CSCS July 20th

Posted By: Deep Mann

CSCS July 20th - July 18, 2014 12:34 am UTC

Any of you guys making it down ? I'm going with a bunch of buddies.
Posted By: Nick Gallo

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 18, 2014 12:37 am UTC

Yup I'll be there
Posted By: Terry S

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 18, 2014 12:54 am UTC

Looks like I'll be there too
Posted By: Stephan Tanchak

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 18, 2014 01:11 am UTC

I think I'll come out.
Posted By: Reza Mirza

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 18, 2014 08:42 pm UTC

I'll be there spectating smile Never again will I compete in a CSCS event. They take your money, then screw you over after you tech by running the 1/8th mile only.
Posted By: Deep Mann

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 18, 2014 09:17 pm UTC

F*ck is it 1/8 again this year ? I thought it was always because of rain lol

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 18, 2014 10:32 pm UTC

I'm gonna try my luck in the show and shine... Swing by and give a brother some props wink

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 18, 2014 11:02 pm UTC

I'll be leaving my place at 8am if anyone wants to tag along,
Posted By: Kyle Dolson

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 19, 2014 12:08 am UTC

I'll be there. I was hoping to do 1/4 mile, but if it's 1/8... Screw that!

Terry I'll def. stop by and pump your tires grin
Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 19, 2014 12:09 am UTC

nooo!....i am way too far away
Posted By: Roman Cullen

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 19, 2014 12:23 am UTC

I'll be going with a few people tu

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 19, 2014 12:48 am UTC

Originally Posted by Kyle Dolson

Terry I'll def. stop by and pump your tires grin

Spyder pride drool

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 19, 2014 12:49 am UTC

If it's not raining count me in.

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 19, 2014 12:54 am UTC

Bolloks

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 21, 2014 03:59 pm UTC

I was there yesterday and as suspected they only ran the 1/8th mile. No rain, 25 degrees celcius and a perfect down wind. Seems like a real waste of time for the guys who come all prepared to run the full 1/4 mile.

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 21, 2014 04:04 pm UTC

They started off the day with 1/4 mile then quickly switched, Tanchak got a few 1/4 mile passes in. Good times
Posted By: Lucian Marta

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 21, 2014 04:38 pm UTC

As soon as the announced stated that they're going from 1/4 to 1/8th I got up and walked away. What a waste of time. After a couple hours of sunshine their excuse was "there's water on the upper end of the track so we are only doing 1/8th"

Guys banging their v8 drift cars sideways through corners at higher speeds than those fart can civics trap in the 1/4 don't seem to be too affected by the water - I mean beautiful sunny summer day.

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 21, 2014 04:57 pm UTC

CSCS is starting to suck, they always find an excuse to run the 1/8th. I hope their next few events are flop. This one was boring enough that I probably won't even bother going to the next one.

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 21, 2014 05:47 pm UTC

It made NO sense at all why they went to an 1/8th mile. It was a 1/4 when it just finished spitting some rain, then when the clouds cleared, they made it 1/8th mile.
Posted By: Kyle Dolson

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 21, 2014 06:05 pm UTC

This was the first CSCS I've been to.

First thing I noticed was the astronomical amount of civic and integras. 1/8 mile was cheeeeeese.
Time attack was hella sweet!

The only DSMs I saw were spyders! There was mine, a red one parked right at front gates, saw Terry's in the show and shine, there was another black one doing the 1/8 mile. And I was told Stephan and his purple spyder was there but I didn't catch him.

Oh and I parked beside a 1ga that was the only other dsm I saw.

Overall it was decent. I honestly liked the country cruise to and from there more than the event I think.

Annnnnnd Terry how'd to do with the show and shine??

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 21, 2014 08:48 pm UTC

Annnnnnd Terry how'd to do with the show and shine??

Not well at all, apparently clean modded cars don't win show and shine awards. My Professional Mitsubishi judge started off by saying he knows ALOT about the diamond star family....FALSE! he was only interested in when my meth kicked in confused he followed by saying he is building a Paul Walker tribute car as if he would win my praise, I almost (against my better judgment) let the word 'Rice' spill out of my mouth right after he said it. so needless to say I knew right from that point I wasn't going to score high points.

The first place and oddly the only place in the mitsu category (every other category had 1st, 2nd) went to a black non turbo Lancer with a basic skirt kit, Canadian tire special rims and a bunch of stickers...go fackin figure.

CSCS show and shine = clean, modded and 'Tasteful' cars need not apply, I think next time I'll just screw around banging gears against unnecessarily loud Hondas.

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 21, 2014 09:11 pm UTC

Can't wait till I start smoking those trailered Honda's.

At least I can't bug you for your car being liked by a F&F guy.
Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 21, 2014 11:21 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Terry Sikora

The first place and oddly the only place in the mitsu category (every other category had 1st, 2nd) went to a black non turbo Lancer with a basic skirt kit, Canadian tire special rims and a bunch of stickers...go fackin figure.

CSCS show and shine = clean, modded and 'Tasteful' cars need not apply, I think next time I'll just screw around banging gears against unnecessarily loud Hondas.

I should go..I have stickers! I'll win laugh Now only have to get her back on the road. 6/49 comon! Need to impress the yo-bro community! tongue

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 21, 2014 11:24 pm UTC

You'll have to make it into a non turbo and get a 5" exhaust tip if you want a better chance though.
Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 21, 2014 11:27 pm UTC

That's easy, all I have to do put a double exhaust (since non-turbos do that) and just not connect it. It's already shaven, so no sign of GSX anywhere and I still have my old bodykit! Buy a fake turbo sound thing-a-ma-bob that bolts on the exhaust tip and they won't even want look in the engine bay. It's in the bag tongue

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 05:16 am UTC

Oh and I parked beside a 1ga that was the only other dsm I saw.

That was me tongue but usually this cscs event at Cayuga is always mediocre. The last cscs that's held at Cayuga is pretty massive since everyone comes out but I've learned never to pay to run my car at an event like this. Friday nights at Cayuga are always the best to do so.

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 05:20 am UTC

That was you? I saw a bunch of guys standing around those two DSM's but never identified anyone as someone I knew.
Posted By: Nick Gallo

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 05:31 am UTC

I was there too! Didn't bring the Eclipse though, would have been the only hard top GSX there after seeing all the spyders.

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 05:33 am UTC

Lol. There were indeed a bunch of spyders. Nearly every DSM!

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 05:36 am UTC

Originally Posted by Stephan Tanchak
That was you? I saw a bunch of guys standing around those two DSM's but never identified anyone as someone I knew.

Ha. Yeah, came with some people I knew and also the guy you sold the clutch line and fuel line to tu I didn't even see your car there. Would of looked for you/texted if I had seen it.

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 05:41 am UTC

Haha. I could have sworn that was him. Remembered his hair but didnt see his car so thought it probably wasn't him.

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 05:48 am UTC

Lmao yes, the hair can not be missed. Even cops sh!t talked him about it when I got pulled over and he was with me. His audi was parked facing the other way of us behind the spider though but there was one spider on a dealer plate that I passed on a side road catching up to my buds s2000. Anyone's?

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 05:50 am UTC

That would be Deep. lol
Posted By: Jeremy Gilbert

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 05:56 am UTC

It made NO sense at all why they went to an 1/8th mile. It was a 1/4 when it just finished spitting some rain, then when the clouds cleared, they made it 1/8th mile.

They kept having trouble with the one timer. I think they decided to go to 1/8th and try to pass it off as bad weather instead of fixing it and/or admitting that they were going to 1/8th because it was broken.

Either way, I didn't bother watching any 1/8th mile. Things started off well... I enjoyed my time there but was not too unhappy about having to leave at 1:30.

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 06:04 am UTC

Ah, that would make more sense. Still shitty though. There was a chance I could have done a decent 1/4 mile still with a bit on on site modding.

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 06:26 am UTC

For sure...you only ended up with what, 3 runs? 4 maybe?

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 06:28 am UTC

3 runs. Was going to wire in NLTS, bleed some air from the front tires and stiffen the rear suspension for the 4th pass. Would have helped a LOT as I am used to NLTS as you can hear from my videos.
Posted By: Mike Degli Angeli

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 12:27 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Jeremy Gilbert

They kept having trouble with the one timer. I think they decided to go to 1/8th and try to pass it off as bad weather instead of fixing it and/or admitting that they were going to 1/8th because it was broken.

Either way, I didn't bother watching any 1/8th mile. Things started off well... I enjoyed my time there but was not too unhappy about having to leave at 1:30.

So then you have TMP to blame not CSCS for running the 1/8th....

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 12:35 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Degli Angeli

TMP never does ONLY the 1/8th mile on a perfectly fine 25 degree summer day, I am guessing you weren't there Mike?

CSCS is garbage now. 3 times in a row they only run the 1/8 mile when the track is dry. Slowly CSCS is turning into a rice fest retarded event. I'll be going to the track on regular test n tune days only.

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 12:40 pm UTC

I didn't blame anybody about the 1/8th mile; just mentioned my observations smile

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 12:50 pm UTC

I was there Reza. We were pitted right behind the grandstands for the drag strip so I did see a lot of the drag racing. Was there for the time attack and helping a couple friends out that were racing.

CSCS drag is garbage. CSCS show and/shine garbage. I'm really enjoying the time attack competition though. I'll keep going for the time attack and use the drag grandstands as shade for pitting:)

CSCS is competition not a track day. I heard people complaining about the amount of track time they got. If you're not interested in competing then go to a test and tune or an open lapping day. Much better value for your money. If you want the thrill of competing then CSCS offers that for the sport compact car.

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 01:50 pm UTC

I noticed no real fast cars even come out anymore to CSCS. My wife even thought it was gay shuffle

CSCS is for the new generation of fast n furious kiddies!
Posted By: Eric Lang

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 02:23 pm UTC

I haven`t attended a CSCS event in 3 years. I am not surprised to hear about the 1/8th mile reduction.

After the NOPI/NDRA series in the US shut down, import drag racing has gone downhill.

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 02:26 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Reza Mirza
I noticed no real fast cars even come out anymore to CSCS. My wife even thought it was gay shuffle

That statement is true for drag cars but the time attack competition is becoming real competitive and fast.

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 02:34 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Reza Mirza

That statement is true for drag cars but the time attack competition is becoming real competitive and fast.

the crowds were definately over on that side....

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 04:04 pm UTC

I will just leave this here...

[Linked Image]

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 04:11 pm UTC

We saw that and I bet he won a prize for it.
That pic is what CSCS is all about now lol

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 04:32 pm UTC

Yeah he probably did! To them we are "haterz" though... lol

I saw your Evo driving around yesterday just as I was leaving, your wife was driving it solo. Not sure where you were though or I would've said hi tongue

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 09:10 pm UTC

Probably trying to hide the drag racing as all those loud and slow Honda's are feeling embarrassed.

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 09:14 pm UTC

Heres a side view of the abomination

[Linked Image]

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 09:17 pm UTC

But dude. His trunk is rusted.

That means he's cool.

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 09:17 pm UTC

AND it's next to a Ford (butt) probe. LOL

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 22, 2014 09:26 pm UTC

The broad driving this car tossed a hay bail over the concrete and it took out an unsuspecting spectator.

[Linked Image]

This is the kind of crap that actually won.

[Linked Image]

Wheres Laliberte whens there's so much purple tongue

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: CSCS July 20th - July 23, 2014 03:11 am UTC

That car show looks like a giant waste of time.

Unless you're looking for a tummy ache from laughing so hard..

But then something tells me you might end up getting shot or stabbed.

So many gangstarrrrs in tdot.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada