Gm Synchromesh

Posted By: Courtland Huston

Gm Synchromesh - December 12, 2005 10:28 pm UTC

I know many members on this board swear by this stuff, so i went out to buy some today. I went to my local GM dealership and asked for a few bottles. Then he asks me what one I want. i guess there are numerous types of gm synchromesh. I didn't know what type so I didn't buy any. Just wondering, what type would work in my 90 tsi awd?
Posted By: Rob Strelecki

Re: Gm Synchromesh - December 12, 2005 10:36 pm UTC

I only know of one Synchromesh.

GM, AC Delco and Pennzoil all have their own bottle of the exact same fluid.

I think GM dealerships started to sell the AC Delco bottles recently, so maybe this guy has some old and new bottles on the shelf?
Posted By: marc larocque

Re: Gm Synchromesh - December 12, 2005 10:49 pm UTC

Some of the fastest guys around are running BG ss and ssII

http://www.dsmtuners.com/parts/default.php?&manufacturers_id=1
Posted By: Courtland Huston

Re: Gm Synchromesh - December 12, 2005 11:11 pm UTC

i thought there was only one too. he asked me what type of vechicle i had, what type of transmission, fwd or awd. the way he made it sound, is that there are many different types (maybe different grades?).
Posted By: Chris Bilmer

Re: Gm Synchromesh - December 12, 2005 11:42 pm UTC

Maybe he was new?

I just went to my local auto parts extra and picked up a few bottles of the AC Delco synchromesh and have shifted really nicely ever since!

Good stuff, and cheap too. Might want to put a bit of something thicker in their with it though as the stuff is pretty thin in comparison to stock.
Posted By: Ian Burnside

Re: Gm Synchromesh - December 13, 2005 01:09 am UTC

I worked at a GM dealership, and the only stuff i could find was the AC delco stuff. they have the syncromesh and another one that isnt as good.
Posted By: stu crombie

Re: Gm Synchromesh - December 13, 2005 02:31 am UTC

How is this stuff comparable to a castrol synthetic gear oil? Is it better?
Posted By: Jon Arnett

Re: Gm Synchromesh - December 13, 2005 04:05 pm UTC

I've tried both, and for the dsm trannies, it seems to be alot better than the castrol synth.
Posted By: Scotty Williams

Re: Gm Synchromesh - December 13, 2005 05:09 pm UTC

I think there's 2 different types. There's one that's 30 bucks a bottle and one that is 7-8 bucks a bottle (This is from 4 years ago, so don't quote me).
Posted By: Rob Strelecki

Re: Gm Synchromesh - December 13, 2005 05:55 pm UTC

$7-8 is the right price.
GM parts counter may try to sell it for double that - talk them down.
Posted By: Ian Burnside

Re: Gm Synchromesh - December 13, 2005 10:10 pm UTC

If remember correctly, the AC delco syncromesh was 6-8 dollars a bottle, and the other stuff (which isn't as good for some reason) is more expensive. i think it was in the 10-15 dollar range
Posted By: John Hartman

Re: Gm Synchromesh - December 20, 2005 04:39 am UTC

I for one did not like that in my tranny AT ALL!!

It hardly shifted, it was way too tight feeling and was honestly barely drivable.

just a heads up.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada