car for the winter. My uncle has a paved barn, I think it might be heated too. He s got a purple challenger he brings to cayuga sometimes, think like 400-500 hp?

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 10, 2008 05:02 pm UTC

wow reza what car is the nuts sounding one? cant pick em apart. If its yours it sounds mintttt! shocked but i didnt hear a BOV just crap tons of spoolin and a stutter box at the beginnin?

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 10, 2008 05:51 pm UTC

The nuts sounding one is the sunflower. If you listen carefully, before he stages I am already staged with my stutterbox going. You can hear it faintly in the background.
I'm full exhaust, he has none.

You won't hear a bov, I'm still on the 1g crushed and dodge moded, and I don't lift.
Posted By: Aaron Gamgee

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 10, 2008 05:58 pm UTC

Nice run Reza.

Was Kevin there? How did he do?

Aaron

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 11, 2008 04:11 am UTC

Thanks Aaron. Yes he was there but was having some issues with the tune. I believe once he got it dialed in, he could not get a clean pass. He can comment smile
Posted By: Rafael Pimentel III

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 11, 2008 01:55 pm UTC

Congrats REZA
Posted By: KEVIN KIRELUK

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 11, 2008 03:26 pm UTC

I was there and it was a pretty rough time out for me! I was wanting to go but didn't have the $ to go, but a few good friends pulled together and made it all possible for me. A special thanks to Jeremy from SouthSide Automotive for hooking me up with a trailer and not allowing me to say NO, to Tanner for hooking me up with the funds, to Don for towing me in the pimped out Caddy Escalade with 24s, Mike Degli Angeli for getting my fuel pumps ready and for giving me a pimped out Valve cover, and last but not least Ziggy for giving me the parts to have the beast running.

A little history of my car, this year I wasn't able to fit an exhaust out the back of the car due to where my turbo sits, the oil filter is in the way, so I decided to go straight out the turbo and out the front bumper, making my car way to loud to drive it on the street. Normally I would have my car tuned and made sure it was shifting properly. So I was going basically after I got the car running, nothing more.

First pass was just a third gear pull to get a datalog but the laptop wouldn't allow me to save, only stream so no log first run. Second run I believe was against Reza (his 11.004 pass btw, lol). I got him out the hole, but proceeded to blow off an IC pipe in second gear and he proceeded to freight-train right past me....damn he's fast! Third time, I was able to get down the track somewhat cleanly and got a log...ran a 12.7 (best pass of the day....PATHETIC!, lol). Now that I had a log it was time for some tuning! First thing I had to do was calibrate my GM maf, so out came the calculator and pen.....stupid me went the wrong way with the compensation making me car even more rich. I made my first qualifying pass like this. Run was aborted once I hit boost because of sputtering due to be overly-rich, so I circled back to make another pass, but won't allowed because I was racing and had to wait for the next qualifier....Thanks for the advice Tim bird I should've T&Ted, lol. Now my laptop dies and I start freaking out, found an outlet and started charging it. During this time I'm pretty much keeping to myself trying to figure out where I went wrong, then finally the light bulb goes off in my head and i knew EXACTLY what i had done wrong in the tune. Made my changes and was confident it was going to pull. I was ready to make a proper pass, I pre-stage and then stage, then I saw the top light go out so I thought I rolled too much forward, so I took it out of 1st to reverse and I saw the lights drop so I just thru it in first and launched without making any boost and then didn't hit 2nd cleanly. Fell out of boost, when I hit third the CAR FLEW, felt a lot harder then my 128mph passes, only to miss 4th. I circle around to grab my slip, go to pull away...no 1st gear. It just wants to pop out and grind when I release the clutch. From that point on I didn't have 1st gear and laptop died again so that was the end of my day. I'm dissapointed because I had a bunch of ppl there pulling for me, but overall I still enjoyed myself and that last 3rd gear pull made it all worth while....I was going thru some serious boost withdrawals.

On a side note, my tow truck made more passes than I did. The Caddy ran a 15.9@89mph with 24" chrome wheels pimp

Congrats Reza, your street car is right there knocking on 10s door!

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 11, 2008 03:30 pm UTC

Kevin! Good to hear from you again and good to hear you're still in the game.

There's always next time!

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 11, 2008 03:33 pm UTC

Thanks man, computers been down. I have to go to my sister house to get online.

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 11, 2008 04:06 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Luis Arenas
HA, I know the guy in the lane next to you in the green Sunflower.

Looks like it should do low 13s - what broke? smile

//edit
Nevermind, I just realized that's a bad Kevin run on the timeslip rotflmao
IC pipe popped off before the 1/8 I guess?

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 11, 2008 05:43 pm UTC

Actually, the green sunflower was trapping around 135 mph earlier. It would have been a good run, but top of 2nd I heard a pop from his car, and it slowed down after that. I think he ran a mid 12 to my 11.2@130.

Lol, yep thats Kevin on the timeslip.

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 11, 2008 05:47 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Reza Mirza
Lol, yep thats Kevin on the timeslip.

Ya, that was me shuffle . I feel honoured to be a part of his best ET and trap.

Did my aborted run still beat Surges time? rotflmao

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 11, 2008 05:56 pm UTC

Ouch, them's fightin' werds!

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 12, 2008 12:54 am UTC

You better beat my time. You have a lot more car than I do. If you don`t that would be pathetic so no harm taken smile

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 12, 2008 01:23 pm UTC

Here's a special treat for you Reza, fast forward to 6:44 in the video! naughty Found it on the DSMlink forums! Enjoy santa

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf-EFaw8JWs

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 12, 2008 02:08 pm UTC

Haha, nice find man. You got me out of the hole good smile

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 12, 2008 04:31 pm UTC

So close! good job Reza. You may be still in for next event since it rained after you qualified!
Posted By: Brandon Clement

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 13, 2008 04:32 pm UTC

Originally Posted by KEVIN KIRELUK
Here's a special treat for you Reza, fast forward to 6:44 in the video! naughty Found it on the DSMlink forums! Enjoy santa

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf-EFaw8JWs

Would recommend tuning in that vid around 6:20, then watching til Reza and Kevin race, haha.

Good time tho Reza, so close to 10s. Just get some better rubber and you'll be destroying 10s.

That's too bad Kevin, lets hope you can get everything figured out, and tuned properly before the end of the season, you've gotta hit 10s before the end!

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 24, 2008 05:33 am UTC

Well, went back out today for t&t with Kevin, but he wasn't running his car. Just came for the support smile
No 10's, and we have come to the conclusion I need some real tires, as I just fry them in 1st and 2nd.
Ran 4 times, all with a better MPH:
11.460@133.05, 2.0 60ft
11.150@132.90, 1.816 60ft
11.070@133.72, 1.764 60ft

I said frack it, I'm gonna MPH it with a little more boost and tuning, but just proceeded to light up the tires even more:
11.172@136.00, 1.714 60ft

I can do nothing other than feather the launch. That's it, new tires for me, or slicks to blast off some mid to low 10's.

Oh well, I'm still very happy smile

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 24, 2008 05:57 am UTC

Oh yea, and Kevin, Eric, Tim:

Have fun cathcing up to 136 MPH traps rotate

Its not over yet boys, wait till I get real tires and a JMF intake manifold wink
Posted By: Mike Palome

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 24, 2008 10:58 am UTC

11.172@136.00, 1.714 60ft

Holy shi# Reza are you sure you don't have an fp3575 JK. How much boost do you run now and how much does your weigh. I got over 600whp on the dsm calc eek.

BTW even Jake(AKA evil eagle) trapped less at 30psi. Very impressive tu.
Posted By: Paul Sitarski

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 24, 2008 01:29 pm UTC

Awsome time Reza. what boost, timing, gas etc please.

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 24, 2008 01:48 pm UTC

36-37 psi, C16 and meth, and 24 degrees peak timing. Car weighs 3150 lbs with me in it. It was weighed at Cayuga, last CSCS event.

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 24, 2008 02:02 pm UTC

This sucks. I want to go soooo bad but with the car being my daily driver, I just can't. Maybe I'll go to a dealership and lease something so I can afford to go to the track and break it. Not to mention this is the last week unless I somehow pass emissions. Swap my cams, injectors, etc and try again with the new cat. I'll finally have some time this week so I may just do that on Tuesday after work if all else fails. Hmmm...
Posted By: Paul Sitarski

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 24, 2008 03:04 pm UTC

I want my turbo back,hehe. What injectors are you using? I found that even at 30 psi I don't have any traction in 1st and its hard to launch the car.

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 24, 2008 03:17 pm UTC

Hey Paul, I'll trade you for the new HTA you have wink

FIC 1000's. Yea even at 26 to 30 psi, I can cook the wheels as well.

I was hoping to get some new chips from Jeff O @ Keydiver by Friday, but they never came in. The new chips got some more aggressive timing up top, and I think my car would have been a little faster with those.

Oh well I don't think I will head up to the track again this year. It was pefect yesterday, 28 degrees, nice and hot. I still could not get traction. On the other hand, I am more than happy with the new 4" FMIC I am using. It proved itself to me in the heat yesterday smile

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 24, 2008 03:45 pm UTC

Reza's car was HAULING yesterday! I was almost in tears because I didn't have my car there with me to try and at least match him. As far as I'm concerned, Reza is the Canadian Curt Brown!!! He out MPHs everyone with the same set-up. Thats one hell of a STREET CAR you have!!!

If you take off your stock intake manifold and replace it with a coffee can I'm sure you'll be in the 140s, be sure not to use de-caf wink But seriously, its time you replace those 3 yr old tires and knock of some ETs.

Gotta love it, full weight, stock block, no head work what-so-ever, stock intake manifold, BC272s (someone in the past told me they were junk and would never install them on a customers car, you know who you are and you don't know what the fak your talkin' about)

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 25, 2008 02:41 am UTC

Oh yea, and Kevin, Eric, Tim:

Have fun cathcing up to 136 MPH traps rotate

Its not over yet boys, wait till I get real tires and a JMF intake manifold wink

I must say you are very motivating to get my pos out to the track!

You may be going 11.000000. But, lets not forget who reached 11`s first. Until you hit the next milestone, I will be champ. Thank you have a nice day. pimp

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 25, 2008 11:44 am UTC

Haha, tru Eric. I remember you were the only one into 11's like 3 years ago. Good luck running 10's this year, I'll leave it to you guys now.

I'm not gonna change my tires this year, as they still have some tread on them for the streets.

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 25, 2008 01:39 pm UTC

Well after Reza's accomplishments, I looked over my car, made a few small changes, and found a pretty big problem. I need to stop the late night wrenching. I had left one of the unused vacuum/boost nipples on my intake manifold open, forgetting to block it off. Needless to say, I had a HUGE boost leak. I was seeing 35.5psi at the track, so that must have been well over 50psi at the turbo. I have to give it up to my turbo guys over at CompTurbo, all that boost and she's still holding up like a champ. Fixing that leak I knew I had to start from scratch with the tuning so I went out for a quick 3rd gear pull. Well, lets just say I need a passenger along with me, the pull was way too violent and sent my laptop flying just after 6K. I'm coming for you Reza!!!

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 25, 2008 03:29 pm UTC

That makes sense now Kevin. I figured it was a boost leak or something dumb like that. Can`t wait to see that thing boogy!

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 25, 2008 04:27 pm UTC

If you guys are planning another trip to the track, would love to be there to watch!!

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 25, 2008 06:50 pm UTC

Well, Reza's done for the year, but will come up and watch me if I go. As for me I really don't have the $ to go back, BUT I have a friend that says he's willing to pay for me, time will tell if he's talking $hit or not. I know he's got the $, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 25, 2008 09:31 pm UTC

I have the money. I can find the time. I just can't afford to break the thing right now because it gets me to work and back and I still don't have an emissions test done yet. This is my last week on the road if it won't pass.

Maybe I'll go to Hyundai tonight and lease the cheapest, base model Accent tonight.

BTW - I'm only running 25psi and will not turn it up anymore right now. I've reached that point where I feel that I just have too much power for the street. She pulls too violently merging onto the highway. Thank god there's no such thing as too much power for the track.

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 26, 2008 03:58 am UTC

Keep pedalling boys, show me some times!
Posted By: Mike Hart

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 26, 2008 03:01 pm UTC

This is a little off topic, but do any of you guys go on the wenseday nights @ Cayuga/TMP?? I have been at the last three, the first 2 nights might have had 10 cars running all night. Last week was a little busyer, 20 bucks to run, 10 to spectate. Gates and track are open from 7pm-11pm.

Just thought i would mention it, you can usaually get lots of tuning and runs in. Track prep sucks though..

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 26, 2008 03:11 pm UTC

Mike are you going to be there this wednesday? I was actually thinkin about headin out for some tuning.

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 26, 2008 03:16 pm UTC

I know the track prep sucks on Wednesday and Friday nights, thats why I try to make it out on warmer days with more Muscle cars.

You should be able to get some good tuning done though, don't expect to run killer times.

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 27, 2008 06:33 pm UTC

Yes i will be there Tonight (wed) night...come on out! more dsm's the better!

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 27, 2008 06:45 pm UTC

Mike,
If you don't mind me asking, what are your mods ?
I'll assume you run slicks.

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 30, 2008 03:11 am UTC

Reza, Its a 93 awd, very light, built 2.0L, 35R, AEM, big injectors (mark 5- 114 octane), twin disk, older M&H drag radial's (not full slicks), syncro tranny,
and of course all the proper safety stuff.

Car has gone 10.4@135 two weeks in a row, have about 9 more psi to go and Nitrous to use yet.

Hope to see you guys at the track sometime.

Re: Cayuga Sat - August 31, 2008 09:33 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Hart
Reza, Its a 93 awd, very light, built 2.0L, 35R, AEM, big injectors (mark 5- 114 octane), twin disk, older M&H drag radial's (not full slicks), syncro tranny,
and of course all the proper safety stuff.

Car has gone 10.4@135 two weeks in a row, have about 9 more psi to go and Nitrous to use yet.

Hope to see you guys at the track sometime.

Is this the car that I saw at CSCS Grand Bend that had it's hood come up and smash the windshield? Chris McKees old roll caged car?

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 03, 2008 05:08 pm UTC

Yes Tim, That is my car, thanks for pointing out my mistakes, i appriciate it.

It was Chris's car for a short period of time, bought the shell off him and started there. Was Marco's car before that.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 03, 2008 05:34 pm UTC

Was Marco's car before that.

Ok, I remember that car. Sounds like its a beast Mike!
Posted By: Tashko Sarakinov

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 03, 2008 05:57 pm UTC

Anybody going to Cayuga this Saturday?

I'm thinking of going to do a few runs, have some fun, and log some data.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 03, 2008 06:42 pm UTC

Going on sunday for CSCS.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 03, 2008 06:53 pm UTC

Will you be running your car Eric ?
I was thinking about coming just to watch.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 03, 2008 06:58 pm UTC

Hrmm, maybe I'll enter the Time Attack on Sunday instead.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 03, 2008 07:01 pm UTC

Ya c'mon guys. I'll come to support you all still.

I'll drive the DSM down, just don't feel like racing it cuz I know the track will be cold.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 03, 2008 07:07 pm UTC

Yeah right! More like you don't want to race because you'll gank all of us. Damn you Reza smile

I'll be going on Sunday as well.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 03, 2008 07:14 pm UTC

Well if you need me to tune your car or drive it wink , feel free to ask.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 03, 2008 07:31 pm UTC

I don't know if I want you driving it, lol I seen the way you drive your car. (J/K) but you're more then welcome to help me tune it.

I'm meeting up with Kevin this Saturday so the tune should be very close to what I want to run but it's nice to know that you are going to be there if I need help smile

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 03, 2008 08:39 pm UTC

Ahh I see, the Masta Toonah will be tooning it. I think he might just be running as well.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 03, 2008 08:42 pm UTC

That will be cool. That's why it's best to tune it as much as possible on Saturday so it doesn't take away from his runs on Sunday. He's coming for your Reza, guns ablazing so be prepared smile

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 03, 2008 08:51 pm UTC

Yea I know, another reason why I am not racing:
I got to give him a chance tongue

I mean, he SHOULD be faster than me. His car is about 3 hundred pounds lighter, bigger turbo, bigger cams, bigger injectors, built head, JMF intake, dual walbro's, -8 lines, DSMLINK....etc.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 03, 2008 09:16 pm UTC

What time on Sunday, and what is the cost of admission as a spectator??

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 03, 2008 09:28 pm UTC

Yes Tim, That is my car, thanks for pointing out my mistakes, i appriciate it.

It's okay. It happens to the best of us; http://www.ca.dsm.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=40591&Number=269793#Post269793

CSCS is $20 to spectate and is 12pm - 7pm.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 05, 2008 03:54 pm UTC

Anybody who raced the last event on Aug. 9th will get half off their entry on sunday.

"Drag Racers - All heads up and bracket racers that attended the Aug. 9 rain out event will receive a half price Drag race pass for the Sept. 7 event. To redeem your pass please state your name at the main gate prior to paying for admission. This does not include those who attended the Aug. 9th event for Test & Tune."

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 05, 2008 07:03 pm UTC

I won't be racing but would definately like to see you guys performing. It's September and I have only seen not even a handful of DSM'ers at the track.
I think everyone has had long enough to get their POS running.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 06, 2008 10:44 pm UTC

Well, I'm out. Looks like it's going to rain again tomorrow afternoon and I am not going through the same episode as last month, plus I couldn't meet up with Kevin today because of the weather so no tune just yet frown. Better save the gas and entry fees for a test and tune day.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 06, 2008 11:58 pm UTC

Yea I know, another reason why I am not racing:
I got to give him a chance tongue

I mean, he WILL be faster than me. His car is about 2 hundred pounds lighter, bigger turbo, bigger cams, bigger injectors, built head, JMF intake, dual walbro's, -8 lines, DSMLINK....etc. He's going to blow my doors off once he's had a day to tune it!

bird

Hey Serge, if they have wireless at the track, you can always send me the logs and I can tell you what changes to make! If they don't have wireless I'm sure Eric or Tim will lend a hand....or if your feeling really crazy you can try one of Reza's 24* timing tunes! (well maybe not 24* with your 2G CR)

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 07, 2008 12:21 am UTC

Haha, we'll see naughty

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 07, 2008 12:44 am UTC

Crap about the weather tomorrow.

I'm sitting on the fence. I'll see how I feel in the morning. It is a little expensive...

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 07, 2008 01:04 am UTC

Cayuga has a wireless signal that you can pick up if you are within 100ft of the building or so. Last year I surfed the net while waiting in the staging lanes after a bad oil spill.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 07, 2008 01:04 pm UTC

They are calling for rain this afternoon. I guess no-one is going??

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 07, 2008 01:22 pm UTC

I just got off the phone with Helber a few minutes ago Ziggy and he is still going up with a few friends of mine but no one is running. I most likely will be meeting up with Kevin thgis morning to tune my car, otherwise I might head up.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 07, 2008 02:11 pm UTC

If no-one is running, I won't make the trip frown
Can you ask Kevin to give me a call when he gets a chance, please?

Thanks,

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 07, 2008 08:17 pm UTC

Well i just got back from 5 hours of pointless driving! with the rain, road closures and getting lost. I planned on running this event. This is the Third Rained out CSCS event in a row! and guess what? its sunny with clear skys now. bullshit!
Posted By: Daren Peacock

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 17, 2008 01:54 pm UTC

Looks like T&T days on both Sat the 27th & sun the 28th, think were going to try & get out to one of the days. Probably going with whichever day has the better weather.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 17, 2008 03:04 pm UTC

OSCA race there both days this weekend. Not a good choice for test and tune. I might go out to cayuga tonight.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 17, 2008 03:42 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Daren Peacock
Looks like T&T days on both Sat the 27th & sun the 28th, think were going to try & get out to one of the days. Probably going with whichever day has the better weather.

I just checked their website again & looks like they've recently added an event along with the T&T on Sat, so thats out. Looks like if the weather descent, we'll be going on Sun the 28th.

I've thought about going to one of the week night events but have heard the track prep isn't as good? If this is the case, defently not worth it for me crazy

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 17, 2008 06:07 pm UTC

It really depends how much rubber is put down. Actually the track conditions will probably be best this weekend, but you may only get 1 or 2 runs in. Why not race the forcepower shootout on the 27th?

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 17, 2008 06:20 pm UTC

Good luck guys, lets see some good times smile
I hear up at St. Thomas they have some GOOD track prep ??? People been telling me to head up there and run some easy 10's on my street tires....

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 17, 2008 06:32 pm UTC

I have never had any luck at St Thomas, I've been there twice. First time was a rather cold day, so thought my issue was just the weather but was there last summer as well, with warmer temps & still couldn't get any traction. It was spin & wheel hop all over the place in the first two gears. That was with street tires but everytime I have been to Cayuga, the car stuck much better (as good as can be expected for a fwd on 40 series street tires).

I'm sure the DR's would help me at St Thomas, but its still a pretty far drive, especially if I find out I still don't hook that well.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 17, 2008 06:32 pm UTC

You should. I'm not a fig fan of St. Thomas but the few times I've been there, I've seen the same cars that run at Cayuga run faster times at St. Thomas. Especially JP with the VW that broke the 9's for the firt time at St. Thomas.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 17, 2008 07:10 pm UTC

Tim ran low 1.6 60 foots @ St.Thomas on street tires. Again, it depends on track prep and cars running there! Cayuga can be sh!t too. I`m all for St.thomas. Plus, I heard CAA won`t tow from Cayuga anymore.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 17, 2008 08:39 pm UTC

Funny part here is even though traction is always much worse at St Thomas for me, I always had better 60's there for some reason?

The last time we were there, they took a several hour break & then sprayed the whole track & ran a tonn of cars on slicks to get some nice rubber on the track. I thought this should make a difference but traction for me still sucked as bad as it did earlier in the day. Maybe its just my car crazy
Posted By: Pat Fisher

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 18, 2008 01:34 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Eric Lang
Why not race the forcepower shootout on the 27th?

Isn't that such a great idea.
As for Sparta having great track prep. Overall, that's one of the funniest things i've ever heard. Trust me, we're either racing our car or tuning someone elses car down there just about every weekend. They will be gluing the track for our event by the way.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 18, 2008 01:44 pm UTC

That or it probably slopes downhill from what I hear.
NO wonder everyone runs better times there rotflmao

Hmm, Im starting to wonder what I would run now love
jokes

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 18, 2008 03:04 pm UTC

That or it probably slopes downhill from what I hear.
NO wonder everyone runs better times there rotflmao

Hmm, Im starting to wonder what I would run now love
jokes

There is just only one way to find out . wink
Posted By: Pat Fisher

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 18, 2008 03:20 pm UTC

At the end of the day, a track is a track. They all have there little quirks. When you run in a travelling series at numerous different tracks you have to find ways to adapt.
My biggest problem with Sparta is the "slow down" in BOTH lanes. Try to position your car closer to the middle of the track during slow down in both lanes and hold on tight. haha

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 20, 2008 09:43 pm UTC

So who is all going to cayuga tommorow?

I'm going to be there. Spectating....

Hopefully next summer will be better. Not many people got there cars running for this summer...

Aaron.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 23, 2008 01:57 pm UTC

Still planning on going this weekend, looks like T&T on both days now but currently looking like Sun (28th) will be the day.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 26, 2008 09:25 pm UTC

i may come
spectating
but will drive my car there still
gota work in the evening soo we ll see how early you all get out..
Posted By: Jamal Qazi

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 28, 2008 03:21 am UTC

Got some passes in today.

MODS:
stock 7 bolt block/head
3" exhaust
Stock evo 16g w/over 100000km
2g Manifold
Stock pump
SMIC
UICP
750's
Great E-chip from Jeff at Keydiver
water/meth injection
stock suspension/shocks
stock emission lines
stock MAF
spare tire in the trunk along with a few bottles of oil and some tools
conservative 19 psi

Tune:
SAFC was pretty much 0'd out.
-3% across the board HI-th
I wanted to see how the e-chip performed without too much tuning with the safc.

I had a few 13.3's at 103mph with 1.8 60' running 16/17 psi

Best run of the day was:
60' - 1.8
330 - 5.360
1/8 - 8.281
mph - 85.07
1000 - 10.802
1/4 - 12.93
mph - 106.04

Backed that run up with this:
60' - 1.75
330 - 5.285
1/8 - 8.287
mph - 83.41
1000 - 10.822
1/4 - 12.96
mph - 105.76

I was just out driving in this cool weather, and the car is pulling strong at 21/22 psi right pass 6400 rpm with no knock and not more than 56% INJD.

The car feels much stronger tonight, than what it was feeling like at the track this afternoon.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 28, 2008 11:41 pm UTC

Good boy Jamal! Your car was running great for the mods you have, and good driving.
Posted By: ruben silva

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 29, 2008 12:42 am UTC

Congratulations to daren on his 12.5 second pass smile .

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 29, 2008 04:34 am UTC

Nice going Daren!

Motivation for us Fwd guys.

Post up the timeslip buddy,

Aaron.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 29, 2008 01:54 pm UTC

Okay, only took 4 runs, previous best 13.20@114.65, 2.32 60ft. Was actually running ~1-2psi less vs last time out, results were:

First run 13.27@115.97, 2.498 60ft, this was with launched set at 4500, thought I was in the throttle abit more then normal but bogged big time & when I reviewed my log, left at like 25% throttle.

Second run (tell myself must give it throttle) resulted in 12.863@115.78, 2.178 60ft. Think was about 60% throttle.

Tird run, try launching at 4750. Was up against a civic, I was slow on reaction (.358, concentrating on getting a better launch, not a better light, have got many .02X-.05X), so he got the jump. Thought I was decently on the throttle & he was basically beside me during the launch. Thought to myself, there's no way a civic is beating me off the line, so went WOT abit to quick as the clutch wasn't fully engauged. Also my burn out was very small this time (no smoke at all) so the car did break slightly at the top of first. Thought was going to be a really bad run, got 12.810@115.44, 2.069 60 ft. Realized after the civic was on slicks wink He got a 2.1 60ft. Clutch held the whole run but could smell it as soom as I picked up my slip, was about 85% on the throttle on launch.

Let the car cool for an hour or so & say I'll try one more pass before we leave. Launch again at 4750 but slip the clutch better. The launch felt the best ever, zero slip through first & was pulling great. Ran a 12.545@116.96, 2.030 60ft & was around 85% throttle again off the lauch.

I was happy with the results but I bet there's still more in it, I think with some more practice & if I bump the launch up abit I can run some sub 2 second 60 fts. Think I was only building a couple psi on the best runs. Boost was 25-26 psi average, through the gears. I think with a little tweeking of my EBC (boost not 100% equal between each gear & dropping off abit at the top of 4th) & then 2-3psi more boost, with a descent sub 2.0 60, may actually be able to hit an 11.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 29, 2008 01:56 pm UTC

12.5 for Daren, congrats on breaking the 12's.
Thats fasst for a FWD man!

I know a few other guys been out racing this weekend.

Any more results?

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 29, 2008 02:15 pm UTC

Last pass would be:

R/T .167
60' 2.030
1/8 8.329
MPH 91.28
1000 10.601
1/4 12.545
MPH 116.92

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 29, 2008 09:13 pm UTC

that was def a fun day, ill have to come again:P

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 29, 2008 11:29 pm UTC

Yea reza some results my tranny broke wink lol .

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 30, 2008 12:06 am UTC

yeah it was pretty sh!t, i gotta get them pics up soon, see if any are good
got all three of you on the track wink but dunno how any them turned out, i dont think they ll be so good

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 30, 2008 01:09 am UTC

Any more results?

No traction what so ever! Ran a 12.0@128.8mph puke
As soon as I let out the clutch my tach went to 9K, I completely let off and shifted to 2nd.................................waited on the turbo to respool by then it was too late for a good ET. I only made about 3-4 passes after about two 3rd gear tuning pulls. My 60's ranged from high 1.9-2.1s.....pathetic! I make too much power for a street tire, its time for a slick.

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 30, 2008 05:07 am UTC

Any more results?

No traction what so ever! Ran a 12.0@128.8mph puke
As soon as I let out the clutch my tach went to 9K, I completely let off and shifted to 2nd.................................waited on the turbo to respool by then it was too late for a good ET. I only made about 3-4 passes after about two 3rd gear tuning pulls. My 60's ranged from high 1.9-2.1s.....pathetic! I make too much power for a street tire, its time for a slick.

Those damn awd's, never hooking up! I've got some tires if you need to borrow them Kevin rotflmao

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 30, 2008 01:00 pm UTC

Ran a 12.0@128.8mph puke

Not bad, atleast you beat your previous mph tongue

Re: Cayuga Sat - September 30, 2008 01:08 pm UTC

Anyone going thi supcoming Saturday?

I plan on getting a few runs before the new setup goes in.
Posted By: Kobie Mercury-Clarke

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 01, 2008 12:31 am UTC

Damn, I'd be shamed quick in my N/T no matter the mods lol

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 05, 2008 04:23 pm UTC

Bahhh... I miss it, Gosh damnit I miss it.

Hmmm.... Thinking I'm going to race the auto next year. Upgrade the brakes and see what a 3500RPM stall feels like on a launch.

Posted By: Paul Petricca

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 05, 2008 09:51 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ryan Laliberte
Bahhh... I miss it, Gosh damnit I miss it.

Hmmm.... Thinking I'm going to race the auto next year. Upgrade the brakes and see what a 3500RPM stall feels like on a launch.

You failed to mention the 15 psi. I've got an auto and when I do a 3500 rpm brake boost I grin from ear to ear.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 05, 2008 09:59 pm UTC

AWD helps with that Paul. wink I'll have the 15 psi until I let off the throttle to let the damned tires catch! laugh

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 06, 2008 03:17 am UTC

Well, I just got back from CSCS after tuning Helder's race car. I got that baby an extra 9mph at the same boost level! He trapped 140mph!!! That's right, 140mph BABY! Oh, and get this one......91octane and meth naughty

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 06, 2008 03:22 am UTC

Yea what a turnout at CSCS today. I don't think I have ever seen that many people come out!

140MPH is just HAULING Helder!
Congrats, you need to drive that thing easily into the 10's, or pass me the wheel and let me go 9's, j/k.

Work on the driving now. Power, weight reduction, slicks, is all there.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 06, 2008 03:47 am UTC

After all the rainouts, it was definality a good event to end the season! I ended up comming second place in the "street wars" class (12.50 break out time rule). Something different to detune the car to meet a certain time, rather then extract every bit of power availible.

Congrats Helder!, that car was hauling some serious ass. Can`t wait to see a 10 second slip from you in the near future!

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 06, 2008 05:13 am UTC

Well, I just got back from CSCS after tuning Helder's race car. I got that baby an extra 9mph at the same boost level! He trapped 140mph!!! That's right, 140mph BABY! Oh, and get this one......91octane and meth naughty

Wow thats a huge difference on the same boost & running pump gas pimp Was there any additional meth injected or just straight tuning? Whats he using to tune, if its DSMLink is there any before & after logs someone could post?
Posted By: Craig Tremblay

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 06, 2008 03:21 pm UTC

Heres a good one for you guys. I ran a 16.11, looks like I got alot of catchin up to do. At least I had a better time then the guy beside me.
Posted By: Helder Dapont

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 06, 2008 08:08 pm UTC

Thanks guys ...I dont know how to post logs ..newbe lol ..going back out this sunday ...
Posted By: Rafael Pimentel III

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 06, 2008 09:29 pm UTC

^^ I remember when this setup was in the 2g. Super Quick and that was before Kevin and Reza worked their magic.

I did see a few of you guys around but as always, I spent most of my time on the other side.

I Ran a 1:29 in the Time attack Series in the EVO with LOTS of room for improvement.

Slighly used 15 inch Falkan RT615's will be up for sale soon.

It sounds like everyone made it home in one peice!!

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 06, 2008 09:51 pm UTC

Once Helder hooked up, he was going 132ish MPH so don't let that 140MPH sink in. I don't want to be the pessimist but there was once a time when I went 14.00@117MPH. Once I got traction, the MPH drops considerably. Helder didn't get one good clean run. I never asked what the issue was but it NEEDS to be done.

What was most impressive was that Eric came 2nd in the street wars class. I find that to be the biggest DSM victory of the day/night. Eric went up against a good group of solid bracket car drivers and showed them that he can drive his car. Since there was no sense in racing SS/PA, he did what he had to do.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 06, 2008 10:48 pm UTC

11.8XX at 140.XX mph on a stock block is pretty impressive.

Nice build and run Helder, that POS of a shell was moving.

With all these guys running high MPH's and people jumping on the band wagon to get slicks, no one is actually gonna break into the 10's!

Someone is going to jump right into the 9.xx's. Who will it be?

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 06, 2008 10:53 pm UTC

thanks sunday not far away ....

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 08, 2008 04:52 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Tim Grech
Once Helder hooked up, he was going 132ish MPH so don't let that 140MPH sink in. I don't want to be the pessimist but there was once a time when I went 14.00@117MPH. Once I got traction, the MPH drops considerably. Helder didn't get one good clean run. I never asked what the issue was but it NEEDS to be done.

Tim, Helder wasn't spinning the slicks so its a legit 140mph bird Plus he had a few passes that were 135+mph.

Darren, there was no additional meth added, just tuning wink

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 08, 2008 04:57 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Helder Dapont
..going back out this sunday ...

LMK if your going forsure. I was wanting to hit up S-ville on Sat, but just heard Paul is going Friday night and I can't make that. So if your going down I just may come out too.

Posted By: Ju Chen

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 08, 2008 05:13 pm UTC

Just wondering how it works. is it open everyday (weather permitting)? and you can just show up when they are open to run?

I can't seem to find the operation hours on their site. I do want to go to the tracks one more time this year before it closes.

also, how much is it at Cayuga?

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 08, 2008 05:24 pm UTC

http://www.torontomotorsportspark.com/dragway/2008schedule.html

Eight more test & tunes in October plus every "weather permitting" weekend in November.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 08, 2008 11:32 pm UTC

Helder wasn't spinning the slicks so its a legit 140mph bird Plus he had a few passes that were 135+mph.

Make sure you bring a camera to record the 10 second run. Maybe it'll give me some motivation.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 09, 2008 12:33 am UTC

Hmm.. I will finally be able to come out sunday.. Too bad the GTX isn't ready.. Jetta will have to do.. Cya Sunday, As long as it doesen't sell, LOL.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 09, 2008 12:55 am UTC

Helder wasn't spinning the slicks so its a legit 140mph bird Plus he had a few passes that were 135+mph.

Make sure you bring a camera to record the 10 second run. Maybe it'll give me some motivation.

You waiting for X Mas Tim, lol. Lets see what your car runs smirk

I'll come out with Kevin on the weekend, just spectating though.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 09, 2008 03:53 am UTC

You waiting for X Mas Tim, lol. Lets see what your car runs smirk

My car will probably run 9s with the possibility for an 8 if I decide to go balls to the wall.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 09, 2008 03:59 am UTC

A quick google search..

7. Is My Favourite..
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=balls%20to%20the%20wall

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 09, 2008 04:08 am UTC

My car will probably run 9s with the possibility for an 8 if I decide to go balls to the wall.

Haha, I seriously need to try that special drink you take in the evenings wink

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 09, 2008 06:10 pm UTC

Reza, you going to crack a 10 before the season closes?

You should pull a Peckerhead at the next event. Crank everything to the limit and (as Tim so gently put) proceed to put your testicles against a large vertical supporting component of a modern day structure.

10.99 @ 132......

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 09, 2008 10:29 pm UTC

Haha, I seriously need to try that special drink you take in the evenings wink

I agree.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 12, 2008 03:17 am UTC

anyone going this sunday????

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 12, 2008 03:57 am UTC

I'll be there with Kevin and a few other guys.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 12, 2008 08:10 pm UTC

damnn i woulda came if i knew, maybe i ll wait till spring to go again

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 12, 2008 11:02 pm UTC

One run, and had to go home.. LEsson.. dont bring the gf

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 14, 2008 02:19 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Brian Fernandez
One run, and had to go home.. LEsson.. dont bring the gf

I guess we know who wears the pants in that relationship! rotflmao

My GF's come the last couple times & really likes it! For someone who didn't even want me going to the track at first, I was really surprised. She defently didn't seem like the track type but now we have a great camera person wink

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 14, 2008 05:48 pm UTC

She loved it. Parents called to come for thanksgiving sh!t. So pissed. lol. 14.41, when the project is done i'm going to send her down the track in it, see what she can do.

When I was on my way back I saw Reza, honkde a few times, Dont think he noticed though

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 14, 2008 07:20 pm UTC

I don't think I noticed Brian.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 15, 2008 03:06 pm UTC

So, didn't a few go last weekend? What were the results?

I believe this coming Sun, the 19th is alos a T&T. So far the weather is looking good, around 14, sunny with a side/tail wind! I think I may try to get out for one last time this season, would like to see some sub 2.0 60's but I guess that depends on how the clutch holds....

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 15, 2008 05:39 pm UTC

I didn't run. Kevin ran a best of 12.0@121. He was having some issues with the car breaking up, so no 10's for him.
Helder snuck out the day before on Saturday, and ran a best of 11.00@129 coasting, as he tossed a rod through the motor during 3rd or 4th gear, so no 10's for him.

Its all up to me now smile

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 15, 2008 07:58 pm UTC

where all fix and going out saterday ..all i need is t-case 22....anyone..

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 15, 2008 08:02 pm UTC

I left you a message Helder. I have your old 22 spline t-case. Come pick it up smile

I'll be in the lane next to you on Saturday wink

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 15, 2008 09:57 pm UTC

sick...

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 15, 2008 11:31 pm UTC

Thought you weren't going to run anymore this year Reza, I guess the slicks got the best of you wink

I wouldn't mind being there to see that first 10 second slip naughty

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 15, 2008 11:37 pm UTC

F*ckit. I'll come and see what she can do. That makes 3 of us going for 10s. I may not have the best chance, but I need a goal to aim for; 10.999.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 15, 2008 11:50 pm UTC

Battle of the 10`s this Saturday!

lets do it

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 16, 2008 12:04 am UTC

Hmmm, was going to say Sat? There was supposed to be an event on Sat. Looks like sometime today, they switched the days around. Looks like Sat it is tu

My goals are a little lower though (or should I say higher), I'd like to see an 11, even if an 11.999 but not sure if the clutch will take it based on last time. We'll see, a low 12 wouldn't be so bad either, since technically it still is a street fwd setup wink

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 16, 2008 12:13 am UTC

Those AWD 10s sound easy, compared to that FWD 11...
Good luck guys; especially you, Daren alien

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 16, 2008 12:32 am UTC

Rob, haven't heard of you at a track this year, where's your car?

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 16, 2008 12:34 am UTC

I drove it into the garage and took it apart for some general maintenance and to fix the exhaust. That was in the spring.

WORK, HOUSE, DSM
I only have the time & enegry for two of these frown

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 16, 2008 12:38 am UTC

Who needs a house. Honestly. laugh
Posted By: Octavio Barrera

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 16, 2008 11:52 am UTC

I think I'm going to go and watch the battle.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 16, 2008 01:08 pm UTC

Yea, I'm trailoring the car on Saturday. Either I'll run 10's or I break something. I say 60% chance I will destroy something in the driveline, but I'll take my chances.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 16, 2008 01:53 pm UTC

So Reza, are you going to take a couple "warm up" passes first? If you keep up those kinds of trap speeds you should dip well into the 10's if you hook up. I would imagine first time this happens, you will be told to either not do that again or to politely go home. Have been told in general it takes a few passes to get slicks to start working properly. Being you won't be doing burn out, I would think this may take abit longer? Wouldn't want to have to go home after say a 10.9 when a 10.5, etc could have been had.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 16, 2008 02:36 pm UTC

I usually do a few roll outs before I go all out, just to check where the boost level is at, afr, tune etc...

From what I've heard these MT Drags don't need to break in, I should be good to go. It will be cold so who knows how it will be.

If I run a 10 without breaking it first, I'll pack it up, and back it up in spring wink

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 16, 2008 07:33 pm UTC

Want me to get a roll cage on order ?? wink

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 16, 2008 08:10 pm UTC

No no, not yet Ziggy. I need to do a little more research before I am ready for one smile

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 16, 2008 09:38 pm UTC

I was semi kidding..but I figure they are soon going to be making you get one....They will probably let you run once without, but if the slicks hook up, I think they will be taking a MUCH closer look at your car..

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 16, 2008 09:40 pm UTC

Sandbag the first few, then give her all hell if that's whats going to happen. 9.999

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 17, 2008 03:18 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Rob Strelecki
Those AWD 10s sound easy, compared to that FWD 11...
Good luck guys; especially you, Daren alien

Thanks Rob, us poor fwd guys have to stick together rotate

Don't know if I'll be pushing the car to see an 11, hoping to get in the 12.1-12.3 range but the big factor is the clutch. If it seems to be holding up & I can drop the 60 abit more (like the 1.90 range), they I may push for that 11, have to wait & see. Though if I do hit an 11, I won't have any goal for next year tongue

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 17, 2008 11:21 pm UTC

Just changed my plugs and did a boost leak test. Major leaks all fixed now. I had one really bad one and my tune is likely to be way off so I'll have to retune at the track. That's why it's called test & tune.
Posted By: toddmeunier

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 18, 2008 01:36 am UTC

Yea, I'm trailoring the car on Saturday. Either I'll run 10's or I break something. I say 60% chance I will destroy something in the driveline, but I'll take my chances.

Break a leg!

Err.. I mean an input shaft.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 18, 2008 04:21 am UTC

Just changed my plugs and did a boost leak test. Major leaks all fixed now. I had one really bad one and my tune is likely to be way off so I'll have to retune at the track. That's why it's called test & tune.

Lots of chattering going on here, with over 3000 posts you should be able to dial it in to a low 12 no problem big guy smile
or maybe you might just run 14.00@117 MPH wink Maybe you should pour some of that "special juice" in the tank, it might just carry you into the 10's.

I hope all dsm's out tomorrow do a personal best.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 18, 2008 05:19 am UTC

It was dialed in at 11.90@119MPH for a while at 24psi. My personal best is 11.60@121MPH over a year ago at 27psi with a smaller turbo and no Magnus intake manifold.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 18, 2008 06:02 am UTC

It was dialed in at 11.90@119MPH for a while at 24psi. My personal best is 11.60@121MPH over a year ago at 27psi with a smaller turbo and no Magnus intake manifold.

I see 11.3@126 MPH for you, cheers!

If I decide to run, Im looking for a personal best in the dsm, maybe 12.6@108MPH, Hopefully, my new 200km old 6 puck will give me a couple extra mph tongue

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 18, 2008 04:04 pm UTC

Have fun and good luck guys!

Reza: I want to see a 10.

Tim: Just don't break anything.

Is Kevin going to come out?

Let's see some good numbers posted. Hope there's someone taking video as I wouldn't mind (as neither the rest of the board would) seeing Reza's first 10 second pass.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 18, 2008 04:20 pm UTC

Helder and Helber are going too. Should be mighty interestin

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 12:41 am UTC

Got some passes in today.

MODS:
stock 7 bolt block/head
3" exhaust, Stock evo 16g w/over 100000km
2g Manifold, Stock pump, SMIC, UICP, 750's, Keydiver, water/meth injection, stock MAF

Best run of the day was:

12.6 @ 108 MPH

My 3 other runs were all 12.8 @ 106/107 MPH.

Any other personal best??? smile

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 01:11 am UTC

How much boost Jamal?

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 01:13 am UTC

Originally Posted by Jamal Qazi

I see 11.3@126 MPH for you, cheers!

If I decide to run, Im looking for a personal best in the dsm, maybe 12.6@108MPH, Hopefully, my new 200km old 6 puck will give me a couple extra mph tongue

Damn Jamal, you hit your predicted 12.6@108 and was also bang on Tim's ET. Hope you played the Loto! Congrats to everyone that went out. There were alot of personal bests, from MPH to ETs to 60's.

Ziggy, let's just say you left a bit early wink

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 01:21 am UTC

How much boost Jamal?

19ish...... He drove it like he stole it!!! demon

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 01:24 am UTC

How much boost Jamal?

Brian, It held 19psi right up to 7000RPM.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 01:25 am UTC

Is Kevin going to come out?

Kevin found the limits of a stock block. 42psi & 73.3 lbs/min bends rods. Bent a rod racing a slicked 590rwhp mustang......spanked him good with 3 gears, check out my facebook naughty

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 01:29 am UTC

Oh I saw the comments, I was in on that. So THAT's why your car just "Shut off" when you went into 4th.

So, can we get some times here?!?!

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 01:35 am UTC

Oh I saw the comments, I was in on that. So THAT's why your car just "Shut off" when you went into 4th.

So, can we get some times here?!?!

Yup, thats why. No knock at all. Oh well, gives me an excuse to get my built block back in there demon

I'll let the boys toot their own horns!

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 01:43 am UTC

Yep.. so will I, but I've heard already.

Come on guys, CHIME IN!!!

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 02:06 am UTC

11.3@132.4MPH. It had a 10 in it but things happened. I hate making excuses so... next year for sure.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 02:16 am UTC

Ok smile

After my first two roll outs just to dial in, went for a first proper pass. Bogged out of the hole bad on the slicks, broke a shifter cable, ran 12.1@128.

I was about to pack up because of the broken cable, but special thanks to Helder, for taking the ones off his car and giving them to me, as he was already heading home. I changed the cables in about 45 min, as Tim was waiting anxiously to line up with me.

I ran 11.1@129 to Tim's 11.3@ 131 next run, still not dialed in, and Helders cables just getting me by. It was not 100% but working, have that one on video Tim wink

I was still getting used to the slicks, runnning 26psi in them.

Next pass was a 11.00@132 and I finally got the car tuned to my liking.

Next pass all alone, I blasted a 10.77@131.95 , 1.62 60ft, spinning the slicks in 1st on the cold track.

Backed it up right after that with a 10.81@131.97, backing off in 4th as the rear end shot out . I think the car right before me shat some oil up there, my car almost went 45 degrees.

No broken parts, packed it up and back home now smile

I kept a very conservative tune and AFR , 35 psi, car felt a little down on power (maybe a boost leak), and cables getting me by, I'm glad it ran into the 10's as is. I know for sure it has easy low 10's. I was frying the slicks in first to get a hang of them, so next time out I'll use them proper with 15psi on a warm track. Other than that they brought the fun back into drag racing for me smile , I love them.

Track was cold and I was still cutting 1.60 60fts with 26 psi in them. I can't wait till spring now.

I'm very pleased, and congrats Jamal, Eric, and Tim on running personal bests.

I'll get some videos and slips up later.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 02:18 am UTC

Congrads on the 10 secound pass reza anyone no what eric lang run i gave him a call but his phone died.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 02:33 am UTC

Congrats Reza. Now that you know what your car can do in the worst of conditions, I'm looking forward to next year.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 02:43 am UTC

Oh and reza looks like your car did do the talking wasn't someone saying 2 weeks ago talk with your car not your mouth well looks like u showed them lmao.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 03:35 am UTC

DAMN!!

Reza, your wife told us she was taking you home after the 11.1 run lining up against Tim. If I had known you were going to run again.....

DAMN!!!

Anyways, congrats to all of you, and ESPECIALLY to Reza!!

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 06:19 am UTC

I actually ended up runing the exact same ET and personal best as 2 years ago of 11.79, again! Oh Well, at least I backed it up. My personal best today was a mph of 123. I need to work on traction tho, extra power isn`t helping!

I made several back to back passes of 120+ mph passes this season without anything breaking! can`t be more happy with the realibility!

What a nice day for racing, after all the rain this year! Congrats to Timbo And Reza. Very Impressive! Both drive their cars daily too!

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 06:45 am UTC

I just did a compression test on my stock motor and its still 160psi across the board. What a healthy way to end the season smile

Got some videos of almost everyone, just no video of my 10.77 run.

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/rza45/?action=view&current=CIMG0306.flv
http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/rza45/?action=view&current=CIMG0307.flv
http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/rza45/?action=view&current=CIMG0308.flv
http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/rza45/?action=view&current=CIMG0309.flv
http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/rza45/?action=view&current=CIMG0310.flv

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 06:53 am UTC

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Steve Kinnaird

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 02:05 pm UTC

DAMN! Congrats to ALL of you guys. A bunch of us old coots are having enough trouble getting to, and staying in the 11s!

Sigh.. I remember the "Good 'ol days" when high 12s was "fast". LOL.

Again, glad to see everyone's work has paid off!

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 02:40 pm UTC

Steve, 12's are still fast frown , 11's is even faster smile and 10's is just insane tongue .

Posted By: Steve Kinnaird

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 02:42 pm UTC

True enough. I need to start hanging out with a bunch of Cobalt drivers, or something. wink

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 02:47 pm UTC

No Steve, you need to come out to a day like yesterday. 7 or so DSMs with no line-ups and a load of v-8 spanking.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 02:48 pm UTC

Thanks for the motivation, I think its time for the front mount and my new 3G MAS.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 03:30 pm UTC

Yeah, motivation is there for me too! I really want to be there next year!

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 04:04 pm UTC

[Linked Image]

I'm in the left lane, Reza's in the right lane. The video is the 2nd on Reza's list. I had a blast but left so disappointed.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 04:17 pm UTC

What happened Tim?

Daren, Did you find out what made the car go Boom? I was waiting for you to blast right by me at the top of 3rd as you did the first time we lined it up.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 04:21 pm UTC

[Linked Image]

I'm in the left lane, Reza's in the right lane. The video is the 2nd on Reza's list. I had a blast but left so disappointed.

Disappointed????

That's a fantastic time, especially when your car is a daily driver. I think you did great smile

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 04:28 pm UTC

Originally Posted by miguel barros

That's a fantastic time, especially when your car is a daily driver.

Aurora to Brampton 5 days a week... comfortably and good on the gas. Ask Helder, he sees me driving my car to work from time to time.

I was disappointed because the car has a 10 in it. The only clean run I had, my elbow hit my switch for my electronic cutout to close and it robbed my power and killed my time and MPH.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 05:02 pm UTC

Tim, your car hauls man! I was stuck in the same position ALL year long with too many low 11's, sh!t tires, and traction issues.

Its totally doable, you just need to get in that one perfect run to crack a 10. The difference between 11.3's and 11.0's, is quite a bit better driving too.

Was your clutch slipping towards the end of the day ?

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 05:29 pm UTC

No Steve, you need to come out to a day like yesterday. 7 or so DSMs with no line-ups and a load of v-8 spanking.

I raced this 80`s Camaro on drag radials with a 150 shot of spray . We hot laped it and lined up three times in a row, took him every run. He drives over to me after we park and says in owe: "Those damm turbo cars, you got me everytime!"

He proceeded to his trailer, and loaded up his car. I put my spare tire back in, and hit the road for my 1.5 hour drive home, stoping off at Yorkdale for dinner.

Yes, its fun! even if your not smashing ET`s.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 05:37 pm UTC

Was your clutch slipping towards the end of the day ?

Nope. Oil or fluid on the track made my tires break loose.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 05:42 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Jamal Qazi

Daren, Did you find out what made the car go Boom? I was waiting for you to blast right by me at the top of 3rd as you did the first time we lined it up.

Well ended the season with a bang crazy! Around 6500 in 3rd heard a loud bang, lost power, so shut the car off. Pulled over at the end of the track, took a quick look around with Jamal (thanks!) & no holes anywhere, fluid leaking or broken parts to be seen. Start the car up, sounds fine, start to drive, hear a ticking noise, 1st & second fine, shift to 3rd nothing, 4th nothing & fith okay. So don't know much about our trannies but do the shift forks hold the gear stacks in place? If so I guess I broke the 3-4 fork? Packed the car up & drove 1.5 hrs home on 1,2 & 5 grin

So not sure what all damage I did but I may be in the market for an awd doner wink

For you awd guys on street tires, what 60's were you pulling? I'm not sure if it was track prep, the lack of slicked muscle cars or just the temp but I just couldn't get any heat ion my tires. I was spinning & hopping all over the place in first & getting some spin in 2nd (complete opposite of last time when they wouldn't spin at all). I worked on adjusting my boost abit better (more even bvetween gears & not dropping in 4th), so was making more power but couldn't get the launches to drop my ET. So my best run of the day was a 12.59 @ 118.5 with a poor 2.125 60.

Jamal, do you have the slip where I broke (I was car 352, think around 4)? I didn't bother to grab the slip but was wondering if you could post up both our results?

Edit: Oh ya, congrates Reza! If you were pulling 1.6 60's with those slicks yesterday with 26psi in them, wait till you get a better day pimp

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 05:56 pm UTC

Reza, I've got some 4 bolt axles downstairs for ya if you want spares for next year. I've also got a passenger side CV axle for you as well.

15psi in those slicks next year Reza, you'll be snapping 1.5s and 1.4 60' and snapping some low 10's.

Tim, next year, you'll be in the 10's.

I hope to be right along side all of you next year!

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 06:34 pm UTC

Daren, here are the results from our run:

DAREN
R/T -0.21
60' 2.119
330 .000
1/8 8.736
MPH 89.98
1000 11.153
1/4 13.514
MPH 90.85

Jamal
R/T .730
60' 1.779
330 5.191
1/8 8.044
MPH 86.81
1000 10.525
1/4 12.618
MPH 107.96

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 08:45 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Daren Peacock

For you awd guys on street tires, what 60's were you pulling?

The general 60ft times for street tired AWDs was 1.75 - 1.90. I couldn't get my car to launch much better than a 1.790.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 08:46 pm UTC

Tim, what suspension are you running? When you launch your car, there's a lot of load on the suspension, it seems like it's not very stiff.

Maybe that would bring your 60' times down.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 09:02 pm UTC

I cut 1.60 no issues with a warm track. A stiff suspension will kill your 60ft times.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 09:03 pm UTC

Im running stock shocks and springs and have manage to cut 1.7's. I have yet to cut a 1.6 with my setup.

Im pretty positive I can cut a 1.6x if I use the stutterbox, but I have yet to connect the wire. A little boost off the line will help.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 09:18 pm UTC

I cut 1.60 no issues with a warm track. A stiff suspension will kill your 60ft times.

Huh. I always thought a stiffer rear would help with keeping the tires to the ground and helping with the launch.

Alrighty then! Stock suspension FTW!

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 09:24 pm UTC

Jake (evileagle) used to cut stupid serious 60-fts back when he started to touch the nines on stock suspension.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 19, 2008 09:26 pm UTC

Saves me some money then I guess.

Wait, I am FWD, so I want some suspension don't I? laugh
Posted By: Mike Palome

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 20, 2008 12:46 am UTC

Hey Tim are you running the holset hx40. What kind of boost are you running now.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 20, 2008 01:17 am UTC

HX35/40 hybrid. 37psi.

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 20, 2008 12:21 pm UTC

HX35/40 hybrid. 37psi.

37 PSI???? Stock block or built motor Tim?

Re: Cayuga Sat - October 20, 2008 08:35 pm UTC

Built motor.

Re: Cayuga Sat - November 11, 2008 02:20 am UTC

How much boost Jamal?

With an upgraded walbro pump now in the car, Im running a conservative 24psi.

Going to be installing another meth nozzle tomorrow, so I will be cranking the boost up to 26 psi, looking for 25/26 psi right to redline.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada