Results Sept 29th @ St Thomas

Posted By: Mike Jackson

Results Sept 29th @ St Thomas - September 29, 2002 10:15 pm UTC

Good day. Not a lot of Talons representing but a few.

First off I won't be going back to St Thomas I don't think. Webpage said $45 to race... I thought that was a lot until I got there and it was really $50 mad . Oh well. Got the car setup and went to get some race gas (ran the tank empty on the way).... guess what... all sold out (or didn't want to pay someone to pump it for just imports) mad mad .

Okay to the racing. The Action front Talon was running well with a few minor glitches (last qualifying run I think he popped his intake off). Then first round of eliminations Marco go boom. From what I hear the naws blew. Happened right at the line when he got on it. Too bad I really wanted to see him get on it smile .

Ian Currie snapped a rear axle on his first run. He fixed it up with some help from Marco and some other club members and went back out. I think I saw a low 12 but I can't remember.

Me? I found some race gas and did a few runs. Last time out I hit 13.40@107.65 but had a 108.44 run. Once again just like every time out this year I bested both my ET and mph.

1st run: 13.455 @ 109.69
2nd run: 13.795 @ 111.94 <-missed 2nd
3rd run: 13.282 @ 110.59
4th run: 13.221 @ 110.79

Then in the first round of eliminations I readlighted (0.488 R/T) frown .

I'm happy. There's still a bit more room there I think. I think I can get 112 consistantly out of her... and couple with a good run should see 12s. I got rid of most of my wheel hop problems by replacing my ripped front motor mount and stiffening it with the cutting board mod. I still was hopping at the top of 1st though. So I'm gonna harden the rear mount when I get time too.
Posted By: Ian Currie

Re: Results Sept 29th @ St Thomas - September 29, 2002 11:28 pm UTC

12.2 at 126MPH, Missed 3rd
13.36 at 123MPH, Missed 2nd (First round, I lost!)

Rebuilding tranny when Marco has time. Thanks to all who lent me tools, and to Tim for helping out a bit!

Good day for shits and giggles, not a good day for points!
Posted By: Tim Hunt

Re: Results Sept 29th @ St Thomas - September 30, 2002 02:03 am UTC

No prob with the help and the tools, just glad I was able to help out and get your car back out on the track I know how frustrating thngs can be when things aren't running right, expecially first thing in the morning. Hopefully you can get the shifting probs worked out before the final events in Oct. Marco mentioned Cayuga next weekend possibly, you going as well?
I think I may go down for the street drags next Fri night, a buddy of mine went down the other weekend and said the fastest import/rice burner was running low 14's and the VERY fast V8's are running in the 13's, very funny if someone shows up running 12-11's.
Posted By: Jeremy Gore

Re: Results Sept 29th @ St Thomas - September 30, 2002 02:09 am UTC

not that any one cares about the shows confused ...But I took top honours with my silver dsm laugh just thought I should tell yas... shuffle
Posted By: Adrian Hossu

Re: Results Sept 29th @ St Thomas - September 30, 2002 02:40 am UTC

Mike, do you run the same boost for all gears? Maybe running lower boost on 1st gear with that PPG mod would make launching easier....

Also, what's your suspension set-up like? When I set my front to 4 (stiffest) I got wheel-hop from hell. I set it at 1 on the front, 8 on the back... but I probably can't even break 14's smile
Posted By: Jay Michaud

Re: Results Sept 29th @ St Thomas - September 30, 2002 02:51 am UTC

13.5 @ 103.94mph!! laugh laugh laugh at 8PSI

It was a good day!! tu naughty
Posted By: JOSE VEIGA

Re: Results Sept 29th @ St Thomas - September 30, 2002 03:05 am UTC

at 8 psi what mods do you have done to run that fast on low boost? unless its a joke ad i dont get it but that sounds realy good.
Posted By: Jay Michaud

Re: Results Sept 29th @ St Thomas - September 30, 2002 03:19 am UTC

In a Focus, with 9.6:1 compression, stock engine,just 5th injector for fuel!
Posted By: Vince Amato

Re: Results Sept 29th @ St Thomas - September 30, 2002 04:57 am UTC

Congrats Mike on the 111mph, that's really movin.

I gave up on those import events this year, I couldn't believe it when I herd they raised the cost from $40.00 to $50.00, that ws the last straw.

I was thinking about cayuga next friday too.

Re: Results Sept 29th @ St Thomas - September 30, 2002 12:42 pm UTC

Originally posted by Adrian Hossu:
Mike, do you run the same boost for all gears? Maybe running lower boost on 1st gear with that PPG mod would make launching easier....

Also, what's your suspension set-up like? When I set my front to 4 (stiffest) I got wheel-hop from hell. I set it at 1 on the front, 8 on the back... but I probably can't even break 14's smile
Same boost all gears... 22 spike settle at 20~21. I wasn't spinning the tires at all today so I can even get on it more then I was in 1st. I just have to stiffen the rear mount to get rid of the hop at the top of 1st. So I think I like using the gas pedal to limit the power with full boost.

I run 1 in the front and 8 in the back too cool

Thanks Vince... pretty much 112 though wink
Posted By: Vince Amato

Re: Results Sept 29th @ St Thomas - September 30, 2002 03:41 pm UTC

Originally posted by Mike Jackson:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Adrian Hossu:
[qb]

Thanks Vince... pretty much 112 though wink
You're still 6 hundredth's from 112 sucka! We aren't playing horse shoes are we?

So you like the cutting board motor mount trick smile Get some window weld and fill the holes ro take up the slack. You'll have to cut slots in the rear mount becaue the holes aren't there like the front ones. It works great.

Watch out when you remove the rear mount, spray those bolts with lots of degreaser and work them out slowly. I snapped 2 of my bolts back there and believe me it's not fun kneeling on the engine trying to drill out and tap those f'n bolt holes back there. I honestly think it would have been easier to pull the engine. You are warned;)

Re: Results Sept 29th @ St Thomas - September 30, 2002 05:32 pm UTC

"not that any one cares about the shows ...But I took top honours with my silver dsm just thought I should tell yas...
"

Good job man tu laugh
Posted By: Robert Sothmann

Re: Results Sept 29th @ St Thomas - October 04, 2002 12:27 am UTC

Thats pretty awesome guys...
110mph??movin' for sure...and as for you axle snappers...lol...
Gores car is cool...
© 2024 Club DSM Canada