power lock problem

Posted By: Hadi Maleki

power lock problem - September 03, 2004 09:29 pm UTC

i'm having a problem with my driver side power door lock. The lock keeps on getting stuck. when i unlock the doors using my alarm it unlocks but since the driver lock is stuck it locks right back again. However when pull up the door handle a couple of times it seems to work again for a little while. what do u guys think it is. anyone know any mechanics that specialize in locks.
Posted By: Fai Lee

Re: power lock problem - September 03, 2004 10:04 pm UTC

why don't you try to take off your door panel and see if there's anything stuck inside before you pay someone to check it? smile
Posted By: Jeremy Chin

Re: power lock problem - September 03, 2004 10:19 pm UTC

This is a fairly common problem no?

I have had the same problems with 2 out of 3 talons. Usually only once or twice in a year.

If you read your Owner's handbook (who does right?) it does say that the power locks have a built in protection circuitry that prevents the door the unlocking if (thinks it)detects a mulfunction. It will return to the normal state after a few minutes. I know its silly but thats the way it is.

Forcing the lock open just makes this worst.

I think sometimes something trips the locks.
Posted By: Hadi Maleki

Re: power lock problem - September 04, 2004 12:21 am UTC

I did take it apart and everything seemed fine.

I understand that the lock do that if it detects a mulfunction but this seems like something is getting stuck. for a couple of days i had to get in and out of my car from the passenger side until i got the chance to take apart my door panel and release the lock. the part where the door handle connects to the lock seemes to be getting stuck. it seems like this round thing that is hooked up to the door handle and there is the lock bracket hooked to it. that seemes to be getting stuck.
Posted By: Tim Brown

Re: power lock problem - September 04, 2004 12:35 pm UTC

Hadi,

I just had this problem. I figured it out. I popped off the door panel. Check the rods that connect the interior handle sometimes that tar glue stuff gets on the rods and gums stuff up. and take your favourite spray lube aand shoot all the moving parts so flip your interior locks while spraying. Do the same while flipping the door handle and it will be better.. At least it was for me.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada