Posted By: Ryan Laliberte

Re: I f#c&ing hate snap rings!! - August 13, 2011 01:43 am UTC

rotflmao
Posted By: Tyler Minshall

Re: I f#c&ing hate snap rings!! - August 13, 2011 02:39 am UTC

LOL it's on now, you can relax tongue
Posted By: Rob Strelecki

Re: I f#c&ing hate snap rings!! - August 13, 2011 04:34 am UTC

Yep but now I have shifted my hate towards f#c&ing boost leaks!!
I think it's my ISC or something else at the TB.
The crankcase breather was leaking huge, so I added a check valve to the PCV but it still leaks a good bit. I have the compression tester but I'm a pussy - ignorance is bliss... shuffle
Posted By: Ryan Laliberte

Re: I f#c&ing hate snap rings!! - August 13, 2011 12:34 pm UTC

Funny thing is the louder my radio is, the less is wrong with my car. smile
Posted By: Mike Petro

Re: I f#c&ing hate snap rings!! - August 13, 2011 02:15 pm UTC

^^
Me too. Funny how that works. Or if a CEL comes on, I just position my hand differently on the steering wheel so I can't see it.
Posted By: Tim Sedore

Re: I f#c&ing hate snap rings!! - August 13, 2011 08:42 pm UTC

Boost leaks are a Birch! The more i search the more i find. I have had it apart a few times with stupid little things like t bars and biss.

As for the cel, figure out what it is and uncheck it in Link smile I have one for the Evap/MDP but i unplugged mine to install a gm maf.
Posted By: Mike Petro

Re: I f#c&ing hate snap rings!! - August 13, 2011 09:36 pm UTC

Well I haven't seen a CEL for awhile. The last one was the idle control system malfunction. All I have checked off is my EGR

Re: I f#c&ing hate snap rings!! - August 24, 2011 02:06 pm UTC

not to bring up the dead but i REALLY hate snap rings! Mine just blew off at 20 psi! Good thing i am recirculating or it might have shot through my CF hood. Stupid HKS and their poor design frown
Posted By: Rob Strelecki

Re: I f#c&ing hate snap rings!! - August 24, 2011 03:00 pm UTC

Holy, how the heck did it come off? Those things could hold down Chuck Norris.. Did it break or was it not all the way in? I still have a welt on my finger from putting mine in, also my pliers are bent now. Chuck norris could probably lift the car by the BOV tongue

Anyways, enough about Chuck.. I f#c&ing hate snap rings!!
Posted By: Reza Mirza

Re: I f#c&ing hate snap rings!! - August 24, 2011 08:41 pm UTC

Oh I have fun with snap rings too!. Tranny ones aren't too bad and the u joints are ok too. I had fun with the one in the front hub that holds the wheel bearing in place. I dunno, that one was a bitch to get out as there are no holes or spot to get a good grip on. I got it out with a big needle nose eventually.
Posted By: Rob Greer

Re: I f#c&ing hate snap rings!! - August 24, 2011 11:09 pm UTC

For the front wheel bearings, use a small round file to enlarge the notches in it. Then you can use the manly snap ring pliers they sell at Princess Auto!
Posted By: Luke Smith

Re: I f#c&ing hate snap rings!! - August 25, 2011 10:49 am UTC

I just got an HKS bov with my front mount and we thought we had the snap ring in all the way and first test ride up the street and it blew the bov right out. We found the snap ring and lost the O ring and had to find another one. I made sure it was really in after that. annoy

Re: I f#c&ing hate snap rings!! - August 25, 2011 12:53 pm UTC

Mine was the same with my HKS. I had it in, gave the BOV a tug to ensure it was in then went for a boot. 5 mins in it sounded like gun shot as it shot off and i missfired and set off the cel. Now I took it back to the guy that installed it and he assured me it was fine this time but now im scared to really push it smile
Posted By: Anthony Hiscock

Re: I f#c&ing hate snap rings!! - August 26, 2011 01:08 pm UTC

MHI Turbo housing snap rings, frack!!!

That and I loathe rust.
Posted By: Rob Greer

Re: I f#c&ing hate snap rings!! - August 27, 2011 01:32 am UTC

http://www.princessauto.com/worksho...6613-10-1/2-locking-snap-ring-pliers-kit

I'm telling ya! BOV and turbo snap rings too.
Posted By: Anthony Hiscock

Re: I f#c&ing hate snap rings!! - August 27, 2011 11:21 am UTC

Might have to buy that.

It took both Greg Kelly and myself to get my snap ring seated correctly on the 16G.
Posted By: Michael Zeppieri

Re: I f#c&ing hate snap rings!! - August 27, 2011 04:15 pm UTC

I was going to suggest what Rob suggested. If you're going to wrench on a car, you need to start building up a set of tools. Clamps, pullers, pickle forks, die sets, snap ring pliers, etc. are all relatively inexpensive items that don't come in the Canadian Tire xxx-piece tool kits, but they are crucial to making the job go well. One decent set of each will probably last you a lifetime if you're not a full time mechanic. But then again, DSMs have a tendency to make us pretty much full time mechanics...
Posted By: chris esquejo

Re: I f#c&ing hate snap rings!! - August 27, 2011 09:05 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Michael Zeppieri
... DSMs have a tendency to make us pretty much full time mechanics...

I swear when I bought my car I joined the DSM apprenticeship lol

Re: I f#c&ing hate snap rings!! - August 30, 2011 02:40 pm UTC

I have to agree with you there. I dont know what I have spent more on....tools or parts smile My dsm turned this computer geek into a Tourette syndrome, tool throwing backyard mechanic. I spent more time under my hood then on top of my wife this summer. smile
Posted By: Andrew Trapp

Re: I f#c&ing hate snap rings!! - August 30, 2011 04:42 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Tim Sedore
I have to agree with you there. I dont know what I have spent more on....tools or parts smile My dsm turned this computer geek into a Tourette syndrome, tool throwing backyard mechanic. I spent more time under my hood then on top of my wife this summer. smile

Strange, my DSM has had my wife on top of me more than anything...

...always nice to have somebody willing to pass you tools naughty

The second time ever I've smashed my hand to let out some frustration and anger was this summer because of my DSM.
Posted By: Salomon Ponte

Re: I f#c&ing hate snap rings!! - August 31, 2011 04:43 am UTC

Snap rings are the work of the devil. Pulling apart a tranny isn't too bad until you realize you've got a million hidden snap rings to take off!

Ughhhh....
© 2024 Club DSM Canada