Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G

Posted By: Ron Korolak

Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - September 28, 2011 10:21 pm UTC

New project this year is to convert my 5 speed 1997 Talon AWD to an Auto, and go after that 8 second mark while keeping the car streetable. The car has gone 9.6@159Mph with the 5 speed, at 3250lbs. And when it comes to auto's the natural choice is the crew at English Racing, thanks to Lucas, Jeff, Arron, and Myles. I hope I can tuck into the draft behind you guys smile I will still be running a full sequential Spark Tech ignition system, but pretty much everything else on the car is going to be changed, and I mean everything! Going to be running Comp triple as usual on the car as it has all been an outstanding performer both in power and spool but also in durability. More to come

Video of the car going 9.6@157, and on the dyno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNEqyEsN-P4

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - September 28, 2011 10:21 pm UTC

Sorry that was an old video here is the video of the 9.6@157Mph pass smile

9.6@157Mph

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - September 28, 2011 10:22 pm UTC

Whats left of my old 300M upgraded 5 speed transfer case frown

[Linked Image]

And the new auto transfer case after machining for the larger 300M output shaft and re- setting clearances.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anthony Hiscock

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - September 28, 2011 10:32 pm UTC

Awesome, can't wait to see more of this!
Posted By: Joe Esmama

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - September 28, 2011 10:54 pm UTC

Wow... ive gotta say, the paint color, the body kit and the rims/tire combo - the car looks fking EVIL.

Posted By: Andrew Trapp

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - September 29, 2011 12:25 am UTC

Favourite engine bay by far...so empty...
Posted By: Chase Ivany

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - September 29, 2011 02:12 am UTC

Yeah I was just marveling at the engine bay myself. GORGEOUS. Also love the intake in the headlight, that's pretty snazzy
Posted By: Ryan Laliberte

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - September 29, 2011 10:15 pm UTC

New project this year is to convert my 5 speed 1997 Talon AWD to an Auto

love
Posted By: Brandon Clement

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - September 30, 2011 01:54 am UTC

I guess cutting off an extra .5 of a second is worth becoming less of a man!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - September 30, 2011 05:41 pm UTC

New 6 bolt to 2G Auto adapter plate smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Garrett Logan

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 01, 2011 02:18 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Chase Ivany
Yeah I was just marveling at the engine bay myself. GORGEOUS. Also love the intake in the headlight, that's pretty snazzy

i like the radiator hoses.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 02, 2011 07:40 pm UTC

So besides an all new engine, trans setup, I'm also redoing the whole chassis. Out with the 8.5 NHRA certified cage and in with the new 25.4 certified chassis. This is going to be alot of fabrication cause I'm going to do it in the car using what I can from the exsisting cage.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Eric Priddle

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 03, 2011 07:43 pm UTC

Good stuff! I couldn't be happier with my auto, I haven't broken any drivetrain parts yet this season!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 03, 2011 08:43 pm UTC

Thanks I was down with the English Racing crew in Portland last weekend and after watching there car go I'm super pumped to get this thing on the go.
Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 04, 2011 01:06 pm UTC

I think we are ALL pretty pumped to see this smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 10, 2011 05:26 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ziggy Dietrich, RTM Racing
I think we are ALL pretty pumped to see this smile

Thanks Ziggy smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 10, 2011 05:31 pm UTC

More parts for the auto swap my Kiggly 6 bolt SFI flex plate, ready to bolt up laugh

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 10, 2011 05:47 pm UTC

New Kiggly HLA to help limit the amount of oil getting pushed up to the head a common problem with these motors if turned at very high RPM.

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 15, 2011 04:25 am UTC

So just recieved my new set of Wiesco HD Pistons for my 2.0L build, going to clean them up and do a few tricks and then there ready to install

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 19, 2011 06:51 pm UTC

Most of the parts are at the machine shop for the short block and going to start the chassis part of the build on next days off smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 22, 2011 10:43 pm UTC

New rods awaiting some final machining and still need to build a jig for the bearings smile This is going to be a light weight setup as I plan to turn this motor alot higher then I have my 2.3 in the past.

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 11, 2011 11:03 pm UTC

Ron, how high do you figure you will have to turn the engine? 26 tire im guessig, what converter are you going with?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 12, 2011 05:10 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Eric Priddle
Ron, how high do you figure you will have to turn the engine? 26 tire im guessig, what converter are you going with?

Based on Jeff's car for me to trap in the 160's around 9400Rpm

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - December 09, 2011 03:24 pm UTC

Sorry guys have more parts and more updates just swampped at my new job. Will update on the Christmas break smile
Posted By: Michael Lee

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - December 09, 2011 04:30 pm UTC

Multitask! tongue

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - December 09, 2011 09:43 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Michael Lee
Multitask! tongue

Ha I wish I'm working out of town right now so its impossible but over the Christmas break lots of work will get done.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - December 22, 2011 04:41 pm UTC

Sorry for no updates just been to busy frown

But here we go smile

This is whats left of my NHRA cert'd 8.50 Chrome Moly cage smile
[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 01, 2012 02:48 am UTC

Machined a custom fitting to allow me to port water directly to the cylinder head smile

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 03, 2012 03:21 pm UTC

Even though I was sick all Christmas break still got some good work done on the car smile

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 06, 2012 09:46 pm UTC

My new JM Fab block off plate smile Thanks Jim

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Troy Waddingham

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 06, 2012 11:07 pm UTC

Great build! 9.6?!? with a full weight car! WOW

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 07, 2012 03:25 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Troy Waddingham
Great build! 9.6?!? with a full weight car! WOW

Thanks Troy I'm hoping that ET will drop atleast a second and match my MPH this year with the auto shocked

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 18, 2012 01:20 pm UTC

Enjoy your electric water pump Ron!
I miss it already frown

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 19, 2012 11:25 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Anthony Hiscock
Enjoy your electric water pump Ron!
I miss it already frown

Thanks should be home tomorrow hopefully it will be there smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 19, 2012 11:25 pm UTC

Sorry for no updates busy at work frown

Here's my new convertor, one more piece of the auto puzzel smile

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 24, 2012 03:42 am UTC

Just when I thought I had enough work ahead of me I decided to color match my cage, and change my interior color smile

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 25, 2012 06:22 pm UTC

Machining a custom fitting into my JMF water pump block off plate smile

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 27, 2012 04:42 am UTC

Alot of people have been asking me if I will be turning the car in to a full out race car this year to accomplish some of my goals? Actually I'm going to try to make the car more streetable, and instead of taking out the interior and stripping the car I'm redoing the whole interior using a 7 stage professional dying system. I'm also updating the stock fabric door panels to leather, and replacing the old grey sun roof head liners with a non sun roof headliner and dying it also smile On the mechanical side I plan on adding an idle air control motor which I have been running without for the last 4 years. This should help the car on cold starts on E85.

Some of the interior pieces
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mike Kuttschrutter

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 27, 2012 02:38 pm UTC

I really Dig this Ron.

I love this approach. A car is pointless to me unless you can drive it to the track!

Even if the car goes SLOWER somehow, Making the inside more comfy, and the addition of an IAC is awesome!

Any links on this "dying system"

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 27, 2012 10:29 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Kuttschrutter
I really Dig this Ron.

I love this approach. A car is pointless to me unless you can drive it to the track!

Even if the car goes SLOWER somehow, Making the inside more comfy, and the addition of an IAC is awesome!

Thanks I'll try to find some links for you.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 28, 2012 09:36 pm UTC

I really Dig this Ron.

All the products I used were SEM's but I went with the spray on not in the can for hopefully a better and more durable finished product.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 28, 2012 10:49 pm UTC

Is the SEM in a can single component or two component?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 28, 2012 11:01 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Andrew Trapp
Is the SEM in a can single component or two component?

No its 2 products to clean, plus a soap clean first, another primer, another color, and then a clear so 5 SEM products intotal.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 28, 2012 11:02 pm UTC

I would think I have over 10hrs in prep on my pieces before I even sprayed the primer and probably 40hrs total to the end result. Not for the timid at heart for sure.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 29, 2012 02:31 am UTC

heh, I meant the individual products, do you mix an A part and a B part together?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 29, 2012 04:29 am UTC

No they are all ready to be sprayed. smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 03, 2012 03:59 pm UTC

Modifed my JMF block off plate to accept a AN fitting via a 1/2" NPT. Milled the hole, then machined a fitting to fit and tig'd the fitting into place smile

Milling hole for press fit fitting
[Linked Image]

Fitting machined for tolerance fit in block off plate also fitting tapered to enhance flow
[Linked Image]

Fitting pressed into block of plate
[Linked Image]

Fitting Tig'd to block off plate
[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 03, 2012 04:34 pm UTC

Looks good, but the blockoff plate actually looks reasonably thick....could you not just have tapped the 1/2" NPT right into the blockoff plate?
Posted By: Kyle Guba

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 03, 2012 05:43 pm UTC

If he did that, the threads may have bottomed out against the block before it got tight enough to seal though, no?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 03, 2012 06:32 pm UTC

I have cut 1/2 NPT into oil return line flanges that were only about 5/16 thick. I just stayed a little shallow with the tap to make sure the fitting did not protrude. Also, not sure what this is blocking off, but since there is a fitting there, there is obviosly something going through.....so there COULD be an opening behind that area to accept a protruding fitting.

Maybe I would have just done it this way because I don't weld smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 04, 2012 02:02 pm UTC

I have cut 1/2 NPT into oil return line flanges that were only about 5/16 thick. I just stayed a little shallow with the tap to make sure the fitting did not protrude. Also, not sure what this is blocking off, but since there is a fitting there, there is obviosly something going through.....so there COULD be an opening behind that area to accept a protruding fitting.

Maybe I would have just done it this way because I don't weld smile

Yeah the maching part and press fitting the fitting was a little over kill, but once you weld the way you approach things changes so much. I'm just starting to weld in the last 2 years and no you don't have to compromise so much when you building things. The only reason too that I didn't just weld an AN fitting on like most people is that if the fitting head gets damaged you screwed this way you just put a new fitting in, and if I switch blocks and or head all the fittings are transferable smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 04, 2012 08:50 pm UTC

Also, not sure what this is blocking off

I think it is a blockoff for where the water pump is, to run an electric water pump. (Anthony's hint on the first page smile )

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 04, 2012 08:54 pm UTC

Also, not sure what this is blocking off

I think it is a blockoff for where the water pump is, to run an electric water pump. (Anthony's hint on the first page smile )

Correct sorry its a water pump block off plate smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 04, 2012 09:13 pm UTC

In that case, there would likely have been no problem with a fitting protruding into the cavity behind.

I guess as a tool & die maker I learned to dislike welding because it is "inaccurate" and distorts things....

No doubt, though, that it is a FAST and THOROUGH way to attach things....

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 04, 2012 09:20 pm UTC

In that case, there would likely have been no problem with a fitting protruding into the cavity behind.

I guess as a tool & die maker I learned to dislike welding because it is "inaccurate" and distorts things....

No doubt, though, that it is a FAST and THOROUGH way to attach things....

We bolted the plate down during welding as a percussion but also check the plate after smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 04, 2012 10:33 pm UTC

Looks like a nice clean job. Like I said, I guess it is just how you are used to thinking. When you are used to flatness needing to be within a thousandth or less, you tend to avoid welding.....or at least do all your machining AFTER welding and stress relieving...

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 04, 2012 11:43 pm UTC

I'm sure its kind of confusing why I have a fitting in a block off plate anyway as most guys are running hard blocked, blocks at this level. I'm trying something new and different in the hopes of keeping a 1000+hp happy and healthy on the track and street smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 07, 2012 06:56 pm UTC

Found another grey silver headliner for a non sunroof and am switching it out for my sunroof headliner in my car. I dyed the headliner black should look alot better then the old one.

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 16, 2012 04:08 am UTC

Made some more progress on the cage today almost done heres a sneak peak smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Paul Bratina

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 16, 2012 05:46 am UTC

Found another grey silver headliner for a non sunroof and am switching it out for my sunroof headliner
You bastard! smile That's what I was planning to do but it seems holeless liners are a rarity. I'll probably end up stuffing cardboard in there or some such.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 16, 2012 03:09 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Paul Bratina
Found another grey silver headliner for a non sunroof and am switching it out for my sunroof headliner
You bastard! smile That's what I was planning to do but it seems holeless liners are a rarity. I'll probably end up stuffing cardboard in there or some such.

Haha I just went in the back yard and took it out of a car I had smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 18, 2012 10:41 pm UTC

So with the 5 or 6 projects going on at the same time I thought I would post some interior teaser pics smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Troy Waddingham

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 19, 2012 12:50 am UTC

^ Did you paint/dye those interior pieces? Looks good, im planning on doing my interior black from grey.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 19, 2012 02:33 am UTC

Originally Posted by Troy Waddingham
^ Did you paint/dye those interior pieces? Looks good, im planning on doing my interior black from grey.

I went through the process earlier in the thread with some pics of the products used

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 22, 2012 07:32 pm UTC

Will you know the projects starting to get serious when the cooling system gets its own Turbo smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Chris Mckee

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 22, 2012 09:53 pm UTC

I put one of those on a road race talon one time, rather slick.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 22, 2012 11:38 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Chris Mckee
I put one of those on a road race talon one time, rather slick.

I have heard nothing but good things about them, so I'm looking forward to hooking this bad boy up. Just need to find a new radiator smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 23, 2012 12:36 pm UTC

I miss that thing. I'm sure you'll get more use out of it then I will though.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 24, 2012 03:07 am UTC

Originally Posted by Anthony Hiscock
I miss that thing. I'm sure you'll get more use out of it then I will though.

I can't wait to get every together smile I keep you posted!
Posted By: Salomon Ponte

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 24, 2012 01:13 pm UTC

Looks amazing. I'm amazed at what you've managed in a full-weight/streetable car and that you're going the 'more streetable but quicker' route.

Will we be seeing you at the Shootout with revised beast?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 24, 2012 03:26 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Salomon Ponte
Looks amazing. I'm amazed at what you've managed in a full-weight/streetable car and that you're going the 'more streetable but quicker' route.

That is my plan to make my first shootout this year smile Wish me luck, hopefully I can bring something for them American boys!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 24, 2012 03:36 pm UTC

We'll all be cheering for you!!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 24, 2012 03:53 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ron Korolak

That is my plan to make my first shootout this year smile Wish me luck, hopefully I can bring something for them American boys!

Awesome! This year is looking to possibly the best Shootout yet and with the addition of the extra day it's going to be a blast. You should get your car up on the dyno on the Friday and see what it can do. If not for the cage I bet no one will see the kind of numbers you'll be putting down coming (unless they peep under the hood).

As for bringing something - I'm sure you will. We'll all be rooting for you either way. I know a few of us are on a mission to bring some bling North of the border! Gotta keep up with last year's tremendous showing! smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 24, 2012 05:20 pm UTC

Extra day? What have I missed?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 24, 2012 05:37 pm UTC

Extra day? What have I missed?

They're doing 3 days this year. Friday at the shop, Saturday is Time Attack, Max Effort & some qualifying, and Sunday is the usual Drags with more runs than usual.

20th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout

I hope you've heard about the all-out 1G AWDAuto Beast Buschur is building for this year's Shootout! laugh

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 25, 2012 05:25 am UTC

Should be a killer time smile
Posted By: Ghislain Goudreau

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 25, 2012 12:24 pm UTC

Should defnately be.

I'm trying to get Scott Neville from Cold Lake to come over.

Ghislain

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 25, 2012 02:55 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ghislain Goudreau

Should defnately be.

I'm trying to get Scott Neville from Cold Lake to come over.

Ghislain

Really I'm going to try to get 2 or 3 guys to come down with me so anyone from the west thats interested Email me! That way I will have some help with the driving and pitting on the car.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 25, 2012 03:02 pm UTC

Where in 'Berta are you located?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 25, 2012 03:33 pm UTC

Where in 'Berta are you located?

Edmonton!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 25, 2012 03:33 pm UTC

Some people have been asking what the fittings I made are for so here is some more info and pics to clarrify that.

I'm going to be running coolant directly to my head this year so instead of just welding some AN fittings on I decieded to make something that can not only be switched to a different head but also if the AN fitting is damaged that too can be switched out smile

This is the timing belt side fitting and is a tolorance pressed in fitting
[Linked Image]

This fitting replaces the stock thermosat housing
[Linked Image]

This is the timing belt side fitting once it was pressed in the head smile
[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 25, 2012 04:35 pm UTC

Ron,

Don't want to criticize, but would it maybe have been a good idea to have some wrench flats on the pressed in fitting to hold it (eliminate the tendency to rotate) while installing the fitting that goes into it?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 25, 2012 04:45 pm UTC

Ron,

Don't want to criticize, but would it maybe have been a good idea to have some wrench flats on the pressed in fitting to hold it (eliminate the tendency to rotate) while installing the fitting that goes into it?

I agree, with you Ziggy, but his design does have the one washer & bolt (see groove on the press-fit piece) that will stop it from moving and will probably be more than adequate to the job given that he doesn't need to tighten anything on there too hard - it is aluminum after all!

He could always use a pipe-wrench if necessary, although that's a far less elegant solution and if he's going for looks too, then a pipe wrench would undoubtedly mar the surface.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 25, 2012 06:20 pm UTC

Ron,

I guess will find out I'm hoping the fit is tight enough to hold it but you might be right should be putting the motor together shortly will keep you posted smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 26, 2012 08:00 pm UTC

Ron, How about some A/C for the trip down to the shootout? laugh...

Or bust off an 8 with the A/C blasting wink

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 26, 2012 09:34 pm UTC

Ron, How about some A/C for the trip down to the shootout? laugh...

Or bust off an 8 with the A/C blasting wink

AC is long gone man rotate But don't worry my F350's AC is working just fine for the ride down smile Plus room for 3 other people

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 06, 2012 03:54 pm UTC

Here is a fixture we did up to allow us to drill out bearing for use with aluminum rods. For anyone that doesn't know you need to run a dowel in aluminum rods to keep the bearings from spinning.

Here is a stock 6 bolt rod that was machined flat
[Linked Image]

Then machined the rod out and pressed in a hardened insert for the drill to ride in
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here is the final version done and tested smile
[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 06, 2012 03:56 pm UTC

I don't know how you recognize your car as a DSM anymore. The things you are doing are just amazing, the pure awesomeness of all the machining.

Really makes me want to get a milling machine and a lathe smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 06, 2012 07:39 pm UTC

I don't know how you recognize your car as a DSM anymore. The things you are doing are just amazing, the pure awesomeness of all the machining.

Really makes me want to get a milling machine and a lathe smile

Thanks and once again thanks to Randy whos helping me with all my machining and DJ whos helping me with all my suspension and subframe mods! Without them and there knowledge Alot of this custom stuff wouldn't be happening I have had idea's for along time but not the means to make them into reality until now!
Posted By: EK

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 06, 2012 08:25 pm UTC

As always Ron, amazing work. Keep the updates coming I love watching this build

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 06, 2012 09:31 pm UTC

I think we all love watching this build. Wish you lived close by, would gladly help with the machining...

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 07, 2012 04:07 pm UTC

Ziggy start packing your sh!t your moving to Alberta smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 07, 2012 04:20 pm UTC

LOL, do you have any idea how much sh!t I would have to pack?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 07, 2012 04:26 pm UTC

Don't worry, I'll watch 'the warehouse' while you're gone wink

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 07, 2012 04:30 pm UTC

Or open a second store wink

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 07, 2012 06:35 pm UTC

I have a 26ft enclosed no problem smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 08, 2012 03:59 am UTC

Here is a tool we made to press the dowels into the Aluminum Rods

Tool and dowel
[Linked Image]

Dowel inserted into tool
[Linked Image]

Close up of dowel end of tool
[Linked Image]

knurled texture on tool
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mike Degli Angeli

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 08, 2012 04:04 am UTC

how does it work?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 08, 2012 04:07 am UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Degli Angeli
how does it work?

The bronze dowel in the pic needs to be pressed into the Aluminum rod this tool helps to do it without disorting the dowel. You insert the dowel into the tool and then tap the dowel into the rod without touching the smaller ID of the dowel which once in the rod retains the bearin from spinning!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 08, 2012 04:10 am UTC

Did you make the bronze dowel?
Anywhere I could read on what/where this needs to be done on an aluminium rod?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 08, 2012 04:30 am UTC

Did you make the bronze dowel?
Anywhere I could read on what/where this needs to be done on an aluminium rod?

No the dowels come with the rods I made the tool to press them in smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 08, 2012 02:14 pm UTC

I would have just used a socket....lol.

Wish I could put aluminum rods in my stroker....

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 09, 2012 04:31 pm UTC

So Ron.

When is your staged injection triggered? Size of injectors?
Do you always roll around on E85?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 09, 2012 06:19 pm UTC

So Ron.

When is your staged injection triggered? Size of injectors?
Do you always roll around on E85?

Running 4 160Lb primary injectors and 4 160lb secondary injectors the secondaries come in at 50% duty cycle. Yes always on E85 love the stuff.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 09, 2012 06:19 pm UTC

I would have just used a socket....lol.

Wish I could put aluminum rods in my stroker....

Pretty small socket smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 13, 2012 07:45 pm UTC

Well I pulled the plug this week and parts are ordered things should start coming together soon smile
Want to say a big thank you to everyone including Myles at ER for a Honda guy your okay smile Jeff and Lucas and Arron at ER, Tony and his dad, Corey at Brake Man, Steve at SJM, Mike at ETS, Justin at Comp, and Kevin Kiggly, Will at Supertech, Ziggy at RTM and anyone I missed!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 18, 2012 03:21 pm UTC

Moving more and more away from posting on forums and hosting my build on my FB page, if anyone wants to join please feel free.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/117172561744094/

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 22, 2012 02:58 pm UTC

Came to a depressing realization that even though I started this project way over weight compared to the guys I'm racing against that between my cage and trans I added another 200lbs on to my car frown
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 22, 2012 03:03 pm UTC

damn I don't have face, can you make the album public?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 23, 2012 04:28 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Bryan Lawrence
damn I don't have face, can you make the album public?

I'll see if I can I just use my FB account for car related stuff not personal its a good way to keep in touch with other car guys/gals!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - April 11, 2012 04:01 pm UTC

More parts arriving shortly and Ill post some more updates up soon been out of town working for the past month frown

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - April 18, 2012 12:08 am UTC

Just wanted to thank Ziggy for rushing me the last of the parts I needed to complete my motor! Thanks again for all your help and great pricing!!!!!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - April 20, 2012 04:12 am UTC

Sorry havent updated in awhile lots of work going on just been real busy got my 25.4 Cert on the weekend so cage is done smile
Posted By: Jeremy Gilbert

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - April 20, 2012 12:45 pm UTC

Sweet! I've been anxious to see more pics show up in this thread smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - April 24, 2012 04:00 am UTC

Cage is cert'd to 7.50's

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - April 24, 2012 11:13 am UTC

That's really cool! I am really impressed with your work, I have always been interested in caging my car. How much weight does the cage add to the car?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - April 25, 2012 04:29 am UTC

That's really cool! I am really impressed with your work, I have always been interested in caging my car. How much weight does the cage add to the car?

I would have to calculate it but I'm guessing 200lbs????
Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - April 25, 2012 04:33 am UTC

I wouldn't recommend it unless you don't use it much for daily. Daily means no helmet and if you were ever to crash the bars would make a nice dent in your head :S I'm sure insurance would be fun to deal with as well for having a roll cage in there. I'm just stipulating, but seems logical. Looks great on a racecar though!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - April 26, 2012 03:38 am UTC

Originally Posted by Guillaume Berton

I wouldn't recommend it unless you don't use it much for daily. Daily means no helmet and if you were ever to crash the bars would make a nice dent in your head :S I'm sure insurance would be fun to deal with as well for having a roll cage in there. I'm just stipulating, but seems logical. Looks great on a racecar though!

This is a bit extreem but a well built 10 point like I had works well for the street
Posted By: Rob Cauduro

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - April 26, 2012 03:52 am UTC

Unless your building a race car, a cage is a rediculous idea, no matter how u slice it IMO. Ron happens to have a RACE CAR he drives on the street, which is cool and ludachris at the same time.

Plan on running consistent low tens or better? Wanna gut your interior? Wanna take five times as long to get in and out of your car everytime u wanna drive and get a pack of smokes or buy weed or whatever? Build a cage in your daily driver wink

My 2 cents on the cage comments.

Nice work Ron, its coming along nicely. Carry on.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - April 26, 2012 01:00 pm UTC

I have already gutted my interior. Maybe I will look at doing this in the future!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - April 26, 2012 01:10 pm UTC

shocked really? U gutted your daily driver? Hard core
Posted By: Brian O'Day

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - April 26, 2012 05:23 pm UTC

Putting a cage in a daily driver is a bad idea. Prepare to be a big heat score.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - April 26, 2012 05:45 pm UTC

Well I am sure there is still some more I could do for it to be considered 100% gutted, but I have basically removed everything from the front seats back. My plan was to gut the front but people were steering me away from that because of issues with wet feet and the exposed metal floor, I was thinking bed liner but I am also not sure I have the space in my garage to take all the stuff out and get in and do that. When I get more space I will probably take the time to remove and potentially upgrade the seats and do bed liner in the front so I won't have to worry about wet shoes and such. Plus I keep the mat on the passenger side, I took my out of the drivers side though.

Brian I don't know if you have heard or seen my car yet but it's already pretty obvious. I don't think the cops are observant enough to spot a 6 point cage either, it pretty much follows the lines that are already in the car, unless of course they pull up beside me.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - April 27, 2012 09:11 pm UTC

I just got a whole bunch more parts and this thing is starting to come together can't wait will post shortly!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - April 27, 2012 09:50 pm UTC

Got a package from English Racing today, big thanks to them and Cory over at the BrakeMan for a wicked light wieght, zero drag setup!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - April 27, 2012 11:20 pm UTC

Those brakes are baller LOL

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - April 28, 2012 02:42 am UTC

Originally Posted by Eric Priddle
Those brakes are baller LOL

Yeah thanks Eric too bad I had to sell some kidneys to pay for them haha Need something to hold this thing on the line this year!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - April 28, 2012 08:37 pm UTC

You really don't think you could hold the car back with properly setup stock breaks and a vac pump?

I do see the weight savings and zero drag as a good advantage though.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - April 28, 2012 10:55 pm UTC

No stock brakes won't hold back a 1000hp car thats been proven even these brakes will require a vac pump to assist.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - April 28, 2012 11:56 pm UTC

I hope I haven't offended you Ron, but stock brakes hold back fast auto cars just fine. You don't sit at the line with 1000hp, you know that.

Brakes - use an electric vacuum pump in a racing application so you can stage the car consistently and also hold the brakes. Braking capacity should not be increased beyond this level as all you will do is then be able to easily hold enough torque to break transmission gears on the line.

Jesse and his brothers all run stock brake setups, and they seem to work just fine for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scSI39-SiTE

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - April 29, 2012 01:24 am UTC

Not sure how he can be on stock brakes running a 8.8?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 02, 2012 05:25 am UTC

Been out of town for the last month and a half should have updates soon. smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - September 26, 2012 01:06 pm UTC

Been among the dead all summer but its time to get this car back up and running stay tuned!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - September 27, 2012 01:49 am UTC

Good to hear you are still alive, can't wait to see the new build!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - September 27, 2012 12:29 pm UTC

I was actually hoping to see it at the shootout this year, but still look forward to seeing progress on that beautiful car!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - September 27, 2012 03:03 pm UTC

I was actually hoping to see it at the shootout this year, but still look forward to seeing progress on that beautiful car!

Yeah worked 50 nights straight kind of took the wind out of my sails frown

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - September 27, 2012 05:10 pm UTC

But hopefully replenished the wallet?
Anyways, I look forward to seeing progress on your build again!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - September 27, 2012 06:23 pm UTC

But hopefully replenished the wallet?
Anyways, I look forward to seeing progress on your build again!

Sort of before I bought a new Viper tongue

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - September 28, 2012 12:01 pm UTC

WOW, congrats! Please don't let the new toy keep you from finishing the old one!!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - September 28, 2012 02:22 pm UTC

WOW, congrats! Please don't let the new toy keep you from finishing the old one!!

Unfortuantley thats exactly whats its dones but I'm back on track and gonna pound this thing out!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 11, 2012 02:49 pm UTC

New Aluminum Rod motor smile With GSC S3's and Kiggly Race Springs!

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 11, 2012 08:49 pm UTC

Do want!!!!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 11, 2012 08:52 pm UTC

New billet chute lever smile

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 11, 2012 09:01 pm UTC

[Linked Image]

Didn't realize cars get pushed around a shop fast enough to need a chute wink

I wanna see/hear this thing running already! tongue

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 11, 2012 09:23 pm UTC

[Linked Image]

If I wasn't playing with this all summer it would be running smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gnanesh Para

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 12, 2012 02:36 am UTC

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I don't know about you guys but I think thats a valid reason. I'd have done the same
Posted By: Johnny Larmond

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 12, 2012 03:36 am UTC

[Linked Image]

This car only reminds me of
[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 12, 2012 04:14 am UTC

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Oh, I know, I've seen the posts on Facebook! I may be a little jealous on that front. That being said, I'm itching to see what the yellow beast will be capable of!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 12, 2012 11:28 am UTC

I think I will be a very happy man when I can:

a) afford a Viper

b) call my brand new Viper my "slow" car

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 12, 2012 12:50 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Jeremy Gilbert

a) afford a Viper

Actually my cheap slow car tongue haha Dam DSM's lmfao

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 12, 2012 12:59 pm UTC

a) afford a Viper

Actually my cheap slow car tongue haha Dam DSM's lmfao

rotflmao

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 12, 2012 01:01 pm UTC

Machined some reducers to reduce 1 5/8ths Chrome Moly tubing down to one 1'' for the front rad support and rear supports. The front rad support is then being held in place by aero quality quick pins as will be the front trans mount! {thumbup}

[Linked Image]

Picture of the reducer Tig'd in place on the front frame support, the stock front frame rail is still being used to just past the front subframe smile

[Linked Image]

Front rad support mounted and held in with quick pins for quick removal smile

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 13, 2012 03:56 pm UTC

Starting on the custom rear subframe and GT diff!

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 15, 2012 03:57 pm UTC

New front Brake Man setup test fit shocked

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 15, 2012 04:02 pm UTC

Is those the no drag ones?
Posted By: Pedro Suarez

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 15, 2012 05:38 pm UTC

Jesus Christ that is sexy drool

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 15, 2012 06:21 pm UTC

Is those the no drag ones?

Yes light weight low profile zero drag smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 17, 2012 02:02 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Pedro Suarez
Jesus Christ that is sexy drool

Thanks and the rears look just as good photo coming soon smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 17, 2012 02:17 pm UTC

They look awesome. I could be wrong but they are not street legal correct? or rather not recommended to be used as a everyday brake set up?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 17, 2012 02:52 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Pedro Suarez
They look awesome. I could be wrong but they are not street legal correct? or rather not recommended to be used as a everyday brake set up?

No I wouldn't daily drive or autocross the car with these brakes. The price alone was pretty high but keeping the car streetable and full interior I have to get weight any were I can to compete with guys who's cars are 2200lbs

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 17, 2012 09:00 pm UTC

CF dash? laugh

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 18, 2012 03:30 am UTC

CF dash? laugh

One hell of a project.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 23, 2012 02:26 pm UTC

CF dash? laugh

If thats an offer to build me one then the answer is YES!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 23, 2012 03:11 pm UTC

Would be an interesting project.

I can get my hands on enough fiberglass for cheap to possible take a stab at it, just need a dash, create a mold, figure out how to save weight by properly placing supports and the like...maybe slant the center portion towards the driver like a Supra for more gauge space, turn the passenger portion into something useful too...

Of course, I would only be doing this until my car is "complete". After this winter, I should just have the paint and body to finish up (which will be going to a professional shop), with a mild turbo upgrade the following winter. Other than that, we can talk in a year...if you can wait that long wink

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 23, 2012 09:34 pm UTC

Easy Andrew... Lets not get carried away tongue

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 23, 2012 11:28 pm UTC

Until I have some rugrats running around me, I need something to occupy my time smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 23, 2012 11:43 pm UTC

Until I have some rugrats running around me, I need something to occupy my time smile

I have extra smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 23, 2012 11:55 pm UTC

I'm sure I'll have more than I can handle when the wife is done school.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 24, 2012 05:35 pm UTC

Some brakets I made for rear suspension points
[Linked Image]

The start of the Chrome Moly subframe to hold the GT IRS Diff!

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 24, 2012 05:38 pm UTC

What are you doing for rear suspension? Ladder bars? 4-link?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 24, 2012 05:56 pm UTC

Hell no! As far as I'm concerned your not a true DSM once you go straight axle or no IRS smile Stock rear suspension but I'm going to make my own lower arms etc.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 24, 2012 06:01 pm UTC

Hell no! As far as I'm concerned your not a true DSM once you go straight axle or no IRS smile Stock rear suspension but I'm going to make my own lower arms etc.

Good, good. That's what I like to hear. Are you doing anything out of the ordinary with the lower arms, or just the 'standard' custom ones that I've seen here and there on Tuners/Link Forums/etc.?

Btw, when you say 'stock' rear suspension, I assume you mean stock style and that you'll be running some sort of aftermarket spring/coilover? Or, are you actually running stock springs and shocks?
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 24, 2012 06:05 pm UTC

my best guess is a coil over for the adjustability

tu great work Ron! can't wait to see a vid of your 1st qtr mile pass smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 24, 2012 06:09 pm UTC

Good, good. That's what I like to hear. Are you doing anything out of the ordinary with the lower arms, or just the 'standard' custom ones that I've seen here and there on Tuners/Link Forums/etc.?

Btw, when you say 'stock' rear suspension, I assume you mean stock style and that you'll be running some sort of aftermarket spring/coilover? Or, are you actually running stock springs and shocks?

Yeah when I'm done you could bolt either the stock arms or my arms up and I'll be running the same JIC coil overs that have been on the car! My subframe will be alot stiffer and also hold the larger and unforunately heavier GT diff. But still keeping it all mitsu baby!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 26, 2012 02:23 pm UTC

New Dry Sump cover thanks to Tony and Bob Niemczk :thumb:
[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 20, 2012 03:47 pm UTC

So got a package in the mail from Justin over at Comp Turbo and I thought my last 74mm triple ball bearing turbo was amazing, made 1000hp at 35Psi and spooled up easily on my 2.3L. Well this new turbo puts that turbo back 10 years this thing is a piece of art! Billet wheel!, Billet center section with triple ball bearings, V - bands on all connections, tap turbo drain hole! Thanks again Justin you truely out did yourself again can't wait to see what kind of power this thing is going to make smile Been running Comp Turbos since they were ITS with 100% satisfaction and zero failures and amazing performace!!!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 20, 2012 05:37 pm UTC

drool

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 20, 2012 05:42 pm UTC

I agree with Johnny, that thing is beautiful. Especially because I have never seen a brand new turbo in person.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 20, 2012 06:06 pm UTC

I agree with Johnny, that thing is beautiful. Especially because I have never seen a brand new turbo in person.

Seen lots of turbos before but none like this one I was blown away smile
Posted By: Jason Weir

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 20, 2012 07:10 pm UTC

I have never seen one that said Race Series on it. They do make such beautiful turbos att to detail shows

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 21, 2012 11:50 pm UTC

Here is a little teaser pic of the first test fit :hellyeah::hellyeah:
[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 22, 2012 12:22 am UTC

Wow does the picture by itself not do it justice for the size it is...can't wait to see you put down on the track!
Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 22, 2012 12:41 am UTC

It looks bigger than the motor itself drool Don't hurt 4g63!!! spy

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 22, 2012 12:48 am UTC

Haba haba!!!

Ok you 'berta boy. You have to make a small effort and bring your ars over the SO next year. We'll all be root'n for ya!!!

Ghislain
Posted By: Ryan Laliberte

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 22, 2012 12:58 am UTC

^^ True that. Time for the quick 16 class win to come to Canada!!!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 22, 2012 01:18 am UTC

Originally Posted by Ryan Laliberte

Has been done before; just has to happend again.

You our hope Ronnie!!!

Ghislain
Posted By: Jason Drew

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 22, 2012 02:12 am UTC

Sorry FP, you ain't got nothing on this turbo.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 22, 2012 05:16 am UTC

drool that thing is gona suck in a baby if you're not careful

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 22, 2012 02:29 pm UTC

Haba haba!!!

Ok you 'berta boy. You have to make a small effort and bring your ars over the SO next year. We'll all be root'n for ya!!!

Ghislain

Thats the plan this year to make it to the SO smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 22, 2012 02:32 pm UTC

Nothing like pressure hey! smile Thats the goal to compete with the straight up race cars, but beable to cruise around on the street smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 22, 2012 04:09 pm UTC

It looks like someone installed a fan inside of a tuba. Crazy shocked

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 22, 2012 04:25 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Eng
It looks like someone installed a fan inside of a tuba. Crazy shocked

I might steal this quote Mike!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 22, 2012 04:37 pm UTC

Thats the goal to compete with the straight up race cars, but beable to cruise around on the street smile

That is one hell of a goal. Look forward to seeing it happen smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 22, 2012 04:42 pm UTC

Thats the goal to compete with the straight up race cars, but beable to cruise around on the street smile

That is one hell of a goal. Look forward to seeing it happen smile

Thanks Ziggy! Either way driving on the street I'll still be having more fun with the car then a straight up drag car smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 22, 2012 04:48 pm UTC

It is hard enough for most of the community to even get their cars on the road, not to mention running single digits and still cruzin the streets.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 22, 2012 08:02 pm UTC

It is hard enough for most of the community to even get their cars on the road, not to mention running single digits and still cruzin the streets.

Already been single digits and 160Mph just want 8's smile Oh and have all the interior, and power widnows and head lights etc! Not a daily driver but a driver non the less.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - December 04, 2012 06:01 pm UTC

Some new lower control arms I fab'd up the other day smile

[Linked Image]

My tig welding starting to get better smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - December 04, 2012 07:11 pm UTC

You weld like a pro Ron

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - December 04, 2012 07:13 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Alex Akachinskiy
You weld like a pro Ron

Only on a bench though out of position is a total diff animal luckily I have a Friend fellow DSM'er that can weld anything smile Thanks Kris smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - December 04, 2012 07:15 pm UTC

Yeah I agree with Alex, those welds look good!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - December 04, 2012 07:21 pm UTC

Yeah I agree with Alex, those welds look good!

Thanks guys this Tig welding is tough lots going on at one time but it welds so nice and you can pretty much Tig anything smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 07, 2013 03:12 pm UTC

New Chrome Moly sub frame done and mounted in place smile

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 07, 2013 06:33 pm UTC

Jeebus that's nice!! tu

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 07, 2013 06:41 pm UTC

Jeebus that's nice!! tu

Thanks I'll take more pics when its all back together!!!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 07, 2013 09:16 pm UTC

Can you sneak in a few more pics of the viper in the background? wink

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 08, 2013 12:21 am UTC

Can you sneak in a few more pics of the viper in the background? wink

Oh you want to see the slow car hey smile Sure I'll post some up

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 08, 2013 04:23 pm UTC

My new toy! smile

[Linked Image]

Ran a ton of 11's with this car on regular street tires best being 11.6 and best mph being 128Mph!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 08, 2013 10:52 pm UTC

Life's gotta be good when you call your viper "the slow car" tongue

Just gorgeous!! smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 08, 2013 11:05 pm UTC

Life's gotta be good when you call your viper "the slow car" tongue

Just gorgeous!! smile

Sorry I should qualify that "slow, cheap" car haha

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 21, 2013 05:07 pm UTC

So I have decided to completely redo every piece of wiring in the car frown Yes I know I have a sickness haha

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 12, 2013 05:44 pm UTC

5 Stage Peterson Dry Sump Setup smile
[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 13, 2013 04:54 am UTC

What are you doing for an oil pan?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 13, 2013 03:28 pm UTC

Just make one!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 13, 2013 03:28 pm UTC

Turbo is thirsty smile
Test fitting velocity stack!
[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 13, 2013 03:30 pm UTC

Holy shoots that's huge!! Can't wait to see this beast done!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 13, 2013 03:35 pm UTC

That's no turbo. IT'S A TUBA!!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 13, 2013 03:51 pm UTC

Just make one!

Going to CAD it and get it CNC'ed or just going to go the sheet metal route?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 13, 2013 03:53 pm UTC

5 Stage Peterson Dry Sump Setup smile
[Linked Image]

Only stage 5? sissy tongue

This kit is awesome. Hard to justify the cost of this mod unless you mean business, which Im getting the idea that you do smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 13, 2013 05:12 pm UTC

^ You are just NOW getting that idea???

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 13, 2013 05:57 pm UTC

Just make one!

Nope sheet metal CNC doesn't have any benifts when it comes to an oil pan and I'm on a tight budget smile Carbon Fiber doors are eating it up smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 13, 2013 05:58 pm UTC

^ You are just NOW getting that idea???

Wait till the CNC'd head and maching intake get here smile haha Did I mention I hate this dam car frown
Posted By: Luke Decking

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 13, 2013 06:20 pm UTC

Just make one!

Nope sheet metal CNC doesn't have any benifts when it comes to an oil pan and I'm on a tight budget smile Carbon Fiber doors are eating it up smile

this is....this is a win

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 13, 2013 06:32 pm UTC

9 second car getting into the 8's on a budget...ONLY in the world of DSM's smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 13, 2013 06:40 pm UTC

Hardly a budget in terms of the way a typical dsm'er approaches their car ;P

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 14, 2013 06:13 pm UTC

Hardly a budget in terms of the way a typical dsm'er approaches their car ;P

Haha I guess thats true!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 15, 2013 04:36 am UTC

Kind of off topic with the build Ron, but what hood is that on your car? Looks kind of like and Evo 8/9 hood. Its a little aggressive for my taste, but man its nice, and I'll bet you dont have heat soak issues.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - February 16, 2013 04:09 am UTC

Originally Posted by Rob Cauduro
Kind of off topic with the build Ron, but what hood is that on your car? Looks kind of like and Evo 8/9 hood. Its a little aggressive for my taste, but man its nice, and I'll bet you dont have heat soak issues.

Thanks I hate this hood frown but it gets rid of a ton of heat which is why it's on the car smile VIS racing is who makes it

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 04, 2013 03:28 pm UTC

Some more updates smile

Ummmmm Carbon Fiber

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 04, 2013 04:01 pm UTC

Damn son, can't wait to see these things mounted!

How did you make them, use the stock door and mold from that?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 04, 2013 05:19 pm UTC

Damn son, can't wait to see these things mounted!

How did you make them, use the stock door and mold from that?

Sergio is making them not me smile they are a stock replacement the window and door hardware can all be reattached
Posted By: Jason Weir

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 04, 2013 05:50 pm UTC

That should look awesome and help with weight

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 05, 2013 03:00 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Jason Weir
That should look awesome and help with weight

Hopefully will look exactly the same but yes I'm hoping to drop 40lbs ish!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 05, 2013 03:05 pm UTC

You going with the Lexan glass?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 05, 2013 05:13 pm UTC

I would like to keep the stock glass if possible I believe its only 12lbs a side but I will check once I take a door apart! I want the door to still be power locks and windows regardless

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 13, 2013 04:42 pm UTC

Got some work done on my first exahsut manifold I've ever done smile Divided T4 with slip fit merge collector all S/S smile

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 13, 2013 05:04 pm UTC

Ziggy now carries the Avid motor mounts for 2g's in his webstore tu

Gorgeous Manifold by the way! How are you going to fit a radiator, intercooler in there? And is it touching the top of the rad support?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 13, 2013 05:33 pm UTC

Ziggy now carries the Avid motor mounts for 2g's in his webstore tu

Gorgeous Manifold by the way! How are you going to fit a radiator, intercooler in there? And is it touching the top of the rad support?

I run solid mounts smile Half rad thanks to Ziggy, and intercooler in front of rad support, and no the rad support doesn't touch when its bolted up!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 13, 2013 06:00 pm UTC

Aww ok, so deceiving of you to throw on the OE mount for test fitting tongue

Also wondering how you're going to route the exhaust.

Are you dumping out the front bumper and running a 3 or 4" to the back?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 13, 2013 07:08 pm UTC

I made my solids out of OEM mounts! Exhaust is going to be something totally different stat tuned!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 19, 2013 05:07 pm UTC

Different view smile

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 19, 2013 05:10 pm UTC

That is just insane! shocked

You're going to suck up a dog or cat running across the road with that turbo.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 19, 2013 05:23 pm UTC

Very cool!!
Posted By: Michael Lee

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 19, 2013 05:56 pm UTC

Poor squirrels and chipmunks frown

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 20, 2013 09:43 pm UTC

I will implement some kind of animal restraint system pre turbo smile
Posted By: Mike Lane

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 20, 2013 10:45 pm UTC

I would like to keep the stock glass if possible I believe its only 12lbs a side but I will check once I take a door apart! I want the door to still be power locks and windows regardless

CF hatch plus FAL polycarbonate windows is some 34 lbs wieght savings wink

Just need to still decide if I can get away with the windows in a road driven car ....

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 21, 2013 12:04 am UTC

Haha Ron, everytime you guys bring up the pet thing I think of that guy that hit a dog and it got knocked out and stuck in the license plate. Didn't find it till he got home.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 21, 2013 03:12 am UTC

What dog? Poor thing. frown

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - March 21, 2013 11:27 am UTC

Yeah he slammed on the brakes and it sounded like he hit it but when he went to find it he couldn't, got home and someone pointed out that he had a dog stuck in his bumper.
Dog was actually fine!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 16, 2013 02:00 pm UTC

Making head way again finally! smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 16, 2013 02:03 pm UTC

Still on track to be at the Shootout?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 17, 2013 02:14 pm UTC

No not this year but would like to get some serious testing done before the winter. smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 17, 2013 02:16 pm UTC

Damn...one of these years I REALLY want to SEE that beast!...and I have no plans to vacation in Alberta!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 17, 2013 02:30 pm UTC

Damn...one of these years I REALLY want to SEE that beast!...and I have no plans to vacation in Alberta!

Took the words out of my mouth...except for maybe visiting Alberta to hit the slopes in the dead of winter!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 17, 2013 08:03 pm UTC

I'm reenergized and ready to knock this thing out, have some trick parts being made and should be really cool once it starts to come together! Also thinking of a color change and suggestions smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 17, 2013 08:14 pm UTC

My go to is always orange!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I think I uhhh...got my point across laugh

And because it's awesome:

Tood Meunier's 10s Orange 1G

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 17, 2013 08:19 pm UTC

this colour combo may be overdone, but I really want to put it on my 1g.

There is an Audi R8 intown with a similar combo, looks killer,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Daren Peacock

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 17, 2013 08:54 pm UTC

I'm reenergized and ready to knock this thing out, have some trick parts being made and should be really cool once it starts to come together! Also thinking of a color change and suggestions smile

My vote is any colour other then yellow tongue

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 17, 2013 09:16 pm UTC

this colour combo may be overdone, but I really want to put it on my 1g.

There is an Audi R8 intown with a similar combo, looks killer,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Close to the color it used to be what color is that?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 17, 2013 09:16 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Daren Peacock

My vote is any colour other then yellow tongue

Then vote doesnt'count smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 17, 2013 10:46 pm UTC

Try the Fanta Chrome Blue, or on the complete opposite end of gloss, Matte Pearl White Wrap.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 17, 2013 11:43 pm UTC

NO wraps smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 17, 2013 11:50 pm UTC

a Gun metal grey would be sweet

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 17, 2013 11:51 pm UTC

Actually ya, like that rx7 that was posted above. That is a gun metal grey
Posted By: Jay Stacey

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 18, 2013 12:29 am UTC

I like the yellow.. but if you are gonna change.. go with something unique.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 18, 2013 12:31 am UTC

Originally Posted by Jay Stacey
I like the yellow.. but if you are gonna change.. go with something unique.

Something unique like "Yellow"!!!

Ghislain

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 18, 2013 12:32 am UTC

Paint it invisible.. like James Bond's car in Die Another Day. It's the only paint job that could match the awesomeness of the rest of this car.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 18, 2013 12:32 am UTC

Start molding your panels in clear plastic!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 18, 2013 07:44 am UTC

[Linked Image]

Always reminds me of
[Linked Image]
lmfao

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 18, 2013 11:09 am UTC

But dude, the horn plays La Cucaracha!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 18, 2013 12:15 pm UTC

I still vote for yellow!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 18, 2013 05:11 pm UTC

Not sure what I'll go with yet but feel like a change hmmmmm!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 20, 2013 11:33 pm UTC

Looking for a couple 97 and up auto cores too if anyone has anything laying around smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 31, 2013 01:51 pm UTC

Some pics of the manifold all Tig'd out smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 31, 2013 02:00 pm UTC

Flawless Victory! demon

Now that is some SERIOUSLY IMPRESSIVE WELDING!!!

Wow Ron! Just WOW!

So that's going to support the tuba? Or will you need braces?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 31, 2013 02:04 pm UTC

Flawless Victory! demon

Now that is some SERIOUSLY IMPRESSIVE WELDING!!!

Wow Ron! Just WOW!

So that's going to support the tuba? Or will you need braces?

Turbo is hard mounted to the frame smile And thanks my buddy Dean actually welded it not me so I have to redirect the credit for the welding part of it smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 31, 2013 02:10 pm UTC

Well, regardless who welded it, it's a work of art.

And holy sh!t it's HUGE!

Just out of curiosity, do you know how much it weighs?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 31, 2013 02:16 pm UTC

Beautiful!

At what point do you need dual wastegates? or is the second flange for something else?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 31, 2013 02:17 pm UTC

It's a twin scroll right. So dual gates is like 50+ psi.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 31, 2013 02:20 pm UTC

Holy shits! that's mad!
I will have to do some research on Twin Scroll, other than how the exhaust gasses flow through it I don't know too much.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 31, 2013 02:31 pm UTC

This is the kind of car CROWDS gather to watch a dyno run.

I wouldn't be shocked if it's into the 1000hp's.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 31, 2013 03:27 pm UTC

He hasn't even posted pictures of his FRONT-mounted dry sump setup on here yet. Just wait for that!

This build is ridiculous. I love it. laugh

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 31, 2013 03:52 pm UTC

This is the kind of car CROWDS gather to watch a dyno run.

I wouldn't be shocked if it's into the 1000hp's.

It was already around a 1000hp on the old setup smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 31, 2013 03:59 pm UTC

Fine.

I'll BE shocked if it's 1,500 HP! tongue

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 31, 2013 04:05 pm UTC

It's a twin scroll right. So dual gates is like 50+ psi.

I've only ever ran 35 Psi made around a 1000hp and you need dual gates becuase of the twin scroll as you have to keep both sides seperate until there through the turbo!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - July 31, 2013 04:05 pm UTC

Fine.

I'll BE shocked if it's 1,500 HP! tongue

I'm hoping to be up 200whp from the old setup smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 01, 2013 07:51 pm UTC

Some dry sump porn smile I blieve this is the first ever front mount 5 stage dry sump system on a 4G63 :){thumbup}

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sven Hebbard

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 01, 2013 11:15 pm UTC

i don't think the vise grips will hold all that exhaust.. better get some bolts and gaskets ron wink..

Looks good. Are you possible gonna think of coming to "race the base" in 2014 or will i have to be the only dsm there putting the mustangs,and high end cars in place.
Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 01, 2013 11:18 pm UTC

Wow!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 01, 2013 11:22 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Sven Hebbard
i don't think the vise grips will hold all that exhaust.. better get some bolts and gaskets ron wink..

Looks good. Are you possible gonna think of coming to "race the base" in 2014 or will i have to be the only dsm there putting the mustangs,and high end cars in place.

If I can find away to get the auto trans to live in od yes if not then just 1/4 mile for me I think I could do real good in the mile event smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 01, 2013 11:38 pm UTC

Did you have any difficulty getting those nuts on the exhaust studs with the new manifold? Looks tight! but DAMN it looks good.

I ran a cheap ebay tubular before I bought the FP RACE MANI, and I gotta say..the simplicity of that mani makes removal and installation a breeze.

Mind you, I'll only ever make HALF the power you're making, and I'm still a whole forged motor away from that happening lol

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 01, 2013 11:44 pm UTC

Did you have any difficulty getting those nuts on the exhaust studs with the new manifold? Looks tight! but DAMN it looks good.

I ran a cheap ebay tubular before I bought the FP RACE MANI, and I gotta say..the simplicity of that mani makes removal and installation a breeze.

Mind you, I'll only ever make HALF the power you're making, and I'm still a whole forged motor away from that happening lol

Nope everything slips right on!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 02, 2013 01:56 pm UTC

Unrelated here is a video of Viper running 10.8@133.5Mph with a corrected altitude of 3200ft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZhzez3YEVE

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 02, 2013 02:01 pm UTC

Wish my slow car was that 'slow'!

What have you done to the Viper?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 02, 2013 02:09 pm UTC

Wish my slow car was that 'slow'!

What have you done to the Viper?

Car is just exhaust and gears and a few tricks of mine smile , still running stock air box and stock papper filter!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 02, 2013 02:49 pm UTC

Shorter gear set? Different rear end ratio?

Also, when can we expect this?:

[Linked Image]
Underground Twin-Turbo Viper V10 by Kyle Tomita, on Flickr

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 02, 2013 05:55 pm UTC

Dont think I could destory my car like that its not a drag car smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 02, 2013 06:05 pm UTC

Then how about some shots of it on a road course! wink

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 02, 2013 06:38 pm UTC

Then how about some shots of it on a road course! wink

[Linked Image]

Different car but yeah I want a road race setup smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 05, 2013 09:34 pm UTC

Again asking if anyone has a 97 up auto there looking to sell?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 05, 2013 09:48 pm UTC

I found two or three out west using www.car-part.com

But they weren't cheap.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 05, 2013 09:51 pm UTC

Forgot about RTM... I think they have one:
https://www.rtmracing.com/xcart/home.php?cat=1506

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 05, 2013 10:15 pm UTC

Theirs is a 95-96

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 05, 2013 11:21 pm UTC

Just FYI Ron, if you get the matching transfer case from a 95/96 it will work. The rear ends are all the same from 95-99.

was just a thought.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 06, 2013 02:11 am UTC

Was certainly a nice thought, I didn't mean to offend. Unfortunately..

I have a 97 up transfer case with upgraded 300m output so thats not an option!

I just thought I'd save him the time of searching RTM's site.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 06, 2013 05:02 am UTC

haha, I forgot about that much. Good call, friend.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 06, 2013 01:35 pm UTC

I found two or three out west using www.car-part.com

But they weren't cheap.

I sent a local place an email thanks for the link I would like to grab a few and start doing my own experimenting

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 07, 2013 05:51 pm UTC

Hey Ron,
How is the tiging coming along? Done anything recently that you can show us?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 08, 2013 05:45 pm UTC

Hey Ron,
How is the tiging coming along? Done anything recently that you can show us?

Should get someone work I. This weekend smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 16, 2013 01:55 pm UTC

Was certainly a nice thought, I didn't mean to offend. Unfortunately..

I have a 97 up transfer case with upgraded 300m output so thats not an option!

I just thought I'd save him the time of searching RTM's site.

No offence taken man its all good!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 27, 2013 02:58 pm UTC

Figured out the Rad mounting and ordered up a badass ETS intercooler, and got the chute mount welded in things are starting to progress again!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - August 27, 2013 03:05 pm UTC

Only 353 days till the next Shootout. Plenty of time to get 'er done. smile

6" core, right?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 11, 2013 10:47 pm UTC

Couple of updates got the new intercooler from ETS and fits pretty good for them fabricating it 1700km away using only my measurements smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 11, 2013 10:52 pm UTC

Damn dude, that thing is the size of my mini fridge.

I'm guessing there will just be a straight coupler from the turbo to the intercooler; do you think you're going to have issues with engine movement? I know you've got solid mounts, and I imagine there's less movement during shifts with the slushbox, but I feel like it might not have enough give to it..

I'm quite sure you've got it covered; just curious smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 11, 2013 11:22 pm UTC

There will be a wiggens styly clamp between the to! Motor should have very little movement front to back! It dbls as a mini fridge for beer smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 11, 2013 11:46 pm UTC

Ah okay cool. Those are like vbands but with a rubber seal right?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 12, 2013 01:42 pm UTC

Ah okay cool. Those are like vbands but with a rubber seal right?

Sort of they allow more flex then a v band and are quick on and off!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 12, 2013 03:50 pm UTC

Nice image:
[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 12, 2013 04:24 pm UTC

Nice image:
[Linked Image]

Exactly Bryan!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 13, 2013 01:59 am UTC

How much boost are those things good up to?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 13, 2013 05:06 am UTC

Very nice progress Ron! tu Really enjoy looking at those pics!

That's got to be one of the biggest FMIC's on a dsm in this part of the world lol

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 13, 2013 05:08 pm UTC

Very nice progress Ron! tu Really enjoy looking at those pics!

That's got to be one of the biggest FMIC's on a dsm in this part of the world lol

Thanks its go big or go home time! Want to rep Canada at the shootout some year haha

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 13, 2013 05:08 pm UTC

I beleive 200 psi

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 22, 2013 06:30 pm UTC

So got some more progress done on the car! ETS 6"core is now mounted and ready to go, got the turbo to intercooler piping done, and the dry sump Tank mounted! Big thanks to ETS and Comp Turbo that billet turbo looks like its ready to do some serious damage!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 22, 2013 06:32 pm UTC

Looks good Ron!

I assume that gear that's coming off your cam is for the sump?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 22, 2013 06:40 pm UTC

Looks good Ron!

I assume that gear that's coming off your cam is for the sump?

Correct that well drive the oil pump, and possibly fuel pump smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 22, 2013 06:42 pm UTC

Which fuel pump is that? I haven't heard of that.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 22, 2013 06:54 pm UTC

Mechanical fuel pump!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 22, 2013 07:22 pm UTC

I see your turbo placement is super low.
Mine is somewhere inbetween yours and the stock position, and at times if I fill the oil up too far in the pan, at idle I will have a backup and burn oil.
I am guessing with the dry sump, you don't need to worry about this?

educate me smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 22, 2013 07:32 pm UTC

I see your turbo placement is super low.
Mine is somewhere inbetween yours and the stock position, and at times if I fill the oil up too far in the pan, at idle I will have a backup and burn oil.
I am guessing with the dry sump, you don't need to worry about this?

educate me smile

Yeah the plan it have the drysump pulling oil from the turbo so drainage won't be an issue!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 22, 2013 07:42 pm UTC

When we turboed saturns... Some guys used electric fuel pumps to pull the oil thru the turbo and pump it back to the valve cover.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 22, 2013 07:49 pm UTC

Not sure if a fuel pump would work or is ideal but there are special pump for that application if you need one!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 23, 2013 01:39 am UTC

Ya the fuel pump worked well. I never used it myself bu we got the idea from the supra forums.apperantly some of the first 1000hp supras were doing it. There prolly is much better pumps to use... But this was 10 years ago. I beleive the fuel pump was a stock inline pump. Maybe even from another supra.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 26, 2013 02:10 pm UTC

This board is being real glitchy follow my build on FB https://www.facebook.com/groups/117172561744094/397096667085014/?notif_t=group_comment#!/groups/117172561744094/

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 26, 2013 02:47 pm UTC

Feel free to post on the RTM forums also....we would welcome a nice build thread there...
Posted By: Luke Decking

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 26, 2013 09:30 pm UTC

Dear Ron,

Build a rocket ship already and stop making everyone else unfathomably jealous
Posted By: Terry S

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 26, 2013 09:32 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Luc dekking
Dear Ron,

Build a rocket ship already and stop making everyone else unfathomably jealous

+1

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 27, 2013 12:10 am UTC

Funny thing is... All i ever see on his facebook... Is viper viper viper!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 27, 2013 05:17 am UTC

Yeah I am with Jay, after some searching I was able to find some pictures of the yellow beast.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 27, 2013 04:27 pm UTC

That link didn't work frown that my build page on fb Rons talon page should beable to search it.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 27, 2013 04:28 pm UTC

Funny thing is... All i ever see on his facebook... Is viper viper viper!

It runs the Talon doesn't haha just saying smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 28, 2013 01:09 am UTC

Aslong as you keep refering to the viper as your slower daily driver lol.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 28, 2013 09:08 pm UTC

Aslong as you keep refering to the viper as your slower, much cheaper daily driver lol.

Fixed it for you Jay

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 28, 2013 09:36 pm UTC

Newest sponsor Carbonetics just stepped up to support my build so more cool carbon coming my way soon smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 28, 2013 09:49 pm UTC

Nice.. I have a carbonetics intake.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 29, 2013 02:03 am UTC

I have been keeping an eye on their facebook, but they don't update 1g stuff on there

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 29, 2013 02:45 am UTC

My intake is originally from a Audi.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 29, 2013 02:12 pm UTC

Some Carbon Fiber Doors smile Thanks Sergio at Carbonetics!

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 29, 2013 03:22 pm UTC

Nice!! What the weight difference?
I hear that the doors are the best weight savings.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 29, 2013 04:53 pm UTC

Nice!! What the weight difference?
I hear that the doors are the best weight savings.

I believe bare there 14 lbs, I will wiegh them once the glass and locks and such are in. My stock doors with door beams removed are around 79 lbs. I'm hoping close to 40 bls a side for 80 lbs total and still have functioning power locks and windows with glass smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 29, 2013 04:56 pm UTC

That sounds amazing!! Keep us updated really curios as to what the final weight is, 80lbs is impressive!
Posted By: Corte Beech

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 29, 2013 05:39 pm UTC

I know this maybe a stupid question, But did 2G's come with manual windows?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 29, 2013 05:49 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Corte Beech

No and I dont'think you would safe much if any with manual windows theses days anyway the motor is pretty small smile Plus I'm lazy and have a ton of cage in the way of a window crank smile
Posted By: Lance McCabe

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - October 29, 2013 07:40 pm UTC

Some 2g's did come with manual windows/locks.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 05, 2013 04:18 pm UTC

Got bored doing wiring so finished up some fab work on the weekend. Big thanks to Kris for helping me with some of the more difficult alumiunum stuff{thumbup} Pretty proud of myself I cut apart my old Moroso oil pan that was damaged and cut the sump etc out of it and made my own dry sump pan! All welding was done by myself on this part so be gentile on me haha {thumbup}

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 06, 2013 07:19 pm UTC

Got the lower intake piping welded out and the Wiggin's style clamp on and wow are these things the cats ass, positive lock, quick disconnect smile {thumbup}

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 09, 2013 05:10 pm UTC

Starting to make some progress its almost back to looking like its almost a car stage again! {thumbup} A ton of work left but def helps the motifation when you start looking at something more then a chassis!

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 09, 2013 05:28 pm UTC

Looking awesome Rob! tu Keep at it! Don't loose momentum..

I have to ask though, because every picture you have is from this angle..I'm not saying there's anything wrong with looking at such a beautiful turbo and intercooler...but how is the rest of it coming along?

Did you end up mounting your fabbed subframe?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 09, 2013 06:35 pm UTC

Looking awesome Rob! tu Keep at it! Don't loose momentum..

I have to ask though, because every picture you have is from this angle..I'm not saying there's anything wrong with looking at such a beautiful turbo and intercooler...but how is the rest of it coming along?

Did you end up mounting your fabbed subframe?

haha the subframe and new diff are in and mounted I thought I posted pics let me see what I have I can post some up!
Posted By: Corte Beech

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 10, 2013 03:26 am UTC

This is an auto right??

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 10, 2013 02:00 pm UTC

This is an auto right??

Correct frown Auto has added another 200lbs to my already heavy setup so Im'trying my best to get this thing down alittle in weight.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 10, 2013 02:04 pm UTC

Im gonna cut down on the beers before next season!! See if I can shave off 25lbs of weight reduction!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 22, 2013 03:28 pm UTC

Well got the exhaust all fab'd up and think it turned out pretty good and managed to Tig it all out myself smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 22, 2013 03:57 pm UTC

Beautiful work Ron!! Love seeing your welding updates!!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 22, 2013 07:15 pm UTC

Beautiful work Ron!! Love seeing your welding updates!!

Thanks man the day I completed my oil pan I was like dam now I can do aluminum it was like wow just opened up so many more fabrication possiblities! Starting to like the fab side as much as the car side of this project!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 23, 2013 04:15 pm UTC

Once the hood is on I think it will be pretty stealth smile

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 23, 2013 05:08 pm UTC

Until you start accumulating small animals attached to your front bumper where your turbo pulls in air.

That might attract some attention wink

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 23, 2013 06:10 pm UTC

Mmmmm

Yellow 2gb talon!

That is my dream car right there... With my wheels and CF hood.

Is it canary?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 23, 2013 06:51 pm UTC

Until you start accumulating small animals attached to your front bumper where your turbo pulls in air.

That might attract some attention wink

More worried about small children but you bring up a good point about animals too smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 23, 2013 06:52 pm UTC

Mmmmm

Yellow 2gb talon!

That is my dream car right there... With my wheels and CF hood.

Is it canary?

Its a GM yellow and won't be yellow for much longer big changes coming up smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 23, 2013 07:35 pm UTC

good...yellow belongs on porche or ferrari only! wink

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 23, 2013 07:55 pm UTC

Oh no way... Ferraris should be red.... Only red... But any fast curvy car can be yellow. First car I every helped restore was a yellow 57 chevy. I myself would go with a flat yellow with black wheels and spoiler/roof and tinted lights and windows. but only 2gb talon.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 23, 2013 08:31 pm UTC

Yellow is a slow colour.

What's next Ron?

It's looking phenomenal!!! tu

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 23, 2013 08:35 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Terry Sikora

Oh slow cars only hey smile Never know it might stay yellow, but as of now I plan for a change smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 23, 2013 08:39 pm UTC

Kidding of course! tongue

I like it. Simply because it's rare and unique. Also because I like to imagine how my car would look in other colours and make my decision for my next colour that way as well.

Not to thread jack but for the longest time I've always wanted a black '99 gsx.

Then when I bought the car (in silver, my lease favourite colour of all), I figured I might explore other options.

But in the end, if I decide on something else...I'll still always want a black '99 gsx. So why not just be done with it and go black!?!

I'll eventually start a thread on that next season.

Keep up the good work! It's entertaining! smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 23, 2013 10:21 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Terry Sikora

Oh slow cars only hey smile Never know it might stay yellow, but as of now I plan for a change smile

LOL..yep, slow Euro trash. your bad ass ride deserves better then a 'bumble bee' theme.

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 23, 2013 10:59 pm UTC

Hey... I like what I like!

Id say keep it yellow but get a CF hood. Your hood is cool but the CF takes away from all the yellow.

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 24, 2013 02:17 pm UTC

Still looking for auto AWD trans guys need a couple spares smile Don't want to drive 40hrs to the shootout with one trans!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 24, 2013 02:41 pm UTC

Test fitting aluminum exhaust to make sure it clears the custome aluminum trans brace smile And yes that is an aluminum rod off a 600 cubic inch chev smile

[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 24, 2013 03:49 pm UTC

T Case brace not trans smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 24, 2013 04:47 pm UTC

Haha, very creative!

Where does the aluminum portion of the exhaust begin? Just behind the turbo?

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 24, 2013 04:51 pm UTC

Haha, very creative!

Where does the aluminum portion of the exhaust begin? Just behind the turbo?

After the downpipe yes!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 24, 2013 07:03 pm UTC

Yeah definitely creative, looks cool!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 24, 2013 08:54 pm UTC

Yeah definitely creative, looks cool!

Worst is no one well ever see it on the car but oh well I think it turned out good smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 25, 2013 12:06 pm UTC

You can bet that when any of us see the car that we will be crawling under to check it out!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 25, 2013 02:14 pm UTC

You can bet that when any of us see the car that we will be crawling under to check it out!

HAHA LMFAO awesome

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 25, 2013 02:24 pm UTC

Still looking for auto AWD trans guys need a couple spares smile Don't want to drive 40hrs to the shootout with one trans!

Rent a uhaul trailer and put a hitch behind the viper. It should have enough power to haul your dsm around!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - November 25, 2013 05:44 pm UTC

I have my carbon fiber hood, and old intercooler up for sale as well as my Weldon 2345 fuel pump and fuel pump controller!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 04, 2014 06:54 pm UTC

Was looking at the chute lever that came with my chute and decided to change it up alittle smile

[Linked Image]
Think this one looks a lot nicer smile
[Linked Image]

Then while I was at it thought I might as well make a new detachable chute mount and light weight chute holder

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 04, 2014 09:23 pm UTC

Driving down the 401, your friend in the passenger seat says "hey what's this lever do?" and before you can stop them...

Yes, detachable is good smile

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 04, 2014 09:43 pm UTC

I think they would be to busy holding the f@ck on to pull the handle haha Jeremy!

Re: Revolution 2011 Build, 8's and Street Driven 2G - January 19, 2014 07:29 pm UTC

Cut up my old drive shaft loop and am going to make it a one piece and mount it right to the chassis smile

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Club DSM Canada