Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart

Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 02, 2012 11:32 pm UTC

So Pedro and I got together today to do the photo hunt picture, we figured we would go for a cruise after words and decided on forks of the credit. We pull up to the stop sign right before the start of the forks and a Ralliart pulls out in front of us and is going very slow. I think at this point both of us are thinking damn this is going to suck, we turn the first bank and he takes off "this is going to be fun!". This guy is booting it the whole time and I am keeping up to him and Pedro is keeping up to me, we come to the dreaded double hairpin turn and that's when the race became just me and Pedro. After I lost sight of him through the first hairpin I never saw him again. I know it seems like a sad ending but it did make for some very spirited driving!!
Posted By: Pedro Suarez

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 02, 2012 11:51 pm UTC

lol yes !!! I feel like a new man. To be honest I wasn't sure if I was up for the challenge at first as this was my 1st cruise but that changed quickly after a few bends and before I knew it we were flying. I feel like I just got my license LOL. And this "sad" ending is equivalent to having sex and being disappointed that you didn't do your favourite position... still a lot of fun !! wink

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 02, 2012 11:52 pm UTC

Definitely agree! Good analogy!

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 02, 2012 11:58 pm UTC

Truly an amazing expiernce

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 03, 2012 12:09 am UTC

It just dawned on me that my dash cam was on the whole time. Shall I post video?

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 03, 2012 12:14 am UTC

You just read my mind.
Posted By: Jeremy Gilbert

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 03, 2012 01:56 am UTC

Sounds like a good time. I'm interested to see the video!

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 03, 2012 02:14 am UTC

Me too !

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 03, 2012 03:23 am UTC

Ok, I will post it up tomorrow, the camera stores it in 2 minute files so I will have to put them together to make a video, and I have no idea what the quality will be like either.

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 03, 2012 03:37 am UTC

Aww man ok
Posted By: Johnny Larmond

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 03, 2012 04:07 am UTC

Ugh, fine! I'll come to brampton and cruise with you guys some time tongue
Posted By: Salomon Ponte

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 03, 2012 04:37 am UTC

Originally Posted by Johnny Larmond
Ugh, fine! I'll come to brampton and cruise with you guys some time tongue

Come for the Halton Ring thing...check events. Cruise up with me from RH.

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 03, 2012 12:05 pm UTC

Yeah Johnny, the halt on ring is going to be ant least an hour one way of nice driving.

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 03, 2012 02:38 pm UTC

WMM is just piecing everything together and then I will upload to youtube, as soon as I have the link I will post up here.

Here is the link for the video, it will be live in 5: http://youtu.be/oD92tSyRD40
Posted By: Jeremy Gilbert

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 03, 2012 05:42 pm UTC

Looks like it was a fun run. That Ralliart didn't waste any time putting some distance between you guys haha

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 03, 2012 05:44 pm UTC

Hahaha, yeah was fun. No he wasn't wasting any time.
Posted By: Jay Stacey

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 03, 2012 08:56 pm UTC

Wow i thought they had tall skyscraping biuldings in Toronto!? WWhere did all the trees come from?

And what are you listening too?

You should have scandinavian flicked it thru the hair pins! you would have had him!

IF i ever get up there with either of my Talons, You guys are taking me thru that route! Nice senery, cool bends, and hairpins.. long straights! Awsome exept for the slow bumps???

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 03, 2012 09:17 pm UTC

That's about an hour and some north west of Toronto.

I am listening to the new Tron Soundtrack.

LOL yeah man that hairpin killed me.

For sure!!
Posted By: Jay Stacey

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 03, 2012 09:21 pm UTC

Like Tron the movie that came out a few years ago?

LOved it tho..

I watch the animated series on DisneyXD with the kids!

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 03, 2012 09:28 pm UTC

Yeah the most recent one.

Agreed definitely good movie, and the soundtrack is wonderful!

I will have to check that out!

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 03, 2012 09:36 pm UTC

Yeah I think we could have done better. I think he lives there and pulls into one of the drive ways if I see it correctly so he probably flys there all retune and knows exaclty what he's doing lol

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 04, 2012 01:44 am UTC

Originally Posted by Bryan Lawrence

Can't EVER go wrong with Daft Punk. That or deadmau5. (new album is pretty awesome)

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 04, 2012 02:18 am UTC

Originally Posted by Johnny Larmond

Can't EVER go wrong with Daft Punk. That or deadmau5. (new album is pretty awesome)

YESS rotflmao I was listening to deamau5 on that drive. And yes the new album is BOMB... then again they all are
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 04, 2012 02:24 am UTC

or some skrillex

nice vid you guys. i think you're right pedro, the guy knows those roads and probably lives near there.

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 04, 2012 02:57 am UTC

Around the 2:30 mark you see a silver car pull into a drive way lol so I figured it was him. Maybe if it was the second time we could have kept up smile . And I'm not a fan of skrillex tongue

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 04, 2012 03:16 am UTC

Yeah agreed on both counts. I am much more for drum and bass genre stuff before it became main stream, not really a fan of the stuff they have now.

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 04, 2012 03:20 am UTC

I won't say I don't like Skrillex, but he could use some more variety....

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 04, 2012 03:34 am UTC

Tiesto ftw though lol
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 04, 2012 03:48 am UTC

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 04, 2012 04:08 am UTC

^ HAHAHA

I personally LOVED playing James Brown in my 2g while in traffic. Made the old guys look around for quite some time only to find out a that sound was indeed coming from the 2g next to them tongue Being an old drummer, I like good beats no matter how old laugh

That and it's always nice to hear "Papa's got a brand new bag" just before you boost wink

Don't get me wrong I play probably WAY too much techno/Trance/Dance/Eurodance etc since my library is HUGE from being a DJ before tongue Still like my oldies though like CCR
Posted By: Luke Decking

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 04, 2012 04:32 am UTC

Not that you should be racing on those roads but that raliart crushed you.

At the end when you ask him what gear he used on the hairpin why do you go neutral?
leave it in 2nd or the lowest you can go into the turn, drop the clutch then when you come out you have a mini launch ready to go as soon as you dump it.

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 04, 2012 05:04 am UTC

Originally Posted by Luc dekking
Not that you should be racing on those roads but that raliart crushed you.

At the end when you ask him what gear he used on the hairpin why do you go neutral?
leave it in 2nd or the lowest you can go into the turn, drop the clutch then when you come out you have a mini launch ready to go as soon as you dump it.

a) This was my time pushing my car this hard in general
b) I'v have some bad driving experiences on that very same turn
c) This was my first time speeding through such a turn

On the drive back I felt much more comfortable. SO if I get what your saying ... basically have 2nd gear ready to go..? Please explain if I misunderstood. I would love to know how to approach this properly.

What I did was go into neutral as I started to brake for the hairpin to turn .. the hairpin is on a steep downhill so while I was turning I was maintaining speed. I didn't go into second earlier because I was going as fast as I felt comfortable.. had I been in gear I feel I would have just been engine breaking the whole way. Once I was almost out of the turn I stepped on the gas to bout 3k drop it in 2nd and continued with my journey into manhood.

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 04, 2012 12:49 pm UTC

I don't know about the 2g but in a 1g second gear would put me under 2k rpms which is terrible for an exit. If my car is moving it seems to be very difficult to get into first, which i think would be perfect for that exit.

As for music, lately I have been listening to techno stuff. For me different music is for different times. Driving is techno or trance usually or some old school stuff (I have the sound track from vice city which I love to listen to). I used to drive with drum and bass but I usually get really in to the music and start driving aggressively, so I avoid that now. Rap usually when I am in the garage working on stuff. Usually whatever I feel like when I am working.
Posted By: Reza Mirza

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 04, 2012 01:42 pm UTC

Looks like a stroll in the park for the Ralliart lol
The Ralliart is setup way better than your DSM for those roads.

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 04, 2012 01:52 pm UTC

Hey Reza, how is body roll with the stock suspension in the ralliart?

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 04, 2012 01:59 pm UTC

There is some roll, but the car still handles like a charm. The car is stiffer than a regular Lancer, but definately not the same suspension as an Evo. I could make the rear end kick out like a charm on turns, unlike a DSM that would more than likely understeer.

Ralliart has an Evo9 drivetrain, EvoX SST transmission, active center diff, LSD's all over, and the e-brake will unlock power to the rear diff on those hair pin turns wink It's basically ALL evo crammed into a Lancer.

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 04, 2012 02:03 pm UTC

Nice! It kills me cause as soon as I see that hairpin coming I just get frustrated cause I know I am basically just going to roll through it.

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 04, 2012 02:32 pm UTC

DSM = Cave man's evo, lol

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 04, 2012 02:39 pm UTC

Well you have to start somewhere! I am sure I will EVOlve... you see what I did there tongue

If I was going to get a family car it would be an 2005–2007 STI

Reason I bought my car was I was tired of driving people everywhere, I think my rear seats were out within the first month of having the car. My mom's car was a station wagon so I ended up being DD all the time

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 04, 2012 02:41 pm UTC

I don't know about the 2g but in a 1g second gear would put me under 2k rpms which is terrible for an exit. If my car is moving it seems to be very difficult to get into first, which i think would be perfect for that exit.

Looks like it's time to stiffen up the ride a bit, heat up those tires and really bite into that turn. What he's saying about 2nd is always have your car in a gear and feather your throttle to the point where you are "coasting" but then engine is revving, that way you can really accelerate when exiting the turn with out fumbling getting it into gear. Oh, and your turbo should be just about ready to go spool wise wink

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 04, 2012 02:47 pm UTC

STI's and WRX's are nice cars, pain in the butt to work on though so I steered away. I even looked into the 2012 WRX (cheaper and faster out of the box than a Ralliart). I was looking for a daily driver like an Accord, Maxima, Mercedes C300, Mercedes GL500, used Evo X's, Subaru's etc. In the end it was between a brand new F150 truck or a Ralliart.

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 04, 2012 03:06 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Reza Mirza
STI's and WRX's are nice cars, pain in the butt to work on though so I steered away. I even looked into the 2012 WRX (cheaper and faster out of the box than a Ralliart). I was looking for a daily driver like an Accord, Maxima, Mercedes C300, Mercedes GL500, used Evo X's, Subaru's etc. In the end it was between a brand new F150 truck or a Ralliart.

F150 EcoBoost wink Or Taurus SHO. Personally, I really like the Flex and would rock a Flex EcoBoost any day.

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 04, 2012 04:03 pm UTC

+1 to driving aggressively with certain types of music.

Like I said it's a really steep drop so to keep my rpms up while in gear would make me pick up speed which I wanted to avoid. I also have the same problem with 1st gear... It sometimes grind even from a stop so I didn't feel comfortable trying from a roll. I must have had it at 2k when I did put it in gear and courtesying of my small ass t-25 spool up time is not a worry... power is LOL tongue

STI's are really nice. Actually me and Bryan saw one while getting gas, it was an old co-worker of mine and its 2012. Really nice.

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 04, 2012 04:27 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Pedro Suarez
STI's are really nice. Actually me and Bryan saw one while getting gas, it was an old co-worker of mine and its 2012. Really nice.

I actually didn't realize it was a new one the body lines looked a lot like the older STIs, but yeah that car was beautiful.

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 04, 2012 05:35 pm UTC

F150 ecoboost is a sweet truck. My cousin has a fully loaded supercrew in black with black leather interior. This thing has soo much interior room, it feels like your sitting in a luxurious coach. I was so close to buying one.

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 04, 2012 06:27 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Reza Mirza
F150 ecoboost is a sweet truck. My cousin has a fully loaded supercrew in black with black leather interior. This thing has soo much interior room, it feels like your sitting in a luxurious coach. I was so close to buying one.

That would be a nice truck. Too bad they're so freaking expensive!

I'd love a nice big turbodiesel with a 6-speed, but, that's just me.

Perhaps a Sierra Denali 3500HD, Duallies with the DuraMax.
Posted By: Adam Grenon

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 05, 2012 04:12 am UTC

Cool video.. Its been so long since I have driven a DSM, now I am comfortable driving my ralliart everyday, it will likely feel like a cave man's car like Reza said once I do hop in it. But I also don't like so much, beating on my new ralliart. The wife has an 11' F-150 Ecoboost which is pretty sweet, although there has been a couple minor issues with missfires/shuddering etc. Computer updates have helped. I am not happy with the paint quality of Ford however. Its literally wearing away, just from water running along the bottom of the cab. The Taurus SHO is $50k not worth it in my opinion too boring at least the truck you can do stuff with and it still blows the doors off hemi's all day.

I find the ralliart handles better the harder you push it, it definitely does not like being driven slow. The narrow stock tires aren't the greatest. Also I am averaging on normal driving about 24-26 MPG, substantially less if your foot is in it for any amout of time, I've been as low as 16 MPG over about 20 kms. Its not that much harder on gas than my Hyundai was in terms of just going to work and back normal driving. Insurance is also cheaper for some reason.
Posted By: Michael Lee

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 09, 2012 02:17 pm UTC

Wow, I need to fix up my suspension ASAP!

That drive looks amazing.

Great video.

I have that soundtrack as well, but not a big fan.

You guys should go pick up Top Gear's "Seriously Cool Driving Music"

Lots of great tunes on there.
Posted By: Jason Weir

Re: Bryan, Pedro and the Ralliart - October 10, 2012 12:42 pm UTC

Thats a drive I wish I was on
© 2024 Club DSM Canada