Potentially away from Club DSM for a bit,

Posted By: Tim Hunt

Potentially away from Club DSM for a bit, - June 22, 2008 08:48 pm UTC

After 10 years of storing a DSM for the winter months, I did something today that I thought I would never do, tucked one away for a summer season in storage.
So for the next 4-5 months I wil be located in the land down under home of backward flushing toilets (the water spins the other way) shelias, kangaroo's, drop bears, and people who drink waaaay to much.
Back at the end of October/early November.
On a good note, my DSM is rapidly becoming low mileage with about 2000 km being put on the car in the last couple of years, and since 2002 when I bought it less than 50,000km.

So not sure what access I will have to the net, so don't expect a reply within hours, I won't have club DSM Canada open on the desktop.
Posted By: Jay McClelland

Re: Potentially away from Club DSM for a bit, - June 22, 2008 10:37 pm UTC

Forgot to call you before you left man.

Have a good one man. I will hopefully have my car on the road for your arrival home. Maybe then we can get yours on the road too =]
Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Re: Potentially away from Club DSM for a bit, - June 22, 2008 11:57 pm UTC

Enjoy your time "down under"..
Posted By: Jeff Mitchell

Re: Potentially away from Club DSM for a bit, - June 23, 2008 12:53 am UTC

Hey Tim, enjoy Australia! I've spent some time there myself since my brother moved there 5 years ago. The people there are awesome, you'll have a blast! smile
Posted By: Ghislain Goudreau

Re: Potentially away from Club DSM for a bit, - June 23, 2008 01:04 am UTC

Oh, yeah. Lots of fun.

Been to "Stralia" 3 times and actually spent a couple of days in Brisbane a few weeks ago.

Have fun and scope out some of their speed shop. Never know what you could find.

Ghislain.
Posted By: Bradley Woodward

Re: Potentially away from Club DSM for a bit, - June 23, 2008 02:04 am UTC

Now you have to decide between GM Holden and Ford...I like Holden myself... http://www.hsv.com.au/cars/ ...nothing like a 7L V8 rear drive "coupe". They handle pretty pretty tight too.
Posted By: Jay McClelland

Re: Potentially away from Club DSM for a bit, - June 23, 2008 02:08 am UTC

why not Evo??
Posted By: Aaron Gamgee

Re: Potentially away from Club DSM for a bit, - June 23, 2008 03:17 am UTC

How's Gas prices there?
Posted By: Ryan Wopereis

Re: Potentially away from Club DSM for a bit, - June 23, 2008 11:22 pm UTC

Have fun and stay safe Tim.

Re: Potentially away from Club DSM for a bit, - June 25, 2008 08:52 am UTC

Well have been in Sydney for the last 2 days, and all I can say is already I don't want to leave this place. Gas is 1.70ish/l though. Havn't seen a lot of Evo's, probaly maybe one or two Evo 8's and 1 10. But having said that, when I did see them they looked a little well "common" comapred to all the cool Aston Martin's, BMW's Holdens etc...
Holden makes a "Ute" thing, think car crossed with truck, which replace things like S10's etc, The Holden "Ute" I saw had a full ground effects kit, big 19's and cross drilled rotors 4 puck brakes, and on the back had a little LS badge on it.
Turns out it was a Maloo, 6 speed manual, 6.2L V8....

Posted By: Steven Usher

Re: Potentially away from Club DSM for a bit, - June 25, 2008 12:44 pm UTC

Tim you wanker! Sorry I didn't get to make it out to the races with you and Jay before you left (if you guys still went), but I hope you have a blast down under! I'm damn jealous, thats for sure! ... I will find a way to smuggle myself there!
Posted By: Jeff Mitchell

Re: Potentially away from Club DSM for a bit, - June 25, 2008 01:53 pm UTC

Sydney is really unlike anywhere else that I've been in the world. If I could chose anywhere to live, that would be it.

It feels like a modern European city, but you're always just a few minutes from the best harbour in the world. Hop on a ferry and it's a short hop to the beach.

The cars there really are a kick. Those utes are everwhere!! Be sure to check out a magazine rack while you're there. They'll have at least 2-3 Ute-specific magazines. rotate People are fanatical about those things! wink I suspect you'll see some Skylines, Sylvias, Mitsu FTOs, and lots of other things we consider "exotic" here. Surprisingly, I didn't see many EVOs where I was there either. I suspect most of them don't run. smile

Re: Potentially away from Club DSM for a bit, - June 25, 2008 10:34 pm UTC

Was out and about again, ran across a few Skylines, was in the financial district yesterday, and Beemers and Benzes are everywhere, but not looking at "normal" as here, most are sporting AMG style appointments, Boxters and such are a dime a dozen, seems funny to not see cars like Neons, Cavaliers and such though.
Did see one Mustang, although it was a Saleen GT convertable.
Also saw an Acura NSX although it was badged as a Honda Type-S
The one funny thing is all the SUV's are things like 4-Runners, Troopers, and Range Rovers, the thing that is funny, not one I have seen sports the stock front bumper, all have true 4x4 winch bumpers fabricated from plate steel, with lights etc, 50% of then have safari snorkels and al have bigger than normal tires.
Posted By: Brandon Clement

Re: Potentially away from Club DSM for a bit, - June 26, 2008 01:35 pm UTC

I wanna go to aussie quite badly. My ex girlfriend lives in Sydney with her brother. She says it's absolutely amazing, and I believe her.

Have a great time Tim!! a DSM is more trust worthy than a woman! She'll be here when you get back and wont have anyone else in her while you're gone tongue
© 2024 Club DSM Canada