1993 Big Brake Upgrade Question

Posted By: Matt Tremblay

1993 Big Brake Upgrade Question - March 16, 2006 03:33 pm UTC

Ok my question is one I haven't seen asked before.

I have a 1992 TSI AWD 6/4 Bolt

So, Im definately going to get the 2 piston calipers.

The hole where the brake line goes into the 2 piston calipers, is it the same as the single piston calipers. I want to buy SS lines but I dont know if they are the same.

Will I have to Fab something or not is basically what im asking.
Posted By: Darren Schoff

Re: 1993 Big Brake Upgrade Question - March 16, 2006 03:58 pm UTC

No, you will not have to fab anything. It is a bolt on thing.
Posted By: Matt Tremblay

Re: 1993 Big Brake Upgrade Question - March 16, 2006 05:55 pm UTC

SWEET.

Anyone got any opinions on upgrading the rear calipers? I know I don't need it but is there a significant diffirence if you do the rears aswell?
Posted By: Jakub Kowalczyk

Re: 1993 Big Brake Upgrade Question - March 16, 2006 09:26 pm UTC

2G talons use a banjo fitting, and 1G use a straight fitting. If you wanna get newer set of calipers you can get SS lines made for 1G with a banjo fitting forn rre, they are the same price as regular, but you have to phone them to place the order.
Posted By: Daren Peacock

Re: 1993 Big Brake Upgrade Question - March 16, 2006 09:35 pm UTC

Originally posted by Jakub Kowalczyk:
2G talons use a banjo fitting, and 1G use a straight fitting. If you wanna get newer set of calipers you can get SS lines made for 1G with a banjo fitting forn rre, they are the same price as regular, but you have to phone them to place the order.
Exactly tu
Posted By: Paul Bratina

Re: 1993 Big Brake Upgrade Question - March 16, 2006 10:24 pm UTC

Anyone got any opinions on upgrading the rear calipers? I know I don't need it but is there a significant diffirence if you do the rears aswell?
The only way to upgrade the rears is to go aftermarket (or custom from other manufacturer's OEM). There's no rear equivalent of the "big brake upgrade". Some guys have upgraded the rears as well. Most report that although it does improve braking power, the difference doesn't justify the cost/trouble.
Posted By: Eric Gibeault

Re: 1993 Big Brake Upgrade Question - March 17, 2006 02:41 am UTC

Originally posted by Matt Tremblay:
Ok my question is one I haven't seen asked before.

I have a 1992 TSI AWD 6/4 Bolt

So, Im definately going to get the 2 piston calipers.

The hole where the brake line goes into the 2 piston calipers, is it the same as the single piston calipers. I want to buy SS lines but I dont know if they are the same.

Will I have to Fab something or not is basically what im asking.
Change your timing belt first! bird
© 2024 Club DSM Canada