Knock Sensor Torque spec

Posted By: Dean Marshall

Knock Sensor Torque spec - May 10, 2007 01:01 am UTC

I have read on some forums that the torque spec for a 1G knock sensor is 17 pounds. I have been searching my manuals trying to find out where the 17 lbs of torque spec for the knock sensor is located. What section is it in? Better yet if you have a 1990 or 1992 manual what page is it on as I have both those manuals? I can find a reference to the location of the sensor in the fuel section but do not seem to see a torque value anyware. I thought I new the manual fairly well after all these years, but maybe I am just not seeing it. It is really bugging me that I can't find it.
Posted By: Paul Bratina

Re: Knock Sensor Torque spec - May 10, 2007 05:44 am UTC

I don't think it's in the manual. I searched in vain a few months back to find the torque value in print. Never could. Consensus was that it was just a bit over hand tight. Though to this day, I've never actually seen any value in print.
Posted By: Ghislain Goudreau

Re: Knock Sensor Torque spec - May 10, 2007 11:02 am UTC

Yep.

Something like hand tight plus 1/4 turn.

Ghislain.
Posted By: Jeremy Clarke

Re: Knock Sensor Torque spec - May 10, 2007 11:46 am UTC

Don't forget the thread locker, and then it doesn't matter
Posted By: Daren Peacock

Re: Knock Sensor Torque spec - May 10, 2007 01:46 pm UTC

Does this same torque spec apply for 2g's? I'm pretty sure I saw a torque spec in the Mitsu manuels I have.
Posted By: Daren Peacock

Re: Knock Sensor Torque spec - May 11, 2007 01:48 am UTC

The actual torque spec for a 2g is 14-18 ft/lbs, I just verified it in the manuel.
Posted By: Dean Marshall

Re: Knock Sensor Torque spec - May 11, 2007 12:40 pm UTC

The 2g sensor is not an identical sensor as the 1G (different part number MD141510 vs MD300670)but I assume the torque spec from the 2g manual is the best be have since the 1G manual does not list it.
Posted By: Darren Schoff

Re: Knock Sensor Torque spec - May 11, 2007 10:07 pm UTC

I just found the spec for a 6g7 v6 engine and it is 17 ft.lbs. or 23 Nm so I would assume that the fact the 2G are about the same torque the 1g should work ok with that as well.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada