35psi on stock internals!!!!

Posted By: Jay Stacey

35psi on stock internals!!!! - October 24, 2020 01:11 am UTC

So I've prided myself in sticking with a "from factory" theme. And with a few bolt ons, including a hx35 and 1300cc injectors. I am pushing 35psi on my stock internals. Several runs down the 1/4 with no I'll effects., no knock at all.

It's all in the tune!!

My only problem right now is the fact that my old potenza s04 tires just can't take the power and hooking in 1st gear, is non exsistant.

I'm at a conundrum.. Cause I've always wanted to stay full street legal. I am full weight, full exhaust, including cat.

But I fear I need slicks to get this car to make any good 1/4 mile slips.

Drag radials will just snap my stock drivetrain (which I rebiult my self.)
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: 35psi on stock internals!!!! - October 25, 2020 02:14 am UTC

What's your mph?
Posted By: Lucian Marta

Re: 35psi on stock internals!!!! - October 25, 2020 01:33 pm UTC

Full weight and street tires is what’s gonna make the journey from here a lot harder and more expensive. Something gonna have to give. Lighten it up a bit, and get a set of dedicated bias ply slicks on lightweight 15’s or 16’s. It will make a difference.

Not saying you can’t go faster on a street tire or full weight, you definitely can. But you’ll be putting more stress on stuff.

Do some old school hot rodding and see what weight you can shave. I was able to take over 200lbs out of my Evo while having even more creature comforts than the car came with stock. Weight that you’ll never see or never miss. You just have to get creative.

Re: 35psi on stock internals!!!! - October 26, 2020 10:25 am UTC

I can hit 121-125mph.

At cayuga last week.. I was touching 125 alot.. But with spinning threw 1st gear.

I removed 100 lbs over the last winter. But have got a good run this year.because of my tires
Posted By: Taylor Van Woert

Re: 35psi on stock internals!!!! - November 08, 2020 01:46 am UTC

Whats the turbo setup here? BEP housing on the HX35? External on manifold or o2? Cams? Cool to see this done on a stock bottom end!

Re: 35psi on stock internals!!!! - November 08, 2020 02:06 am UTC

Turbo is hx35, 7blade 12cm stock housing.
6bolt block, 7bolt head stock internals.
Evo3 intake manifold
Arp studs
Turbonetics cast t3 manifold.
Xspower 38mm wastegate on #1 manifold runner.
264/272 hks cams.
1350 fic injectors
Jayracing 355lph intank pump.
Blitz bov
94pump and meth(10gph nozzle)
Full weight
4"aliminum exhaust, with working catalytic convertor for the polorbears.

10.8afrs
13° timing

To update my issues..

I found out that at my diy meth failsafe was keeping the car in "my custom limp mode" map till 30mph. Which meant... The car stayed at 5° timing till 30mph and then jumped to 13° like a shot of nitrous. Causing my wheel spin in 1st gear.

Also... My tranny was barely holding onto the block with 4 loose bolts. Lol.
Posted By: Taylor Van Woert

Re: 35psi on stock internals!!!! - November 08, 2020 02:58 pm UTC

Cool, thanks for the specs.

What does the HX35 spool up like and at what RPM is that 38mm gate opening up?

Whatcha using for Engine management?

Re: 35psi on stock internals!!!! - November 09, 2020 10:57 am UTC

In a 3rd gear pull.. I'm at 30 psi by 4300 rpms. It's no ball bearing turbo.. But it's still very fun.

I'm on dsmlink SD
Posted By: toddmeunier

Re: 35psi on stock internals!!!! - January 08, 2021 10:46 am UTC

Went down this path 12 years ago. I favored timing at 21 degrees with 39psi and a frack load of meth (two M15 nozzles I believe). I liked timing but others at the time were low teens with bigger turbos. I was on a 0.82 35R. Key for me was a fresh prepped deck with an OEM head gasket, OEM 90 style head bolts over torqued to around 125 ftlbs. Let your driving do the rest.

Re: 35psi on stock internals!!!! - January 08, 2021 08:48 pm UTC

Ya I can't get my timing above 16° start to se a bit of knock. I could use more meth.

The cars was running really well. In the big end at the end of the season last year, just 1st gear sucked so I couldn't push it any harder.

Oem head gasket and arp studs.
Posted By: kent Hennigar

Re: 35psi on stock internals!!!! - July 09, 2021 11:17 am UTC

Jay I would run more meth with a bigger nozzle.

Are you spraying 50/50 % Meth/water

I personally run 90/10 % Meth/water and if the intake temps climb during pulls I add more water to the mix when I am tuning a car.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada