By chance does anyone know this guy?

Posted By: Jeremy Clarke

By chance does anyone know this guy? - April 12, 2002 04:17 pm UTC

On Ebay he goes by the name of:
billy1977

He says he lives in Kitchener
His email is:
billy_the_great@hotmail.com

I am about to do a fairly large transaction with him and am a bit concerned. So I thought I would post on this handy-dandy good/bad guy forum.
Thanks for any info naughty
Posted By: Len Randall

Re: By chance does anyone know this guy? - April 12, 2002 05:55 pm UTC

I wouldnt do business with anyone who uses HOTMAIL accounts....
Posted By: Steve Kinnaird

Re: By chance does anyone know this guy? - April 12, 2002 05:57 pm UTC

Get a phone number and cross-reference it with the white pages. (Tell him you don't want his cell nunmber!)

Call him at a random time.. see what kind of answer you get.
Posted By: Andrew Bienhaus

Re: By chance does anyone know this guy? - April 12, 2002 06:04 pm UTC

... if you really want to be sure, enlist one of the Kitchener guys to go over and check out the product/item for you.

It's not foolproof, but at least he will have to have the product, and an address. smile

Re: By chance does anyone know this guy? - April 12, 2002 06:57 pm UTC

Thanks Steve I already thought of that though. He has yet to respond with the info.

After I cross-reference him, call him, and know where he lives by mapping him on Mapquest. If things go wrong I can hire one of the Kitchener guys to collect. *lol*

I should be okay I'm not a stupid Ebayer. I just wondered if he is known by the club. (slim chance)

I also just wanted to postwhore on your new Forum tongue tongue tongue

Oh, I just got an email from him His anme is Billy Rideout (William S.G. Rideout)
the phone number checks out too. Now I have a map to his house. I love internet laugh
Posted By: Darko Miodrag

Re: By chance does anyone know this guy? - April 12, 2002 07:31 pm UTC

My suggestion is that you send the money to one of the Kitchener guys, and have them pick up the part(s) for you.

I'd be real cautious.
Posted By: Vince Amato

Re: By chance does anyone know this guy? - April 12, 2002 09:07 pm UTC

Originally posted by Len Randall:
I wouldnt do business with anyone who uses HOTMAIL accounts....
EXACTLY! In order to get on the net you have to have a provider and every provider provides an e-mail address for it's clients. Why is this guy using a hotmail address?

I don't buy anything on the net unless I actually talk to the guy on the phone first.
Posted By: Willie Sorenson

Re: By chance does anyone know this guy? - April 13, 2002 01:01 am UTC

eBay frowns upon non-ISP accounts: hotmail, yahoo blah blah.

They will do it but you have to bust out verified credit cards - pay a refunded fee and all this other crap.

So if it is good enough for eBay it is good enough for you. Anyway your insured against fraud ($200) as a member.

Re: By chance does anyone know this guy? - April 13, 2002 02:38 am UTC

I got his number ran it through infospace and it came back as the right name. I then phoned him. I then paid his verified paypal account the amount owed. If he doesn't send I can find him.
Posted By: Chris Krawczyk

Re: By chance does anyone know this guy? - April 13, 2002 09:28 pm UTC

Acutally E-Bay will only allow you to use anonymous e-mail (hotamail, yahoo mail etc.) after you verified your real e-mail (ISP e-mail) with e-bay.

CK
Posted By: Dan Jackson

Re: By chance does anyone know this guy? - April 15, 2002 03:03 pm UTC

Shoot me an e-mail with his address and stuff if you need someone to check out the product. pimp
Posted By: Edwin Lau

Re: By chance does anyone know this guy? - April 17, 2002 04:08 pm UTC

Originally posted by Darko Miodrag:
My suggestion is that you send the money to one of the Kitchener guys, and have them pick up the part(s) for you.

I'd be real cautious.
That's a great idea, go get Dan and Mike Jackson go check things out
Posted By: Aaron Kevorkians

Re: By chance does anyone know this guy? - April 19, 2002 04:29 am UTC

Originally posted by Jon Arnett:
While you're at it, get Mike Jackson to bust out a moonwalk too. lol rotflmao

Just kidding man...but since I've been a member here I've wanted to make that joke.
rotflmao

Anyways u can always check to see if hes a good user by his User Rating In Ebay also.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada