Keys Cut in the Hamilton/Waterloo Area

Posted By: Phillip Lundie

Keys Cut in the Hamilton/Waterloo Area - July 27, 2004 01:31 pm UTC

Heys guys,

Having trouble finding a place to make a copy of my key for my 1990 AWD Talon. Canadian Tire, did not have the proper "blank" key. Do I need to order the blanks from the dealer? Or is there somewhere that will carry the proper blanks?

Any help is appreciated!!
Posted By: Tim Hunt

Re: Keys Cut in the Hamilton/Waterloo Area - July 27, 2004 01:35 pm UTC

I ordere Mitsu key blanks from the dealer, any proper locksmith will have them as well, just don't order them from a Crysler dealer, I believe they were about $25 each. At Mitsu I think they were about $4.
after that I got the keycode from the dealer and got new key's cut from code at a locksmith.
Posted By: Justin Howe

Re: Keys Cut in the Hamilton/Waterloo Area - July 27, 2004 09:11 pm UTC

So tim i need a key ass well if i went to the mitsu dealer and ordered a blank key i can then go to the crysler dealer and give them my vin and they will give me my keycode and i can get a locksmith to cut it?
Posted By: Tim Hunt

Re: Keys Cut in the Hamilton/Waterloo Area - July 28, 2004 01:07 pm UTC

Yep.
The Cry dealer gives yo a numeric code that the locksmith can decode and cut a "perfect key"
when I got my car I got 2 keys that would start the car and open door's but if I tried to get a copy from them they would not work.
Posted By: Tim Brown

Re: Keys Cut in the Hamilton/Waterloo Area - July 30, 2004 09:32 am UTC

Phil,

All my mitsu key cutting needs I take to Home Depot they always have my blanks and they work well.
Posted By: Tony Lowell

Re: Keys Cut in the Hamilton/Waterloo Area - July 31, 2004 08:19 am UTC

As I'm trying to stay vintage. $3.99 each at KW Mitsubishi with a free genuine Mitsu key chain instead of one of those orange Home Depot fobs.

Maybe this belongs in Bling! Bling! laugh

Cheers Tony
Posted By: Phillip Lundie

Re: Keys Cut in the Hamilton/Waterloo Area - July 31, 2004 04:55 pm UTC

I will try HD thaks guys!!
Posted By: Carl Mendler

Re: Keys Cut in the Hamilton/Waterloo Area - July 31, 2004 05:20 pm UTC

Canadian tire should have the blank i used to work there, and i cut a few copies of my key.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada