Topside Oil Changer

Posted By: Tommy Priest

Topside Oil Changer - July 25, 2006 12:51 pm UTC

Pretty cool idea. Might be worth the $45.
Oil Changer
Posted By: Octavio Barrera

Re: Topside Oil Changer - July 25, 2006 02:25 pm UTC

This is a good idea, but you still have to get under the car for the oil filter. laugh
Posted By: Rob Strelecki

Re: Topside Oil Changer - July 25, 2006 03:36 pm UTC

^^^
Oil filter can be relocated naughty
But anyone who is this lazy, will not have a DSM on the road much - probably not enough to even need an oil change wink
Posted By: Steve Leigh

Re: Topside Oil Changer - July 25, 2006 05:53 pm UTC

It will work but you run into the same problem we use to run into with marine engines
A build up a sludge in the sump/pan
The dip sicks do not go right to the very bottom so there is always a fair amount of oil left in the bottom of the pan/sump and that's the oil you want to get rid of...

We used to flush the pans with mineral spirits and then fresh engine oil before adiing the new oil just to get rid of the deposits that settle in the pan.
Posted By: Amin Ahmadi

Re: Topside Oil Changer - July 26, 2006 11:28 pm UTC

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Rob Strelecki:
<strong> ^^^
Oil filter can be relocated bird
Posted By: Eric Lang

Re: Topside Oil Changer - July 27, 2006 12:18 am UTC

Its pointless, because when you take the filter off underneeth you`ll need a drain pan for the excess oil in the filer housing to fall out into anyways.

Might as well just drain everything while your at it.
Posted By: Noah Wiles

Re: Topside Oil Changer - July 27, 2006 03:45 am UTC

Originally posted by Amin Ahmadi:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Rob Strelecki:
<strong> ^^^
Oil filter can be relocated bird
6 months I imagine... time for a change!
Posted By: Nigel Smith

Re: Topside Oil Changer - July 27, 2006 04:13 am UTC

Rob wishes 6 months...
Posted By: Rob Strelecki

Re: Topside Oil Changer - July 27, 2006 04:33 am UTC

weep It's been over 8, do you think my motor will be OK, or should I change it? confused Come on help a newb out!
Posted By: Nigel Smith

Re: Topside Oil Changer - July 27, 2006 04:34 am UTC

Well, since it isn't a 2.4, or hell even a 2.3 for that matter, I would suggest as a friend you replace it immediately.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada