Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman?

Posted By: Mike Lane

Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 07, 2014 11:24 pm UTC

So of all places, I just had an interview at Hamilton Mitsubishi to sell their cars. I have worked in healthcare and restaurants which have no work for me at the moment. I am definitely interested in such a position if I can sell the damn things. Gotta convince em to make some proper 1g and 2gs along with those Evos!

But seriously, I d appreciate any advice and knowledge of car sales from those who've been around the business. I went from online resume to interview in less than an hour! Next I have to talk to the dealership's owner. That could prove to be an interesting talk, and time will tell if I am prepared for it.
Posted By: Stephen Richardson

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 07, 2014 11:33 pm UTC

Just smile... and be full of sh!t. I am just joking. Mike Eng is the man to talk to.
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 07, 2014 11:42 pm UTC

Congrats Mike!

Have about 10 years in the biz.. more than happy to help you out.

Posted By: Anthony Hiscock

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 08, 2014 02:10 am UTC

Originally Posted by Stephen Richardson
Just smile... and be full of sh!t.

Fixed!
Good luck, it take a certain person to be a sales man.
Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 08, 2014 03:52 pm UTC

Tell him about DSM board...roll your eyes up if he doesn't know about it and take over the conversation from there. I am sure potential buyers be pleased to know there are Mitsu owners still babying/rocking their mitsu made 15+ years old cars and you happened to be one of them. And that's exactly why you want to sell Mitsu and not Hondas wink Don't forget about Mitsu exceptional extreme 10years warranty... you'll get a job wink

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 08, 2014 04:20 pm UTC

to further secure the deal throw keywords like: ecmlink, magnus, Ziggy@RTMRacing, crankwalk & 4g63, new 4B11T, MIVEC and finally talk about milestones achieved by Reza, Jason Drew, Ryan L and Bryan's L never dying all season 1Ga. Suggest redecorating their sales floor with pictures of our DSMs and possibly few video interviews to loop on big screen TVs rotflmao

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 08, 2014 05:54 pm UTC

I doubt most Canadian Mitsu dealers even know what a DSM is.
Posted By: Lucian Marta

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 08, 2014 06:30 pm UTC

^Know or care

But good luck Mike hope you get it!

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 08, 2014 07:34 pm UTC

Haha that was a bit of a good laugh!
Posted By: Ian Burnside

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 09, 2014 01:32 pm UTC

Local gm dealership lost their license and reopened as a mitsu dealer. Guys at the parts counter had no idea what i was talking about when i was looking for talon parts. Made me get an actual mitsu VIN before they would order me anything. Explained to him the whole dsm thing and he thought i was nuts.
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 09, 2014 11:14 pm UTC

Lol Alex that was enjoyable

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 09, 2014 11:28 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Bryan Lawrence
Lol Alex that was enjoyable

lol
Posted By: Ghislain Goudreau

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 10, 2014 04:59 am UTC

Go get them Tiger!!!

Most dealership that migrate from an other brand to Mitsu do not have a clue. We had a Saturn Dealership that did the leap a few years ago. They have come miles but still not close to it if you ask me.

Having said that; your knowledge into the "brand" is definitely an asset. Sell yourself hard. Doing so would be the prof that you are an excellent sellsman!!!

Keep us in touch.

Ghislain
Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 10, 2014 05:21 pm UTC

^ As long as they feel that it would be easier to teach someone with knowledge of the cars how to sell, than teach someone who knows how to sell the knowledge of the cars...

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 10, 2014 05:58 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ian Burnside
Local gm dealership lost their license and reopened as a mitsu dealer. Guys at the parts counter had no idea what i was talking about when i was looking for talon parts. Made me get an actual mitsu VIN before they would order me anything. Explained to him the whole dsm thing and he thought i was nuts.

I ve been there done that many years ago. Stuck to Ziggy for the most part ever since or ordered as if my car was something else. Unfortunately I had one of the few DSMs that never broke or let me down, and that didnt make much busines for you either ziggy, so I then proceeded to break it. What hasnt broken it, only will make it stronger.

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 10, 2014 06:00 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ghislain Goudreau
Go get them Tiger!!!

Most dealership that migrate from an other brand to Mitsu do not have a clue. We had a Saturn Dealership that did the leap a few years ago. They have come miles but still not close to it if you ask me.

Having said that; your knowledge into the "brand" is definitely an asset. Sell yourself hard. Doing so would be the prof that you are an excellent sellsman!!!

Keep us in touch.

Ghislain

Very true Ghiz. My attitude exactly.
Posted By: Reza Mirza

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 10, 2014 06:01 pm UTC

I have found Mitsubishi car sales guys to not have much knowledge at all on these cars. A lot of these sales people have worked at other dealerhsips like Acura, BMW etc.

I personally feel that what makes a sale is the financial part of the transaction. Having a good financial background and knowing how to win a deal is more inportant than knowing the product.

I mean most of the time you come into a dealership ready to buy a car. It's not like someone walks into the dealership and you happen to sell them an Evo X because you just pitched to them how mod friendly it is and how the motor can make over 600WHP with stock internals.

The Sale happens when the #'s are right wink You having a lot of knowledge on building DSM's and Mitsubishi cars in general would be a great asset, but I don't really think it will really increase your Sales #'s for the month.

I have been working in the financing and leasing business for over 10 years. I have never seen a newbie Sales guy come in and blow the quotas out of the water. It is usually the veteran Sales guy with good people skills and number crunching ability who is winning all the deals.

Good luck, and I hope you get the job!

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 10, 2014 06:02 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ziggy Dietrich, RTM Racing
^ As long as they feel that it would be easier to teach someone with knowledge of the cars how to sell, than teach someone who knows how to sell the knowledge of the cars...

On a cocky note...
If I am presumed to not be able to do something,
I have been grossly underestimated, and my skills are deserved elsewhere smile
Knowledge base may help, but I m working on getting myself up to speed on anything 2000+ and not an EVO. LOL.

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 10, 2014 10:58 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Reza Mirza
I have found Mitsubishi car sales guys to not have much knowledge at all on these cars. A lot of these sales people have worked at other dealerhsips like Acura, BMW etc.

Not exactly sure what you mean here Reza but I guarantee you there's not a salesman out there with at least half a brain who would go from a luxury car store to a Mitsu store simply because the gross margins are at least double, even triple.

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 10, 2014 11:39 pm UTC

I don't know Mike... but know quite a few guys that left because places like toyota, hyundia, honda and Kia sell 2 to 3 times asmany cars Acura does.

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 11, 2014 12:45 am UTC

Your store has low volume and probably little to no advertising. I've seen your numbers. I came from Honda, and I put in half the amount of work to make twice the pay at Acura.

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 11, 2014 12:56 am UTC

These guys are from Hamilton and Toronto...... we have a very low turn around.

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 11, 2014 11:57 am UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Eng
Originally Posted by Reza Mirza

Not exactly sure what you mean here Reza but I guarantee you there's not a salesman out there with at least half a brain who would go from a luxury car store to a Mitsu store simply because the gross margins are at least double, even triple.

You obviously don't know the history of every car sales person out there, lmfao.

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 11, 2014 02:18 pm UTC

You're right.

What was I thinking?

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 11, 2014 03:01 pm UTC

Not sure, but I know of two former Acura sales guys who work at Markham Mitsu. Why? I really don't care to know.

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 11, 2014 07:19 pm UTC

Well it was a good chat but I think I was perceived as too young or something and had the wrong approach at that interview. I am trying hard not to get discouraged in this past few weeks home. Really hard to get anything right now, and just trying to figure out my place in the world lol. Hopefully I am not without work for 2 more weeks, doing the best I can not to be smile

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 13, 2014 04:47 pm UTC

I didnt get in because they were concerned I would run back to healthcare. I feel like that is what it is for a reason, just being patient.
Poor eclipse is like a sad puppy face begging for money instead of food haha! I cant look at it frown

Posted By: Salomon Ponte

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - February 13, 2014 05:00 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Lane
I didnt get in because they were concerned I would run back to healthcare. I feel like that is what it is for a reason, just being patient.
Poor eclipse is like a sad puppy face begging for money instead of food haha! I cant look at it frown

Know the feeling...these + a lemon of a Mazda 3 + student budget = lots of dreaming and not a lot of buying parts:

[Linked Image]

It's too bad you didn't get it but you'll find something soon, I'm sure. The only piece of advice I can really offer is don't let any time you're off go to waste, although I think you already know that smile

Re: Mike the Mitsubishi Salesman? - March 06, 2014 01:00 am UTC

Another update! I am almost into mitsubishi after they reconsidered me. I was then put off by being told they indeed need me to pay for my licensing before I can start working, and I am out of money. however, I start a full time $20/hr job on monday with a 6 day week! Time to get the GSX progress kicked up a notch. In the plans are a MIG welder, and maybe a rotisserie if I can find one that fits in my garage! Excited to restart the eclipse build fund!
© 2024 Club DSM Canada