water/meth injection - group buy?

Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

water/meth injection - group buy? - February 25, 2007 01:34 am UTC

Lately there has been a lot of interest in water/meth injection kits. I have been getting a lot of inquiries, and until now have only been able to offer the kit from SNOW performance, which runs around $300.USD. and is nothing special.

Some members have done a bit of research and found a kit by "DevilsOwn", which seems to be a great deal:
http://www.alcohol-injection.com/

I have been in contact with these people about becoming a dealer, BUT...like most places, they require a "buy in". I have no desire to spend a lot of money to put product on my shelf that I may or may not sell, so the solution to me seems simple. I would like to run a "group buy" on these, so that I could have my "buy in" order "pre sold". I am willing to sell the initial batch at well below normal pricing, just to get the orders and have them pre-sold.

Their basic kit sells for $205 USD., plus shipping and brokerage and all that great stuff.

Their advanced kit, with a progressive controller, they sell for $305.USD, plus, plus.

What I am proposing, is that for this initial offering, I will sell at those prices in CDN $!! I would also be saving you the brokerage fees, etc.

This offer is only good for 2 weeks, until March 10th. March 12th I will be placing my initial order with them (as long as there has been enough interest).

Of course, shipping from me to you (if necessary) and taxes are extra. I will accept orders with a 50% deposit, and will be willing to hold the units here for pickup up until the APRIL Yorkdale meet, for those of you who would like to get in, but are finding funds a little tight right now. As usual, payment by credit card or paypal will require a 3.5% premium, and there will be a $10. per unit "group buy contribution" to this board mandatory with each unit. That $10. will not be taxed, or show up on your receipt, it will go right to the board.

They also have accessories, and I will likely order some of those for stock as well, as long as there is interest and I am becoming a dealer.

If you want to order a unit, please email me at:
rtm_racing@cogeco.ca with your order.

Thanks,
Ziggy
Posted By: Andrew Bienhaus

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - February 25, 2007 01:40 am UTC

I'm in.
Posted By: Mark PPG Scheitzbach

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - February 25, 2007 03:27 am UTC

Me too

ppg
Posted By: Tim Grechin

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - February 25, 2007 09:18 am UTC

x3
Posted By: Steve Kinnaird

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - February 25, 2007 02:42 pm UTC

FWIW: The basic kit Ziggy is talking about is the one I purchased a few months ago.

I'm very happy with the kit. Quality is good, EVERYTHING you need is included. After looking at a bunch of options, I found this the kit that best fit my needs, and was one of the cheapest as well.

Anyone with basic mechanical skills can install one of these in a couple of hours.
Posted By: Pat Bell

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - February 25, 2007 06:21 pm UTC

I've been thinking about this. Now may br the time.
Posted By: Chris Clark

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - February 25, 2007 09:55 pm UTC

Im in.
Posted By: Aaron Gamgee

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - February 25, 2007 10:34 pm UTC

Is there any write up's on water/meth inj. kits.
Very curious/interested.
Thanks.

Aaron
Posted By: Eric Lang

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - February 25, 2007 10:51 pm UTC

I`ll take a kit as well ziggy

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - February 25, 2007 11:11 pm UTC

Ok, obviously there is lots of interest, and I should have no problem filling a large order. It sounds like everyone wants the basic kit, not the one with the progressive controller?

I believe the kits come without a reservoir as well. Is anyone interested in one, or will you all make up something yourselves?

Can I get each of you to email me with exactly which kit you want, which pressure switch (there are two choices), and which nozzle size (They suggested we would likely want around a 3 or 5, maybe a 7 for our cars). Also, please advise if you wish any of the accessories, and if you will be picking up or where I will be shipping. I can then give you a total including shipping (if necessary) and taxes, and you can send me a deposit.

rtm_racing@cogeco.ca

Thanks,
Ziggy
Posted By: Ryan Laliberte

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - February 25, 2007 11:15 pm UTC

I'm in too Ziggy!
Posted By: Pat Bell

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - February 25, 2007 11:50 pm UTC

Could this be mounted in the back of the car. I'm thinking of using the rear washer tank for it. What do you think?

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - February 26, 2007 12:32 am UTC

Yes, it can. Most people put the pump at the rear of the car where the spare tire was. And most people also use the rear resevior.
Posted By: Reza Mirza

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - February 26, 2007 01:12 am UTC

Count me in, for a progressive kit with a 3 bar controller, and an m7 or if possible m10 nozzle.
Posted By: Daren Peacock

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - February 26, 2007 04:02 am UTC

I probably spent to much already on the car this past winter but this seems like a great deal & I may be in as well. I know someone who is buddies with the owner of Devils Own & he uses one of their kits & was very happy with the results. I'll have to get the specifics of what he's running but I'll probably be in on this as well.
Posted By: Peter Urach

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - February 26, 2007 03:32 pm UTC

Im in too
Posted By: Randy Kuiperij

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - February 28, 2007 11:31 pm UTC

I will most likely be in with a deposit.

I am in the exact same situation as Daren. lol
Posted By: Brett Ter Smitte

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 04, 2007 12:06 am UTC

Please count me in as well!

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 04, 2007 12:32 am UTC

Ok, TONS of interest in this, but everyone is just posting here. So far, only TWO people (Pat Bell and Chris Clark) have emailed me with the required info and a deposit.

Please contact me with:

a) basic kit or progressive kit
b) which pressure swith with the basic kit, or which controller with the progressive kit
c) whether you want to switch nozzle sizes from the standard they come with
d) whether you want any extras (reservoir, etc)
e) shipping address, phone number and email address. If you will be picking up here or at Yorkdale, just let me know, but still send the info for my records please. If you want a price including shipping, just let me know.
f) deposit.

It looks like there is LOTS of interest in this, so I don't want to go chasing people last minute trying to get your info. If I don't have your info and deposit by the 10th, you won't be included.....

best way to contact is email: rtm_racing@cogeco.ca

Thanks,
Ziggy

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 05, 2007 01:51 am UTC

What are the options for the pressure switch with the base kit?

I am reading on the site that it says you should be at 1/2-3/4 of your full boost, but in what increments are they available?

Does this kit come with paperwork (instructions)? shuffle

I will send my info and deposit in a day or two Ziggy.

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 05, 2007 02:49 am UTC

the two choices in the basic kit are:
2-10psi or 6-30 psi. I am GUESSING that pretty much everyone here will need the 6-30 switch?

There are instructions on the site that can be downloaded in .pdf format smile
Posted By: Tyler Minshall

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 05, 2007 03:14 am UTC

Is the basic kit the same except the progressive controller? I'd like to get the basic kit and maybe upgrade it later.

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 05, 2007 03:24 am UTC

Everyone will want the 6-30 psi switch.

The switch is infinitely adjustable. (It's a "thumbwheel" that adjusts the setting, not a "switch".)

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 05, 2007 03:50 am UTC

Yes, 6-30 PSI switch, and most common would be the 7 GPH nozzle.
Posted By: Chris Mckee

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 05, 2007 04:24 am UTC

Im pretty much very interested in the box and controller. I just have to do a little more research and reading on their site.

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 05, 2007 04:27 am UTC

Originally posted by Devils Own:
What size nozzle do i need?

Our kits comes with the 3 most common sizes of nozzles to cover a wide use. This kit comes with 3gph, 7gph, and 10gph. There are many factors effecting nozzle size such as engine size power adder, Intercooled or non intercooled and level of boost you are running. What works for 1 car is not always best for another.
Posted By: Brett Ter Smitte

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 05, 2007 01:55 pm UTC

ziggy please email or post you # so I can call with deposit

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 05, 2007 03:45 pm UTC

Ziggy,
If we are sending email money transfer do we send it to rtm_racing@cogeco.ca? Previously I have been sending it to your mountaincable address, but I know you changed it.

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 06, 2007 01:03 am UTC

either will get to me, but I prefer the cogeco address. I can be reached at 289-296-9780, but will be working away from home next day or so, so you will only reach me evenings.

so far, confirmed are:
1. Chris Clark
2. Pat Bell
3. Ryan Laliberte
4. Randy Kuiperij
Posted By: Mark PPG Scheitzbach

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 06, 2007 01:14 am UTC

Ziggy, can you confirm that the kits come with all three nozzles. Steve says his didn't come with all three. His only came with one and he bought a second one...

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 06, 2007 01:18 am UTC

Hmmm....it says on the site comes with three...I will check with him...

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 06, 2007 12:21 pm UTC

I believe they've slightly changed the contents of the kit.

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 06, 2007 12:55 pm UTC

I have emailed him, am awaiting a response...
Posted By: Adam Edgcumbe

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 06, 2007 06:55 pm UTC

What does everyone think of the progressive kit?

I don't really understand its value. From reading their web site it looks like its main function will be to turn on off via a map sensor reading of boost, where the basic kit turns on via a valve that reads pressure in your intercooler pipeing. Are they any real advantages to the controller?

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 07, 2007 12:16 am UTC

Steve is right, they have slightly changed the contents of the kit. They DO now include 3 nozzles in both basic and progressive kits, as per their website..

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 08, 2007 01:25 pm UTC

No one can answer my question above?
Posted By: Steve Laliberté

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 08, 2007 02:46 pm UTC

Originally posted by Adam Edgcumbe:
No one can answer my question above?
Did you read this page : http://www.alcohol-injection.com/progressive-controller-p-14.html

You need to buy a 3 bar map sensor if you want to use the progressive controller.

Steve

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 08, 2007 03:32 pm UTC

Yes I did.

My question is what are the advantages of useing the progressive controller and is it worth it over the basic kit?
Posted By: Jerry Rose

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 08, 2007 05:21 pm UTC

Some injection info here and here

Steve do you have an install pic?

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 08, 2007 06:34 pm UTC

Sorry I'm at work and do not have time to search but what is the advantages on the check valve which can be purchased seperately?
Posted By: Peter Urach

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 08, 2007 08:38 pm UTC

Ziggy your pm box is full.

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 08, 2007 09:10 pm UTC

That OFTEN happens. Please use my email address:

rtm_racing@cogeco.ca

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 13, 2007 02:30 am UTC

Originally posted by Jerry Rose:

Steve do you have an install pic?
Not really. There isn't much to see.

A relay, an adjustable boost switch, a pump and some hose.

I tried to "hide" as much of mine as possible as well.. which makes it harder to take pics of.

I used the stock wiper fluid reservoir. Put the pump under the front bumper (on the driver's side down near the horn) and the nozzle is under the UIC pipe.

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 21, 2007 11:41 pm UTC

Just an update...these are in transit, I should receive them Friday night, so they would be available for pickup on Saturday, or I can start shipping out on Monday

Thanks again to everyone..
Posted By: Mike Kuttschrutter

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 22, 2007 10:16 pm UTC

damn if only i seen this post sooner frown
Posted By: Jeremy Clarke

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 22, 2007 10:57 pm UTC

Yeah, I missed out too. Been procrastinating for months to buy that exact kit. weep

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 22, 2007 11:07 pm UTC

Guys, I did this to become a dealer. I can still get you that kit, just not at this fantastic price....I am selling the first ones at my cost to cover the "buy in" to become a dealer.
Posted By: Jeremy Clarke

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 23, 2007 04:04 am UTC

Great laugh I'll be ordering one soon then.

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 24, 2007 01:29 am UTC

My shipment just came in...I have a rec room full of meth injection kits, tanks, and parts...will sort through them all tomorrow smile
Posted By: Scott Neville

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 27, 2007 01:32 am UTC

Do you have one left that I could get? let me know.

Re: water/meth injection - group buy? - March 27, 2007 04:15 am UTC

All spoken for now..but I will be ordering more soon...
© 2024 Club DSM Canada