WTB: 6-Bolt Head

Posted By: Lucian Marta

WTB: 6-Bolt Head - November 02, 2017 08:05 pm UTC

Looking for a 1G 6 bolt head. 1990 snapped it's timing belt before I even got a chance to replace it or even drive it. Talk about luck shuffle

Cylinder head is definitely pooched, bent the valves to hell. Gotta pull it off and confirm if the piston is okay, might end up needing an entire block but for now hoping it's just the head.

Needs to be decent, straight and no bent valves. Please let me know what you have. It's going to end up getting refreshed anyways, but a clean head is a must for a start.
Posted By: Tim Hunt

Re: WTB: 6-Bolt Head - November 03, 2017 05:32 pm UTC

Had a 1G break a t belt on a 5k downshift, if the head is in good condition with no casting issues, valve guides are Ok you may be better off replacing valves
Posted By: Reza Mirza

Re: WTB: 6-Bolt Head - November 03, 2017 05:35 pm UTC

Hey Lucian, the head is probably fine, pull it off and bring it by and we'll completely freshen it up with new valves and any seats will be fixed if damaged. DSM valves are pretty cheap....
Posted By: Lucian Marta

Re: WTB: 6-Bolt Head - November 03, 2017 06:38 pm UTC

I was under the impression that if the timing belt goes the head is fucked... Good to know it may be salvageable! Number 1 definitely has bent valves, pulled the plug with some struggles and I can actually see the valves through the spark plug hole. Not to mention the spark plug itself is destroyed. #2 appears to have one intake valve bent as well. Rocker was almost off, and the valve sits lower than the one next to it.

I might have the head off tonight to inspect it and pulling the engine this weekend. Gonna go from there, I'll keep you guys posted.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada