Audi racecar

Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Audi racecar - November 02, 2014 04:02 am UTC

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...29502811?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

If anyone has a fancy for Audi
Posted By: Corte Beech

Re: Audi racecar - November 02, 2014 04:30 am UTC

This thing made like 250-260whp @ 18 psi. If I remember correctly.

Re: Audi racecar - November 02, 2014 04:31 am UTC

That's it?

Re: Audi racecar - November 02, 2014 04:42 am UTC

Yup and probably the worst exhaust note I've ever heard! Also weighed 3100+ lbs gutted...
Posted By: Stephan Tanchak

Re: Audi racecar - November 02, 2014 04:47 am UTC

Oh, but its got lots of stickers like a race car!
Posted By: Lucian Marta

Re: Audi racecar - November 02, 2014 05:03 pm UTC

Ricecar!
Posted By: Kirk Harding

Re: Audi racecar - November 02, 2014 06:22 pm UTC

40g's!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: Audi racecar - November 02, 2014 08:46 pm UTC

For competition in the Canadian touring car champion ship rules limited me to 18 pounds of boost withe tune in the car it make 270hp. With a proper time and boost around 24 pounds on race gas the motor should safely make 350-400

Wow Corte, you know your stuff.
Sent a message to him on the ebay post and this is what he wrote back.
Posted By: Mike Degli Angeli

Re: Audi racecar - November 02, 2014 09:18 pm UTC

My bet is it could put down a better lap time than any 500hp DSM in the area. My150whp mini does a good enough job.

Its not always about horsepower. Horsepower is cheap compared to making a car handle.

Its a 30k car with 20k worth of mods on it. Price sounds right to me.
Posted By: Guillaume Lauze

Re: Audi racecar - November 02, 2014 11:19 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Degli Angeli
My bet is it could put down a better lap time than any 500hp DSM in the area. My150whp mini does a good enough job.

Its not always about horsepower. Horsepower is cheap compared to making a car handle.

+1

Re: Audi racecar - November 02, 2014 11:47 pm UTC

Yeah I realize that, but it's just the normal thing to see a race car at 40k and at least think it's past 300hp.

I know the car to begin with ain't cheap, hence why it sparked my curiosity in the first place.

So did this one actually tongue But I'm biased to the 944:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...28411082?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
Posted By: Guillaume Lauze

Re: Audi racecar - November 02, 2014 11:52 pm UTC

I love 944s, stop posting adds like these it's making me second guess my dsm choice...:)

Re: Audi racecar - November 03, 2014 12:27 am UTC

Mike it's hard for people who are into drag racing to appreciate suspension setups when all they're worried about is HP and trap speeds, So they can't see where the cost of this car truly is. I just think the car is to heavy for it's class and power that's being made.

Also the owner has many other cool/rare cars. And I mean a lot more! Got some 4G powered cars as well smile

Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: Audi racecar - November 03, 2014 02:28 am UTC

I also think there are people like me that realize there car is not made for the track and hasn't really done much research on it. Salomon seems to be the only one that can get a 1g to do something impressive on the course, and I think we was looking to improve that.

I am sure one day I will own a car that handles well enough that it's worth while to put money into improving that, until than the straight line is all I care about tongue

Re: Audi racecar - November 03, 2014 03:27 am UTC

Originally Posted by Corte Beech

Mike it's hard for people who are into drag racing to appreciate suspension setups when all they're worried about is HP and trap speeds, So they can't see where the cost of this car truly is. I just think the car is to heavy for it's class and power that's being made.

Also the owner has many other cool/rare cars. And I mean a lot more! Got some 4G powered cars as well smile

Quite sure i've seen an EVO 8 with the same livery running in touring car this past year.

I appreciate this car but also see the limitations of the chassis. I bet it has 15k in suspension on it and a 6K+ brake system.

Overweight race car? R35 GTRs come to mind at the top of the list. A gutted one is like 3500lbs or something like that.

Re: Audi racecar - November 03, 2014 04:05 am UTC

You are right in what you seen!

I don't remember what it had done for suspension (Nothing sticks out to me) The only thing I remember is it had Alcon brakes.

A GTR isn't a good comparison. It actually has power to push it's lard ass around.

Re: Audi racecar - November 03, 2014 01:17 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Corte Beech
You are right in what you seen!

I don't remember what it had done for suspension (Nothing sticks out to me) The only thing I remember is it had Alcon brakes.

A GTR isn't a good comparison. It actually has power to push it's lard ass around.

That power doesn't help it stop!
Posted By: Derek Vincent

Re: Audi racecar - November 03, 2014 04:15 pm UTC

The Audi is owned by Ian Crarer from Clearwater Design (they make cool water devices such as kayaks and SUP etc). Both Ian and his wife run a set of EVO's rally cars in Canada... I think they are a EVO 6 and an EVO 9...

Ian was having issue getting the tune dialed in with the Audi for his first race and tossed the EVO 9 out at the last minute...

Derek.
Posted By: Jakub Kowalczyk

Re: Audi racecar - November 06, 2014 07:44 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Guillaume Berton
Yeah I realize that, but it's just the normal thing to see a race car at 40k and at least think it's past 300hp.

I know the car to begin with ain't cheap, hence why it sparked my curiosity in the first place.

So did this one actually tongue But I'm biased to the 944:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...28411082?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

This 944 is stunning! What a sexy beast!

Re: Audi racecar - November 06, 2014 09:58 pm UTC

On the same setting as the Audi:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...30748637?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Keeping it German tongue

Re: Audi racecar - November 06, 2014 10:24 pm UTC

That's awesome! Always wanted one.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada