Ottawa Meet March!

Posted By: Peter Harry Cortesis

Ottawa Meet March! - February 28, 2003 06:12 pm UTC

Hello fellow Ottawa DSMer's, lol.

I was just sittin here thinking how nice it is, on a friday afternoon, and figured maybe we could all get together again at Denny's for a meet sunday at 2?

I figured, if we get in the habit of the first sunday of every month, at the same place, we wont even need to have a post like this? Somewhat like the Toronto Yorkdale meets I once was a part of.

Sorry about the late notice, but it just came to mind? Anybody in?
Posted By: Gates Perry

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - February 28, 2003 11:15 pm UTC

That could work. Again, I work weekends most of the time but I'll try and pull a few strings to make it there. You DO mean this weekend, right? laugh

DAMN! That means my Talon still won't be insured. I'm waiting for the snow to melt to bring my baby out of her slumber. Ah well, I'll just have to come by in one of the many winter beaters around here. tongue

Just thought I'd bring this up in the new thread as well: Steve from Ottawa Fiero was wondering if we'd be at all interested in some friendly/healthy competition with some of his club members, at the track among other places. Here's a copy of his e-mail;

Perfect
We'll I'm Steve, I run the Fiero club here in Ottawa, I'm just getting a hold of some of the other clubs here in Ottawa to see if they have any interest in joint events. We have around 40 members but rarely do we ever get everyone out, usually 1/4 at best and for track days can get expensive, so we were hoping to get a bunch of cars together to keep costs down. We just had a meeting and some idea's we were throwing around are a Drag day at the new Ottodrome, a day at Shannonville and a Dyno Day, but would love to hear if you guys have any plans and if you would be open to going together?

Thanks

Steve
Give me some feedback, guys! This could be a great way to make the DSM scene explode into action this season. Hopefully if I make it to the meet we can explore this further.
Posted By: shawn mccorkell

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - February 28, 2003 11:21 pm UTC

Cant this weekend, but how about the weekend of the 15th, it will also give a little more chance for the snow to melt.

Shawn

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - February 28, 2003 11:39 pm UTC

Thats a possibility... any time is cool with me.

I guess that'd give more of a warning too, if some of the guys don't see this thread until the weekends over, etc.

Its up to you guys though. I guess we'll see how many ppl respond to this by saturday night.

Pete
Posted By: Crystal Goddard

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 01, 2003 01:16 am UTC

Hey All

Im kinda new to the whole DSM thing. I just bought my Talon last week but would love to come up this sunday and meet up with fellow drivers. Sundays are great for me (no work yeah)
Posted By: Eric Gibeault

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 02, 2003 05:39 am UTC

I probably can't this weekend because im always working at 2 t'il 6 on sundays but if we get something going on the 15th i could plan ahead and take some time off.

As for that other club im opened minded to new people but it just sounds like their club is in help of people. They dont really seem to be interested in DSM's at all.
Posted By: Ali Ghadban

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 02, 2003 04:00 pm UTC

The weekend of the 15th sounds good to me.

Last meet their were initial discussions about the 2003 shootout. Most likely we will have an Ottawa group heading down this year so if anyone is interested, bring your ideas and suggestions.

Also, I think it would be cool to have a
Ottawa-TO convoy if we can arrange it.

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 02, 2003 09:16 pm UTC

I'd be TOTALLY down with a Ottawa - To convo.

And for shootout, I heard the rooms were all sold out?

But otherwise, im down with going to ohio.

I guess the 15th it is then.
2 oclock, denny's parking lot.
Posted By: Tim Hunt

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 03, 2003 01:17 am UTC

Peter Check Andrew's post in the "shootout" section he has a whole hotel booked for us I think there is 20-25 rooms, he usually opens it up to the "Indy Stars" from Indiana later in the spring if we can't fill all the rooms. I have gone for the last 2 years and will be returning this year. Hope you guys make it from Ottawa, I know Alan P is getting lonely representing all by himself.
Posted By: Garrett Henry

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 03, 2003 01:38 pm UTC

I see if I'll be attending...don't konw yet...I might hold off till may to pull my car our..(or at least till they clean the streets)..I might show we'll see...

Garrett

---------------

Saw a nice Eclipse yesterday at the blockbuster on carling (one by carlingwood)

It was all white. Had a (what looked like) a blitz front bumper cw' front grille (also painted white). had a big misubishi logo on the back window. had a 3" exhasut. Was a standard and had interior detailing done (white trim) not a bad looking ride over all.

I was origonally going to get that same type of bumper but now that I've seen it on that car I think I'll keep what I've got..

any body know who this is??

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 03, 2003 10:53 pm UTC

I will be there the sunday March 16th sounds good!
Posted By: Ryan Cherry

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 04, 2003 12:39 am UTC

I will see if i can also get the day off to come and meet some of the guys.

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 04, 2003 02:00 am UTC

Ok, Sunday March 16th it is, at 2;00 Denny's parking lot.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 04, 2003 02:47 pm UTC

I will try to be there, not sure what's happening on that weekend just yet though. On a good note the car will be back together by then, the last thing left to do is put the valve cover back on and reinstall the front strut tower brace (happening this Saturday in my garage!)

Gary

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 04, 2003 04:00 pm UTC

I wasn't there for your last meat, where is this Denny's?

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 04, 2003 04:52 pm UTC

Eric, I believe they're talking about the Denny's in South Keys, just off of Bank Street, near Hunt Club. You can't miss it, if you're heading south, it should be on the right hand side.
Posted By: Tom Whelan

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 05, 2003 03:25 am UTC

I should be able to go but having kids, things change rapidly. Maybe see you all there.

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 05, 2003 08:04 pm UTC

Alright i'll be there!
Posted By: Charles Lavoie

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 05, 2003 10:17 pm UTC

I'm always there. So 2 it is.

Crystal. Nice to see another gal join the group. Cindy is getting overwhelmed by all these males in the group. But she always has fun.

P.S. Cindy is looking for a talon. Peter. She likes yours. Heard you were selling?? good price for a 95+ talon/eclipse (prefferably FWD Turbo). Let her know.

P.S.S. Hope everyone gets one of those FRS radios. They're cheap now. No reason not to have one. (It's better than an ugly CB antenna on your car)

** Whoohoo. I'm still not a post whore. 353. very reasonable.

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 05, 2003 11:07 pm UTC

I got 2 of those radios for the summer smile
Posted By: Yasar Issa

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 06, 2003 04:17 am UTC

Hey Guys

I am not sure if I will show up but I'm sure the other member of the PIT STOP CREW will represent(Ali) ppg

Later

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 06, 2003 05:51 pm UTC

P.S. Cindy is looking for a talon. Peter. She likes yours. Heard you were selling?? good price for a 95+ talon/eclipse (prefferably FWD Turbo). Let her know.

[/QB]
Peters is an NT and in good shape. Remember his blindingly quick high 16 sec runs?

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 07, 2003 10:00 am UTC

HAHAHAHAH, easy now Tom! lol, I think my best was 16.7 ? It was a fun first time ever at the track.

But ya, Chuck/Cindy, its a NT frown

Its a 1997 with 144k on it. Ive been doing too much driving to back home, which ends up being about 1000km's of highway driving each time.

Cheap on insurance though, but ya, my car is for sale, but will officially go for sale (autotrader, signs, etc) come early spring.

Blindingly quick high 16 run, lol, im still laughing, yet crying at the same time.

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 07, 2003 02:11 pm UTC

lol laugh

Sorry Pete, I could not resist.

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 07, 2003 06:48 pm UTC

Its all good Tom, Im hopeing by mid summer I'll have a TSi.

And it will be all go, and no show, other then suspension and maybe my 18's I have but I do like the stock rims on 97's

I for sure want a 97 or 98, im not a fan of the 95 and 96's.

Exhaust, Boost Controller, Blow off valave (I've always wanted that wooshing sound) Boost Guage, Turbo Timer, safc, etc. Will be some of the first things I do to it.

I hope to have it sold for sure by early spring, I guess every car has a buyer somewhere out there.
Posted By: Cindy Belliard

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 07, 2003 11:18 pm UTC

Yeah Peter, I might be interested in buying your car depending on how much you sell it for, but I'll have to take a look at it again since I only took a kick look inside your car last summer. So it would be great if you could send me picture of the inside, outside and the price too!!!

If anyone else knows someone who's selling an Eclipse or a Talon let me know. I'm looking for a non turbo one(I cannot really afford to buy a turbo car, not that rich!! wink ), automatic or standard, black or grey (not a dark grey one though), with a/c. Thank's in advance.

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 09, 2003 08:58 pm UTC

Hey Cindy, Chuck sent me an email, and I just responded to him.

I sent him a few exterior pictures, as for the pictures of the insdide, give me a few days, and I'll send em to you or chuck.

Are you going to the meet next sunday the 15th?
If so, I'll see you there.

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 09, 2003 11:13 pm UTC

I will probably be there next sunday, see you then and yes, please sent the pictures and the details to me too.

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 09, 2003 11:39 pm UTC

You have mail
Posted By: Adam Archibald

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 10, 2003 01:11 am UTC

Well I am new to the whole DSM thing too. Met another guy from this board (sorry can't remember name at the moment) at tapp the other day, on one of my many visits to see chris and the gang durning the 3 weeks i have owned my talon (new turbo, plugs, wires, still not perfect yet) shuffle . Assuming my car is running i will be there too.

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 10, 2003 04:48 am UTC

Welcome aboard Adam, sometimes you get lucky with our cars others times not, I have had my 93 Talon for 2 years now and havent fixed anything accept the tranny...(my fault).

is yours fwd turbo or awd?

Shawn

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 10, 2003 06:17 pm UTC

Ya i think i am down to the last thing to do befor the car is in top running form. Won't start modifying until that point. Having a bad turbo was expensive but made myself feel better by just going to a Big 16G. Atleast then something good came out of it wink . The final thing is hopefully the balance shaft. The idle is a little 'lumpy' and there is some vibration over 4 grand. So we figure that is the cause. Won't have the balance shaft done by the time the meet is but the car still run laugh
See you guys and girls there.

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 10, 2003 06:55 pm UTC

Things are looking up for the meet on Sunday. I hope to see you all there, especially the new guys.

Things to note include that I am finished with several different layouts for our local website and will be collecting opinions, comments, and suggestions. I will also be collecting some information regarding the local members to add to the web page. If you guys provide me with a couple paragraphs of personal/vehicular/whatever info, as well as some pictures of your rides in their prime, and list of mods/timeslips/etc, I'd be happy to add your details to your own section of the local site. Lastly, I will also require a valid e-mail address.

...More to be discussed at the meet, of course. wink

G.
Posted By: Chad Robertson

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 10, 2003 07:27 pm UTC

Dag Nabbit! I can't make it this sunday frown . Boooooooooooooooo.

I guess I will pay more attention from now on so I don't miss the next one. smile .

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 10, 2003 08:13 pm UTC

What is the address of the Ottawa based DSM website? Sould be happy to supply pictures but don't have any as of yet and won't have any till the summer.

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 10, 2003 08:31 pm UTC

No address yet, but it's in the process. If there was already an Ottawa site, I wouldn't need to be making another one. wink

Speaking of the site, I may as well mention now that I am going to be determining a fee(?) with you guys at the meet in order to have our own server. Why not use a free site like Geocities, you ask? Our site will be much larger than allocated space will be on any free site, and we are going to be running our own bulletin board which will (projectedly) be more than twice our allocated bandwidth. Having our own server would eliminate these complications, and will give us the opportunity to have more powerful scripting methods (PERL, CGI-BIN, and others).

For the record, hosting a server can range between $300-500. I don't expect yearly member fees to exceed $25, nominally.

G.

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 10, 2003 09:36 pm UTC

Hey Adam, that was me you met at Tapps. Glad to see you may make it out. Still not sure if I will.

Gates, like I have mentioned before in other threads and to others (not to you because you are never around), I am not interestd in an Ottawa website. Sorry dude. I am never on the DSM site enough anyways. I have my own server where I host pictures, videos and use this site to communicate with a few guys on here but mostly MSN and redliners.ca to get in touch with the Ottawa car scene boys/girls (and dsm's as most are on there too) as not alot of DSM's guys browse this site here I am one of them). I do alot of things with non DSM guys so I will stick with that format.

Go ahead and continue with it if you like but I am not confident you will get too much support with a local site that costs money and with only having less than 20 local members that are on here regularly (well, kind of regularly), I cannot think it would be too busy to warrant our own server. Especially at a fee. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with it if you continue.

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 10, 2003 09:36 pm UTC

I will supply the server and space and dns serving if needed at no charge.

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 10, 2003 09:38 pm UTC

double post.

no idea how.??? confused

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 10, 2003 09:42 pm UTC

Adam - I'll contact you when I get home in regards to the server. wink

Tom - I was only charging a fee because I won't support the entire thing on my own. As for the number of members, we would probably grow if we had something to represent us properly, and it's not like we actually have started advertising yet. That's to come in the spring, when I won't freeze my butt off distributing business cards/flyers/etc. Perhaps I should consider (re)creating(?) Club DSM Ontario in order to get a larger member-base? What do you think?

Let me know.
G.

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 11, 2003 12:53 am UTC

Gates, I just honestly do not feel that a local DSM site is needed. If you want to start one and maintain it go for it. I just feel that there is not enough interest and local members. How many times have you said you were going to a meet and never showed up? All of last year, you never came to one. Excuses aside, it is reality. That happens all the time. IF oyu want a web page with just Ottawa members cars or something, that may work but a chat area, post area etc, not thinking we need one.

We have told alot people about us and Chuck himself has handed out many cards he printed out. It worked on a few guys but most people do not realize the car they have or just are not into it and couldn't be bothered. I myself have told 20 people it and not one I think registered. If they were into it and serious, they would of been on here more than likely.

I think this forum is perfect for what we use it for. To post when our DSM meets are. That really is about it (of course the questions when the cars break).

Still, do not stall or stop doing what you want to do. This is only my opinion. It may fly, you never know.
Posted By: Billy Giles

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 11, 2003 01:08 am UTC

Originally posted by Adam Archibald:
Ya i think i am down to the last thing to do befor the car is in top running form. Won't start modifying until that point. Having a bad turbo was expensive but made myself feel better by just going to a Big 16G. Atleast then something good came out of it wink . The final thing is hopefully the balance shaft. The idle is a little 'lumpy' and there is some vibration over 4 grand. So we figure that is the cause. Won't have the balance shaft done by the time the meet is but the car still run laugh
See you guys and girls there.
My car was at Tapp's for the whole winter. I saw your car there a couple of times when you first brought it there. Hope everything works out with it. I'm not sure if you noticed my car or not, but ours look almost the same. wink

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 11, 2003 01:48 am UTC

Tom, all excuses aside, it is indeed a reality that I did not make it to several of the meets last year. I did, however, make an effort to promote the club whenever the opportunity arose and I have handed out quite a few flyers/business cards as well. If it makes you feel better, not one single person I promoted this website to joined the Club either. tu

I have a different tactic for this season, however, and if you do not want to be part of the enthusiastic bunch then that's perfectly fine. I am not forcing ANYONE to pay the fee, I was merely saying that without my own personal server I would have to charge something to someone in order to make it seem somewhat fair. It's not like I would take it all under my own wing and see if it grows from there. Remember that I am creating the entire thing on my own, along with the input I'd be receiving from the people in the club.

Did Club DSM Canada start with as many members as it has today? I truly doubt it. In order for something like this to take off, it requires people to make a member-base with. I am all for having this club start up and become strong, perhaps even enough to make other clubs feel inferior. laugh

That set aside, Adam has kindly offered webspace and such for our site for FREE, and I will be discussing with him further in regards to that. You don't have to be a part of that site either, if you don't want to or still don't see a need... Again, no one is being forced to do anything, I was merely offering this as an idea to get something AWESOME started. Good things aren't always just put in our mouths, sometimes we have to cook, too. naughty

Nevertheless, I will still be seeing what people think of the layouts I have in mind. Let's keep constructive criticism in mind because, after all, we ARE trying to build something here.

G.

Edit: Adam, please e-mail me, your profile doesn't seem to include your e-mail. wink

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 11, 2003 07:16 am UTC

Originally posted by Billy Giles:
My car was at Tapp's for the whole winter. I saw your car there a couple of times when you first brought it there. Hope everything works out with it. I'm not sure if you noticed my car or not, but ours look almost the same. wink
I'm asumming your talon is the other black one besides V8KILER that is at tapp auto. Never saw under the hood but need to get me one of the larger ICs laugh

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 11, 2003 07:26 am UTC

Well had a lil misshap with the car last night. Was having a lil drive taking off from lights a lil fast and well trying to clean the engine for my emission test soon. Got home and the engine was almost bone dry in oil. Looked at it this morning and found out i blew the oil return pipe from the turbo. Thank god the car DIDN'T miss oil or it could've gotten pretty bad. Took it apart today and it fell in two in my hands as i played with it. Will be going for parts tomorow and fixing this week as i am on march break tongue Probably the only one since.... yes I am still in high school.

As for a site for the Ontario region i dont know if you'll get much support but im glad you're trying to do something to represent us better. Will help you in anyway i can. But the problem i find is I do not have any flyers or cards from the club. Therefor i can't easily talk to people about DSM. People dont really take a lil word here or there. I dont really have the ways of making either so maybe if someone could provide something to people on the site there would be more announcement for DSM in our region. Some guys dont really take me seriously too since im only 17 and they just think this is a lil dumbass kids club but im trying guys.

Well i'll be fixing my car and will be at the meet on sunday to talk to you guys since i couldn't make the last dinner.

-Eric-

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 11, 2003 04:26 pm UTC

http://www.ca.dsm.org/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=000167 The link for HID group buy that Billy has started. We all know how are lights suck.

Gates, I am not bashing the idea, I just know that it takes ALOT of work to do what you want to do. ALOT of work. That is all.

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 12, 2003 12:03 am UTC

Well, apparently we are good to go with the server, free of charge, thanks to our own Adam Archibald. He has kindly offered to donate space until we can verify whether or not growth is imminent. What we have concluded thus far is that, since we haven't got an extremely large member-base at the moment that it would probably be a better idea to monitor site growth and focus on advertising the club right now.

I am in the process of working on some flyers which we should distribute once the weather gets better, and I will also be printing out some business cards so that we can have a more professional interaction between prospective members. I do not believe these designs will be implemented prior to this meet, so I will have to set them aside perhaps until our next meet.

Also, I would be more than happy to announce that not only will we be dealing with the Luskville Dragway this season, but we're also looking into the new strip being built in the area. I'm not sure if anyone here is aware of the details as to the plans for the location of the new drag strip, but you can bet that once they're up and running that Club DSM Ottawa will have a blast there.

Lastly, I would like to bring to everyone's attention that Ottawa Fiero is interested in some healthy competition with Club DSM Ottawa! We have been offered a mutual day at the track, with possibility of lowered rates depending on number of members attending as well as total number of cars that we bring in that day.

Hopefully once things get in motion I will have gained your confidence and I am anxious to see this club evolve. This may seem like a lot, but there's even more I must bring up at the meet, including site designs, member input, and the ever-popular question of whether or not you guys are ready to become a non-profit organization, but I'm getting ahead of myself now. smile

G.

(For those of you who are not able to attend the meet, I would be glad to forward you a summarized review of what has occured at your request.)

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 12, 2003 12:47 pm UTC

Looks like the Fieor Club want to show up for a beating ... I think a Stock feiro runs high 16's and Stock Talons ( Which I don't think we have any ) Runs mid 15's ... So I don't see the challenge there ....but hey they want to come see what Talon's and Eclipse's look like form the
back thats cool with me .. I think If any completion is set up it should be with the WRX club or something that make things even

My 2cents

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 12, 2003 09:59 pm UTC

Originally posted by Gates Perry:
Well, apparently we are good to go with the server, free of charge, thanks to our own Adam Archibald. He has kindly offered to donate space until we can verify whether or not growth is imminent. What we have concluded thus far is that, since we haven't got an extremely large member-base at the moment that it would probably be a better idea to monitor site growth and focus on advertising the club right now.

Well This one web site that will not worry about bandwidth and going over .... I had to ppg
Posted By: Erik Oxelgren

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 12, 2003 11:28 pm UTC

Hey guys (and gals),

I'll be at the meet too. Sounds like there will be a lot of new faces. From what I've seen on this board, there will be a lot more modified DSMs rolling around Ottawa this summer. cool

As for the Fiero Club, don't dismiss them. Apparently they have a lot of Ottawa members and I'm sure a few of them will be damn fast. Remember it's a fairly light RWD car a with 2.8L V6 engine. I've heard a few of them are trying to do a Pontiac GTP engine swap.

I also heard that their club has a lot of respect for DSMs and are just interested in some friendly competition.

Let the games begin....

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 13, 2003 02:55 am UTC

Bring it on.....buying this intercooler today
http://www.streetimports.com/boost/large.htm

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 13, 2003 08:03 pm UTC

I might not have a Talon or an Eclipse yet, but I at least already have the DSM spirit!!!! wink

Soon baby, soon... if I could finaly get that
18$/hour (or higher) job at the gov. anytime soon, money wouldn't be a problem anymore and I would be the owner of a nice Eclipse or Talon.

I might be able to afford one this year (but it would be a non turbo one for sure)if I can find one not too expensive and just the way I want it.

See you all sunday!!!

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 15, 2003 03:39 pm UTC

It's supposed to be sunny and 10 degrees tomorrow. Maybe I'll bring the car by, but I'm not sure I will want to waste the day inside, especially with that weather.

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 16, 2003 04:44 pm UTC

Ok so is there still a meet today, I will go, but want to make sure just 2-3 people dont show up...I know on the redliners board, they are meeting in the OC Transpo parking lot at the south keys shopping center around 3-4pm..

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 16, 2003 04:55 pm UTC

I'll be there with my car at 2.

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 16, 2003 05:05 pm UTC

I'll be there with my car at 2 as well.

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 16, 2003 05:13 pm UTC

Originally posted by Ali Ghadban:
I'll be there with my car at 2.
Looking forward to seeing the beast Ali. wink

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 16, 2003 05:14 pm UTC

Ok im in, Dennys it is, or the OC Transpo lot, where we met last summer??

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 16, 2003 05:18 pm UTC

K guys, just checked the Redliners board, and there is a bunch of other car groups meeting up at 3pm at the OC Transpo parking lot beside the south keys mall, we should meet up there instead of inside Denny's....to nice out, and who wants to eat greasy burgers and get fat anyways!!

Case and point, lets met in the OC Transpo parking lot, its huge.

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 16, 2003 05:19 pm UTC

Originally posted by Billy Giles:
Originally posted by Ali Ghadban:
[b]I'll be there with my car at 2.
Looking forward to seeing the beast Ali. wink [/b]
I'm looking more forward to a ride in your car man!

I guess we can meet at Denny's and then maybe head over to the oc transpo lot later to join the Redliners Crew.

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 16, 2003 05:20 pm UTC

See you all there. With my dirty falling apart talon! smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 16, 2003 05:24 pm UTC

I'll be there (Denny's) at 2pm with the car, I like the idea of heading over to OC Transpo after as well. Just because we meet up at Denny's doesn't mean we have to go in either!

c u guys in a bit!

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 16, 2003 05:26 pm UTC

Ok, sounds good guys, this nice weather makes me want to take my car out today, I will be there with my shitty Mazda Protege. If this weather continues, car is coming out next weekend for sure.

Shawn

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 16, 2003 07:41 pm UTC

Heads up, I'm at work. Got an emergency call at eleven and have been here since. I don't believe I'll out in time to make the meet, guys. I'm probably going to be at work 'till 9. weep

Gotta love the end of the fiscal year. bitch

I will prepare a survey form or something when I get home to see what you all think of the designs I had in mind for the website, as well as any other questions I may have had for you all. Till then, I'm hoping you all have a blast at the get together.

G.
Posted By: john armas

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 17, 2003 04:47 am UTC

Sorry I couldnt make it guys, had some family here from out of town.

Was it a good time?
How many people showed up?

Cheers

John

Re: Ottawa Meet March! - March 17, 2003 07:20 am UTC

Hey john...

Was a very good day. Beautiful weather. About 7 talons showed along with other's who still have their's in hibernation mode (god knows why). And I forgot my camera. frown

Fun turn out. At least we didn't get kicked out of the Denny's parking lot (as the Redliners crew did. Threatened with trespassing charges and arrests. OC transpo rent-a-cops)

All in all .. a good time. Was nice to see everyone out and having fun. We'll forgive you this time for not showing up wink
© 2024 Club DSM Canada