Yellow warning light on dash ....

Posted By: Aaron Fillion

Yellow warning light on dash .... - March 26, 2001 07:01 pm UTC

About 2 weeks ago the Yellow warning light (electrical problem ?) on dash started come on for the first 5 minutes that my car was running. After my car has been running for 5 minutes the light turns off and stays off. I have not been having any noticeable problems at all.

Generally the light only comes on after the car has been shut off for 6 hours or more.

What exactly is this light indicating and/or what is it detecting to make it come on ?

I am thinking the alternator is starting to fail, but I am not sure. I will be taking my car to get it fixed soon.

I have a 92 2G Talon.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Posted By: Steve Leigh

Re: Yellow warning light on dash .... - March 26, 2001 07:18 pm UTC

check your coolant in the reserve bottle.When mine was low I had a little yellow light come on when it was cold and would go out when it was warmed up.
Posted By: Jeff Mitchell

Re: Yellow warning light on dash .... - March 26, 2001 08:06 pm UTC

Could be coolant or washer fluid or ABS or Check Engine or...

It would help if you told us what the light looked like (aside from being yellow that is)

Jeff Mitchell

Re: Yellow warning light on dash .... - March 26, 2001 08:29 pm UTC

It looks like:
__-__
|IIII|

I will check the coolant. I did have my coolant changed about 6 weeks ago, I checked it like a day or 2 after after and the level was good.

Re: Yellow warning light on dash .... - March 26, 2001 09:24 pm UTC

Good drawing! [Linked Image]

Yep, that would be the low coolant light.

Jeff Mitchell

[This message has been edited by Jeff Mitchell (edited March 26, 2001).]
Posted By: Jorge Tavares

Re: Yellow warning light on dash .... - March 26, 2001 10:19 pm UTC

what's a 92 2G Talon Aaron???
Posted By: Troy Jollimore

Re: Yellow warning light on dash .... - March 26, 2001 11:14 pm UTC

Mine does this too. Puzzling, since I don't seem to be leaking or burning any coolant anywhere...

Re: Yellow warning light on dash .... - March 26, 2001 11:29 pm UTC

OK, this would be a good time to ask.

When is this light *supposed* to come on? Is it when the overflow tank is completely empty, or is there some other measure?

I've never had that light come on, even while doing a flush & fill.

Jeff Mitchell

Re: Yellow warning light on dash .... - March 27, 2001 12:46 am UTC

I just checked the coolant level and it is fine ... hmmm

I wonder if there could be a problem with the sensor, or if I actually have some other problem.

To Jorge: I meant, I have a 2.0L DOHC non-turbo 1992 Eagle Talon.
Posted By: Len Randall

Re: Yellow warning light on dash .... - March 27, 2001 01:33 am UTC

My low coolant light comes on when the overflow bottle is low. The sensor is located at the bottom of the bottle. I not 100% sure but I think this is the only sensor.

------------------
Len...
92 Talon TSi AWD

Re: Yellow warning light on dash .... - March 27, 2001 02:17 am UTC

Hmmmm... That's what I thought. I guess my sensor is dead. Oh well, I will just keep a close eye on the temp guage for now.

Thanks,

Jeff Mitchell
Posted By: Troy Jollimore

Re: Yellow warning light on dash .... - March 27, 2001 04:50 pm UTC

Nah. Mine never worked forever. I didn't even know it was there until I read about it. So I removed the reservoir, unscrewed the sensor, and gave it a good cleaning. It's worked ever since.
Posted By: Dave Dziarmaga

Re: Yellow warning light on dash .... - March 28, 2001 02:17 am UTC

Mine comes on for like 3 seconds when i turn the key, turns off before i even get a chance to start the car.

Btw are you supposed to pause for a couple seconds before you turn the key to the start position to let something "charge"? Last time i turned the key really quickly the car barely idled and just shut off.
Posted By: Chris Poe

Re: Yellow warning light on dash .... - March 28, 2001 10:11 am UTC

When you turn the key to ON it turns the fuel pump on.. It might take a while to create the pressure needed if your pump is worn out??.. I never had this problem.. I just put the key in and go straight to start..
© 2024 Club DSM Canada