Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Technical Discussions
3 hours ago
If there was ever a time for a George Costanza eating popcorn gif, this is it. rotflmao
But seriously, great writeup and review Jason. Same speed with less performance required, it's pretty clear to see that you've created a more efficient system.
22 281 Read More
HELP ME!!
3 hours ago
dude... Pull everything and disinfect it with bleach and water.
Having dealt with mice before, I would be pulling the whole dash out so I could properly disinfect all of the vents and the blower housing.

Where they live, they piss and sh!t. You don't want to be breathing that in.
6 142 Read More
Shootout
15 hours ago
I know most of us are stuck in our busy life, doing the same thing day after day, week after week!
Soon you will have a chance to break free and spend few precious days together at The 26th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout of 2018
Address:
Summit Motorsports Park
1300 OH-18
Norwalk
OH 44857

Time:
Friday Aug 17th to Sunday Aug 19th (Thursday is travel day)

I never went to Shootout before but last year i made a promise that i will!
I saved up all my vacation to ensure i have enough time to drive from LA to GTA
and than re-group with all of you and head south to the Shootout like this:
[Linked Image]

Here is the plan so far, i will arrive in slow evo X on Monday Aug 13th (Nice cruising times LA to GTA).
I will have few days to hang around the city before big day.
Big day starts on Thursday morning Aug 16th ...travel day! The plan is to have as many cars/members going together(as shown above^).
We'll have walkie-talkies between few cars to arrange stops for gas/food/leaks

The following members are going: (if you on the list and not going please post here and let us know..or PM me)
- Ruben Silva
- Ziggy Dietrich
- Jay Stacey
- Mike Lane
- Deep Mann
- Jerry White

Confirmed 100% going:
- Jason D
- Terry S
- Alex AK

Here is google map that show rough directions DSMers will travel East to West on the Big day.
[Linked Image]
DSMers who already have hotels booked please let us know if you can share rooms.
This will open-up space for more DSMers to join and help you on the cost. If you can still book your own rooms please do it asap.

Once we have final head count confirmed, we will put together a schedule (times and locations) for everyone to sync with our convoy.
Let's make it happen boys, This 2018 Shootout will never be forgotten!

Please check-in (txt board members who don't come here often)

18 938 Read More
Love, Life and Everything Club DSM...
Yesterday at 10:56 PM
I liked the paddle shifting on the Ralliart when I tested a couple. Too many people telling me the SST transmission is delicate though. If I get more money I have a project in mind with a ralliart...money first though.

Congrats on the car! She looks like a Beaut'!
6 67 Read More
Commercial Advertisements
July 18, 2018 08:40 am UTC
I'm still on my stock setup... The RTM unit can't accommodate a 1000hp E98 setup like mines.... Great for a gasoline, race gas car....
20 1,184 Read More
Wanted to Buy
July 17, 2018 06:54 pm UTC
Sorry guys, I didnt see this. I found one local. Thanks.
3 76 Read More
Engine Performance, Mods & Repairs
July 16, 2018 07:39 pm UTC
I'm not in a rush, but I don't think it would be ideal to sit on this for months because I don't know if he'll honour it too much down the road. I hadn't originally intended to go to something between the Big 16G and the HX35, but with the Malibu restoration in full swing and a full hot kit for a TS T3 being super expensive, it may make more sense to do it this way.

As I mentioned, I can have them shipped to me and provide a favourable (relative to the banks) exchange rate...i.e. market rate smile
50 781 Read More
Love, Life and Everything Club DSM...
July 16, 2018 03:16 pm UTC
Originally Posted by kent Hennigar
Do you plan to paint or powder coat the Block ?

It will get pained black and also get fresh set of unpainted freeze plugs

Originally Posted by kent Hennigar
How much money in total are you looking at for your short block assembly ?

I don't actually start with allocating money for my DSM projects. Instead, i set my power goals (600hp/8500rpm) and gradually move towards that goal.
If I run short on cash, i stop and wait until cash is available again. In the end i will hopefully end up with the product i want which is a well balanced long block in terms of power to parts ration.

Originally Posted by Bryan Lawrence
Originally Posted by Alex Akachinskiy
Thanks Bryan,
Just go a call from machine shop about my 99 block.
Block is in good shape and rebuildable. It's time to order parts
Great news!!

I placed my parts order last night. It was very intense as i was still debating between few parts options.
Finally, i decided not to use ARP for mains and go with fresh OEM bolts. For pistons i went with stronger 2618 alloy 9.0:1 CR over 4032 alloy .
641 254,966 Read More
Commercial Advertisements
July 14, 2018 10:32 pm UTC
I have some Brembo calipers that we purchased years ago to do R&D for a new brake upgrade from RTM. They are Brembos for 2004 to 2007 Cadillac CTS 6.0l V8. The part numbers are 172-2287 and 172-2288. They have the correct mounting hole centre distance to fit DSM knuckles. I remember that we had difficulty finding a rotor to work with them. We ended up settling on an EVO X rotor, but the diameter had to be reduced. I don't remember how much, but it would be pretty simple to mount one of these and come up with a size. I seem to remember the EVO X rotor had the correct mounting pattern and thickness to work with these calipers. If I remember correctly, we had determined that these needed a small amount machined off the mounting pads to make them line up correctly in terms of inboard/outboard placement. We had started to machine one, but they were not sitting properly square. We were starting to make a fixture for holding them when RTM was sold. I have 3 sets of these. These currently cost over $300. USD with shipping to the US from Rock Auto, a fair bit more with shipping to Canada. I would like to get $250./pair for them. If they don't sell, I will put them on Kijiji for Cadillac owners.

Thanks,
Ziggy
0 19 Read More
Wanted To Sell
July 14, 2018 08:06 pm UTC
PM'ed
1 116 Read More