Car cover

Posted By: Stephan Tanchak

Car cover - October 24, 2014 09:48 pm UTC

I know I gave one away, but looking for one to throw over the 2G. Let me know what you have.

Buy, borrow, however.
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: Car cover - October 24, 2014 10:24 pm UTC

Group buy?

Re: Car cover - October 24, 2014 10:31 pm UTC

Group buy from whom?

Re: Car cover - October 24, 2014 11:00 pm UTC

Whomever can sell quantity and quality..

Re: Car cover - October 24, 2014 11:09 pm UTC

I'll have a look, but I can't think of anywhere that would sell them in bulk for less.

Any ideas?
Posted By: Jordan Kruger

Re: Car cover - October 26, 2014 04:13 pm UTC

Don't bother with a car cover. Your paint and clear coat will thank you. If it gets wet or humid, the cover will just hold moisture against the paint and ruin it. It messed up my clear coat on my first dsm, and destroyed my friends beautiful paintjob on his chevelle. Just wax the car. That's the best bet.

Re: Car cover - October 26, 2014 04:25 pm UTC

I store mine in my garage. Cover is to keep dust off it. So I am in the market.
Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Re: Car cover - October 26, 2014 05:28 pm UTC

[Linked Image]

tongue

Re: Car cover - October 26, 2014 05:42 pm UTC

Lol.

Well, hopefully it will be okay. I'll leave it uncovered then, I'll just lock it up.
Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Re: Car cover - October 26, 2014 06:06 pm UTC

I stored mine in the garage for close to 4 years. No cover other than the one I use when I put stuff on the car (as not to scratch the paint etc). No issues with either rust or anything. Just take it out when the sun is giving out it's 22deg and give it a good clean/wax. That's all she needs.

Re: Car cover - October 26, 2014 06:14 pm UTC

I don't car about the car inside the garage, but the cover idea was more for the one being stored outside.
Posted By: Rob Strelecki

Re: Car cover - October 26, 2014 07:14 pm UTC

eBay!
Posted By: Stephen Richardson

Re: Car cover - October 26, 2014 07:16 pm UTC

I barely ever use a car cover. Dust wont hurt anything.

Re: Car cover - October 26, 2014 11:27 pm UTC

A proper cover will breathe moisture out.

Dust or not. I'm still looking for a cover. My garage see's a lot of activity throughout the winter and had I had a cover on it.. I would have avoided a couple minor scratches already.

Posted By: Stephen Richardson

Re: Car cover - October 27, 2014 12:37 am UTC

Maybe.... but the beating of people who get close enough to your car to scratch will avoid those scratches much better.
Posted By: Tim Hunt

Re: Car cover - October 27, 2014 02:19 am UTC

I got Ziggy to get me a Wolf brand cover from Summit a few years ago, Wolf does a specific 2G cover as well.
I have used this cover for about 6 years with no ill affects, the key to making sure it doesn't affect the car is to keep it clean. When you remove it and you see dust on the car off to the Laundromat it goes. We also have a classic Corvette with a pricy paint job and it has spent the last 8-9 years under a wolf cover as well.
No issues with affecting paint, moisture etc.
Posted By: Daren Peacock

Re: Car cover - October 27, 2014 02:08 pm UTC

I've had my cover since I bought the car 11 years back. Its made by Covercraft. They have a number of different styles of covers, depending on your budget/use, etc. All custom fit for 2g's (have hi rise, low rise & no spoiler). Think mine is the Evolution series (garage kept).

Re: Car cover - October 27, 2014 04:44 pm UTC

Stephan, at the very least (seeing as you're convertible) maybe you can tarp it and anchor the tarp to the ground.. And try to keep too much snow from collecting on the roof.

Just an idea..

Re: Car cover - October 27, 2014 06:10 pm UTC

I thought about that, but moisture would be an issue. The spyder is going in the garage first so I can clean it up and do some stuff.

The coupe is going outside first, then late winter I'm going to swap them. The coupe is going in an entirely different way and I still need research time before I begin to tackle it.

Re: Car cover - October 27, 2014 06:32 pm UTC

How many DSMs do you have?
Posted By: Corte Beech

Re: Car cover - October 27, 2014 07:05 pm UTC

Here's my car cover. Works mint tu

[Linked Image]

Seriously my Galant is somewhere in that...
Posted By: Terry S

Re: Car cover - October 27, 2014 08:17 pm UTC

I used to store my dsm outside many moons ago, one year I decided to put a car cover on it while it sat for the winter, it ended up sprouting surface rust where there wasn't any before, I even had it Krown rust proofed before I let it sit. I wont use anything to cover my car again IF it ever has to spend another winter outdoors. just my $.02

While it sits in my heated garage is a different story tongue

Re: Car cover - October 27, 2014 09:05 pm UTC

Currently there are 3 in the family.

OK, no cover wins. Honestly, only bad thing is the salt they use on the road which won't affect the car on a driveway.
Posted By: Salomon Ponte

Re: Car cover - October 27, 2014 09:24 pm UTC

Happy medium: [Linked Image]
© 2024 Club DSM Canada