RallySputnik updates 2018

Posted By: Derek Vincent

RallySputnik updates 2018 - May 29, 2018 07:26 pm UTC

Ok so I am sure most of you do not follow us on the facepage but we had an interesting time recently... November 2016 just after our last race of season our engine ate itself... so it went off to Reza for a rebuild and we only managed one race in 2017 but it was a good one... So tee up our first of 2018 and you can read and see the picture here http://www.rallysputnik.com/2018-lanark-highlands-forest-rally-sputnik-shorts/...

Warning some of these picture maybe considered graphic to this particular audience...

Anyways if you see me posting for parts later on you know why...

D.
Posted By: Salomon Ponte

Re: RallySputnik updates 2018 - May 30, 2018 04:51 am UTC

Ouch, how did that one feel on the landing? Glad you guys made it out alright, even if it was an incredibly short race!

Re: RallySputnik updates 2018 - May 30, 2018 10:52 am UTC

Surprisingly enough with the new DMS suspension in the car it was not as bad as expected... it was a hard unexpected landing and the I think video make it look worse as the camera moved alot but we thought we had a flat when we stopped...

Re: RallySputnik updates 2018 - May 31, 2018 02:20 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Derek Vincent
Surprisingly enough with the new DMS suspension in the car it was not as bad as expected... it was a hard unexpected landing and the I think video make it look worse as the camera moved alot but we thought we had a flat when we stopped...

That's not too bad.

Related question - why the switch to DMS? You were running HotBits until now, yes?

Re: RallySputnik updates 2018 - May 31, 2018 06:33 pm UTC

No we were running K-Sport gravels... we were constantly bottoming out the rears and killing tires and rims...

Someone had a DMS set they bought and never used years ago they gave us cheap.... Can say the difference is incredible...

D.
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: RallySputnik updates 2018 - May 31, 2018 06:55 pm UTC

What did you guys do with the ksports

Re: RallySputnik updates 2018 - May 31, 2018 10:24 pm UTC

Kept them as spares...
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: RallySputnik updates 2018 - June 01, 2018 08:14 pm UTC

Ah cool, I may be interested if you change your mind

Re: RallySputnik updates 2018 - June 01, 2018 09:22 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Derek Vincent
No we were running K-Sport gravels... we were constantly bottoming out the rears and killing tires and rims...

Someone had a DMS set they bought and never used years ago they gave us cheap.... Can say the difference is incredible...

D.

Interesting. I can see why'd you make the change then. Glad to hear it's working well. Surprised you stuck with the k-sports as long as you did, to be honest!
© 2024 Club DSM Canada