Clutch Pedal Assembly Failure

Posted By: toddmeunier

Clutch Pedal Assembly Failure - June 07, 2010 12:29 am UTC

Is this where they wear out? I took mine out today because I figured after 20 years of use it would have some wear but I can't find anything wrong. There is absolutely zero play.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Reza Mirza

Re: Clutch Pedal Assembly Failure - June 07, 2010 01:02 am UTC

Yes that is where it wears out, but yours looks pretty good still. The plastic bushings on the shaft wear out too. You should get the shep bushings and put them in there. Put the nut back on without the washer and weld it to the shaft and lever to make them all one piece.

If you weld with the plastic bushings in there, you have to be careful so you don't melt them, especially the one on the other side of the lever. The shep bushings are metal and you don't have to worry about it melting when welding.

I have new plastic bushings in mines and its welded pretty good. You have to weld a bit, then let it cool off and repeat.

Re: Clutch Pedal Assembly Failure - June 07, 2010 01:05 am UTC

Thanks Reza. I will order the bushings from shep and get it welded.

Re: Clutch Pedal Assembly Failure - June 12, 2010 03:34 am UTC

Welded up with the Shep brass bushings. Ready for the ACT 2900. For anyone who has worn out brake and clutch pedal pads like I did, they were only about $2 each to replace.

[Linked Image]

Re: Clutch Pedal Assembly Failure - June 12, 2010 01:32 pm UTC

What disk are you going to use with the 2900? I got the 6 puck sprung with mines. Was going to get a street disk but physically measured them at Ziggy place and the 6 puck sprung was thinner.
Posted By: Jamal Qazi

Re: Clutch Pedal Assembly Failure - June 12, 2010 03:01 pm UTC

The 6 puck and and the 2900 pp should be a noticeable difference from your previous setup.

You'll notice the difference from the street disc to the 6 puck real quickly.

Posted By: Ryan Laliberte

Re: Clutch Pedal Assembly Failure - June 12, 2010 03:37 pm UTC

I've heard the 2900 is a lot less harsh on the left leg than the 2600 with the new design. Reza, any thoughts?

Re: Clutch Pedal Assembly Failure - June 12, 2010 03:52 pm UTC

I have heard that as well with the new design 2900. I believe it has something to do with the geometry and pivots point in the 2900 pp. I haven't put my tranny on yet, but I'll have some input for you guys once its in smile

Re: Clutch Pedal Assembly Failure - June 13, 2010 12:18 am UTC

I went with the South Bend TZ Kevlar disc. I wanted something I could slip and that would last a little longer than a street disc. Hopefully this is it. I couldn't man up to going with a puck clutch after experiencing the twin disc. It was a royal PITA to get off the line and keep things together. Shifting through the gears was amazing though. Never even felt the power fall off at all. I will just have to drive a little different, that's all.

Re: Clutch Pedal Assembly Failure - June 23, 2010 02:38 am UTC

Drove her around today for about 30 km. I couldn't be happier with the setup smile

Feels much better than my old ACT2600 setup. TOTALLY slippable, no chatter, smooth shifting, and engagement point is right at the top of the pedal. Almost forgot it was a 6 puck sprung! Feels a little grabbier than the street disk, and is totally controllable with no chatter.

Does it feel lighter than an ACT2600 ? Yes a little.
For it still being brand new, I would say it could only get better. I'm happy with it pimp
© 2024 Club DSM Canada