Max Jax lift

Posted By: Adam Grenon

Max Jax lift - June 27, 2015 03:58 am UTC

Just picked up a max jax lift, the one that Costco sells for $2399 plus tax. I found one brand new in box for $1600 cash no tax. I found it at Stirling Surplus, they have one more. Beware though it weighs 880lbs and they didn't have a fork lift, it was a bit of a challenge but they did have a loading bay and pallet jacks at least. That's more than $1000 cheaper if you factor in tax.

I know a few guys were talking about lifts awhile back, so here's your heads up.
Posted By: Ghislain Goudreau

Re: Max Jax lift - June 28, 2015 09:15 pm UTC

Nice find but I'm not sure of the "City Slickers" will find Stirling Surplus...

Ghislain
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: Max Jax lift - June 29, 2015 03:04 am UTC

Haha agreed, this is the first time I have heard of it.
Wicked find though! Let us know how it goes, get some picture when you get your car on too!
Posted By: Adam Grenon

Re: Max Jax lift - June 29, 2015 07:58 pm UTC

Yes for the city slickers please use google or Facebook to find them (North east of Frankfor/Trenton between Stirling and Hwy 62). I think most people have that skillset these days.

I'm in the process of verifying my concrete thickness which I expect is at least 4" which is the minimum Danmar recommends. I believe I will upgradign the anchors to an epoxy based anchor instead of the "wedge" style it comes with for added piece of mind. I am going to try to document the install best I can, no youtube video but I'll get some pics. There is a lot of info on the garage journal website as well.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada