I'm back - and it's a purple nurple

Posted By: Tashko Sarakinov

I'm back - and it's a purple nurple - June 14, 2017 02:10 am UTC

Hey gang,
Finally, I got around to buying a replacement Talon for my trusty 1ga. Actually I should just call it rusty 1Ga at this point.
I think the official O.O.D is 428,000.
The chassis was too far gone for any saving and I am currently stripping all my go-fast/reliability bits before it goes to the crusher.

The new car is much the same except Purple instead of Vintage Driftwood. I shipped it over from Alberta. No rust, all original 1Ga built in June 1991. 145k on it.
Anyone know when the last 1Ga was built?

Hopefully I'll be back on the board more and maybe make a meet.
I'll post some pics soon in the picture thread...I assume it's still going!

Posted By: Ghislain Goudreau

Re: I'm back - and it's a purple nurple - June 14, 2017 03:33 am UTC

Well that is good news.

Welcome back!!!

Ghislain
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: I'm back - and it's a purple nurple - June 14, 2017 09:06 am UTC

Fantastic to hear Tashko!! Was a pleasure meeting you a while back, would be great to meet up again!!

Still love your hood idea, just want to figure out if I can make it look like the original.
Posted By: Isaque Nunes

Re: I'm back - and it's a purple nurple - June 14, 2017 11:18 am UTC

Nice Tashko... I think I saw that one on Auto Trader!
Good to have another Original member back in it!
Cheers
Posted By: Mike Lane

Re: I'm back - and it's a purple nurple - June 14, 2017 05:21 pm UTC

Wicked news man! Welcome back
Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Re: I'm back - and it's a purple nurple - June 14, 2017 10:13 pm UTC

welcome back, can't wait to see it. Keep it stock at least for a bit before all the fast goodies go in there tongue

Re: I'm back - and it's a purple nurple - June 15, 2017 02:53 am UTC

Originally Posted by Bryan Lawrence
Fantastic to hear Tashko!! Was a pleasure meeting you a while back, would be great to meet up again!!

Still love your hood idea, just want to figure out if I can make it look like the original.

[Linked Image]

It was ghetto but saved 17lbs! You could make a die using 2x4s shaved to the curve then lower a car with a 195-65-40 wheel and voila, formed curve...j/k but that would be fun and super DIY.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Re: I'm back - and it's a purple nurple - June 15, 2017 03:32 am UTC

Originally Posted by Alex Akachinskiy
welcome back, can't wait to see it. Keep it stock at least for a bit before all the fast goodies go in there tongue

That was my intent but I quickly remembered why I started changing things!

ABS=crap
Pulling the ABS module out requires non-ABS lines and proportioning valve. I haven't done it yet.

Single Piston Calipers=how the hell did this pass safety!
Have the parts from the old car, will transplant this weekend. I can't handle shite brakes!

1ga MAF vs. 2G MAF w/walbro
I'm going to have to do it...just not enough ooomphf right now! Quick little bump in power.

Crazy thing is I still have my palm pilot with Pocket Logger and 1g cable! And, it works...sorta...the backlight died on the palm.
Posted By: Lucian Marta

Re: I'm back - and it's a purple nurple - June 15, 2017 12:31 pm UTC

Your new 1G is really nice smile

Re: I'm back - and it's a purple nurple - September 07, 2017 03:18 am UTC

Well, I've been daily driving the Nurple for a few weeks now. It's really interesting how much love it's been getting.
Every couple of days somebody is giving me the thumbs up. Lots of Subaru drivers actually.
I was having breakfast in Flesherton and one of the young staff went outside to check it out. I told him it was mine and he said he'd always wanted one - something about a 50 cent song referencing a Talon. :shrug:
I always enjoy driving it, even if it's slow as sludge stock, but all the love is really nice.

BTW, brakes are now 2-piston and first Autoslalom has been completed. Slowly it will become as it should be smile
© 2024 Club DSM Canada