Bleeding power steering ???

Posted By: Jay Arbo

Bleeding power steering ??? - August 13, 2007 11:37 pm UTC

Well I stated yesturday that I was a proud DSM owner, well I'm pissed at that little facker ! So I fix the whole banjo bolt problem and what do I get in return ?? The most insane amount of air in the system I have ever witnessed. 2 1/2 hours of cranking on the steering wheel, fluid everywhere and I feel like I just did 3 rounds with Chuck Lydel.!

So my question is.... how the hell do I get the air out of the system ?? I've done this countless times on my Mustangs and never encountered this amount of grief. I've looked everywhere for how to's but they did not help. Should I just drain the whole system or is there an easier way of doing this ??

Thanks for the rant and rave space.

Jay
Posted By: Tim Brown

Re: Bleeding power steering ??? - August 13, 2007 11:50 pm UTC

Run the car turn the steering wheel lock to lock 5 -6 times and your done if your still getting air then you have a leak in the system somewhere...
Posted By: Jay Arbo

Re: Bleeding power steering ??? - August 15, 2007 07:29 pm UTC

Figured out the problem with the power steering, turns out the whole problem is the copper crush seals, or lack of. I'm feelin pretty stupid at the moment shuffle That would be why there is a leak at the banjo connection and why the air will not exit the system.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada