what do you think? tire Q

Posted By: Jay Stacey

what do you think? tire Q - July 22, 2014 02:22 pm UTC

I can get a good deal on these Continental extreme DW's but they have tine stress cracks. buddy says he took them to a tire shop and they ok'd them.

what do ya think?
[Linked Image]

also is 4mm to much where for Ventus v12 evos?
Posted By: Mike Degli Angeli

Re: what do you think? tire Q - July 22, 2014 02:34 pm UTC

Stress cracks? My guess is dry rotting. Stay away.

Continental makes a great DD, quiet tire with good grip but usually a hefty price tag attached.

Posted By: chris esquejo

Re: what do you think? tire Q - July 22, 2014 07:07 pm UTC

Yes, stay away!

You don't want to drive on compromised tires
Posted By: Jason Drew

Re: what do you think? tire Q - July 23, 2014 01:53 pm UTC

Hell no, one of those cracks opening up at 120mph at the end of the track would be bad any way that you look at it.

Re: what do you think? tire Q - July 23, 2014 02:31 pm UTC

Ok

Re: what do you think? tire Q - July 23, 2014 02:34 pm UTC

Ok.. Im gonna pass. From what ive been researching these are prolly the best bang for buck tire for the street so i really wanted them. They scored 5th over all in the caranddrivers monstars of grip compatition. Ventus rs-3 coming in at 4th.

Ill be coming up this weekend looking a several sets of used affordable tires.
Nexens n5000
Continental extreme DWS
Riken zr
Potenza s-03
Fierce instink
Falken 453

What ya think.

Re: what do you think? tire Q - July 24, 2014 01:15 pm UTC

Ad BFG G force Comp2 tires to the list.
Posted By: Jeremy Gilbert

Re: what do you think? tire Q - July 24, 2014 01:20 pm UTC

I think if you're trying to find a cheap set of used tires, you should be focusing more on getting a good condition tire in an appropriate size.

When you're about to drop $1000 on a new set of tires, do your research and pick the best tire for your scenario.

Re: what do you think? tire Q - July 24, 2014 01:59 pm UTC

Theres enough used tires out there that being picky is not a problem. Being quick seems to be. Lol.. All the tires listed so far.. Are around 80% tread life in the right size I want... And some are from tires shops. Buying used tires has changed alot since kijiji came along!
Posted By: Reza Mirza

Re: what do you think? tire Q - July 24, 2014 02:42 pm UTC

I like the tread pattern on that tire. Looks similar to the Yokohama Advan A13C that came on my Evo X, which is a very sticky but expensive tire.

I used to buy used tires as well long time ago when I was on a budget. Never will I do that again. They were always hit or miss and most had balancing issues.
Posted By: Jeremy Gilbert

Re: what do you think? tire Q - July 24, 2014 03:30 pm UTC

The only time I bought used tires was when I needed 2 more months of driving on the Talon before storing it for two years... at which point I expected to have money for a new set. I, too, will never do it again.

Re: what do you think? tire Q - July 24, 2014 03:41 pm UTC

Well good for you guys.. Lal I cant afford new tires. Most of these tire shops warrent their used tires so balancing issues are not a worrie. I have the Rikens on my car now, and i really like them. Very sticky and just enough givein the rain to make them fun. I can get them for 220 80% tread and warrented if they install them for 15 a tire.

I think I may grab them.
Posted By: Reza Mirza

Re: what do you think? tire Q - July 24, 2014 04:19 pm UTC

I'd rather buy brand new cheap China brand tires for a couple more bucks than run used tires, but if you find some decent tires for a good price, go for it smile

Re: what do you think? tire Q - July 24, 2014 04:45 pm UTC

Its all hit and miss... Brand name or not. The Hurculies tires I had on the car before the Rikens SUCKed! no traction... Slipped in thecorners in dry weather. And impossable to get any good launches. Plus the sidewall ripped open before I was even close to the wearmarks! I have bought new bridstones thatI returned cause the tire shop would not install them. Said the inside wall was defective. I believe american name brands have dwindled in quality over the last 10 years in everything.. But ive been reading many reviews and nothing chinnese short of $500 a set has made any good reviews as a performance tire let alone something id take on my local tracks, or some cool windy back roads!

The tires I mentioned are proven tires, I wanna know from experiance which ones are best.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada