GG - John MacPhail

Posted By: Ben Stretch

GG - John MacPhail - September 04, 2016 06:21 pm UTC

I stopped in to see John last week just to say hello. I noticed his 97 was up on blocks so I asked what he was into with it. He was doing the timing belt but said with his eye sight not being 100% these days he was having trouble getting the timing lined up. I offered to give him a hand. Took about 6 hours, of which 1 was actually work and 5 was talking about cars. John was extremely appreciative but it's really me who should thank him. The guys send me home with a nice Dejon intake, a beautiful powder coated fuel rail and belly full of Wendy's food and wouldn't take a penny for any of it. The next day I was installing a tubular manifold and I didn't have any short studs. I called John to see where to get some and he says "I have 2 right here, I'll drive them out to you right now" He drove 20 minutes out of town for no other reason but to give away 2 exhaust studs, which course he wouldn't let me buy!!

Good guy to have around I'll tell ya!!

Thanks John
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: GG - John MacPhail - September 05, 2016 03:00 am UTC

I'll give John a big plus one for the many dealings I've had with him over the years.

tu
Posted By: Steve Rode

Re: GG - John MacPhail - September 09, 2016 05:14 pm UTC

Really nice guy from my dealings...although he did steal that Black Tsi from me. LOL
Posted By: John MacPhail

Re: GG - John MacPhail - September 24, 2016 02:45 am UTC

Thanks for the good words guys Karma works.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada