Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ...

Posted By: Wes Swanson

Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 06, 2004 03:31 am UTC

Well I have been corresponding with Zeitronix and been able to get some numbers on a potential Group Buy ....

It involves their Zt-2 Wideband unit, for details and info please see the following site:

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt2/zt2.htm

Tentative Details (cdn funds):

Note: Zeitronix is willing to include a complimentary startup message on the LCD Display startup (should you order one) such as " Club DSM Canada ... go fast or go home" etc ...

10 units:
Zt-2 Bundle $250 ($300 cdn)
Zt-2 Bundle with the LCD display $360 ($430 cdn)

Accesories:
EGT Sensor $59 ($70 cdn)
Boost Sensor $130 ($170 cdn)

Let me know if you are interested
Posted By: Eric Lang

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 06, 2004 03:35 am UTC

I`d be interested in the bundle without the screen.
Posted By: Patrick Gagnon

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 06, 2004 03:39 am UTC

500$ kit for me tongue
Posted By: Jonathan Largon

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 06, 2004 04:06 am UTC

i might be interested, is that $300 a *guarenteed* price or simply a conversion estimate? Thanks.

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 06, 2004 04:21 am UTC

Its an estimated price based on today's Exchange Rate (0.84 US = 1 CDN) .... now is definately a good time to order with our dollar doing so well.
Posted By: Tim Grechin

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 06, 2004 04:28 am UTC

I've been eyeing this for quite some time. I'm not signing a dotted line yet but I'm close.
Posted By: Scharok Nieknam

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 06, 2004 07:19 am UTC

I would go w/ bundle + display w/ the EGT, the boost sensor would be nice, but cant justify the extra expense when my autometer does such a fabulous job already

does the o2 sensor simply plug into the existing o2 housing, or does a seperate hole need to be drilled in the downpipe?

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 07, 2004 08:36 am UTC

The auto meter probably does work fine, However this will allow too be monitored in graph form SO tuning will be more precise. You will have too place a bung on your downpipe witch is offered on the site for an additional $7
Posted By: Ernest Mah

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 07, 2004 04:02 pm UTC

Hey Wes, put me down for the basic ZT-2 bundle ($250 US).

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 07, 2004 05:31 pm UTC

I would recomend you drill a hole in your downpipe and add a bung for two reasons. It's a more accurate place to get a reading on your A/F ratio, and secondly, it will allow you to continue satisfying your ecu via the narrowband input while you can use the wideband for tuning ... and its also cheap (as Eric said $7)

OK ... here is our List so Far ....

1. Wes (Zt-2 + LCD)
2. Eric (Zt-2)
3. Patrick (Zt-2 + LCD + EGT)
4. Tim ? (unknown)
5. Ernest (Zt-2)
6. Scharock (Zt-2 + LCD + EGT)

Let's get a couple more guys involved here ... only need a few more to get the ball rolling ... wouldnt it be a nice christmas present to yourself?? or perhaps santa could leave it under the tree .... whatever the case may be, a wideband is an invaluable tool ...
Posted By: Chris Mckee

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 07, 2004 06:32 pm UTC

Zt-2 Bundle with the LCD display $360 ($430 cdn)
And a EGT sensor, count me in.
Posted By: Thomas Toth

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 07, 2004 07:32 pm UTC

Can we get the LCD package minus the o2 sensor? Can i use my existing one?

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 07, 2004 11:31 pm UTC

Any additional questions can be answered by zeitronix via e-mail sales@zeitronix.com

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 08, 2004 03:00 am UTC

As far as I know, as long as you have a bosch wideband sensor, you can you can use it. However, I would suggest purchasing the package because the rate we are getting is based on the afforementioned packages. I'm sure if you do order the package and do not need the extra sensor, with the amount of ppl running these things now days you will have no problem selling it.
Posted By: Nathan Welch

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 08, 2004 04:16 am UTC

I wonder about using my exisiting egt probe. I have a greddy egt and gauge already. I'll research the site, I am sure I could make a plug up or somthing. Depending on what kind of calculations this thing converts the signal from the type k with.
Posted By: Scharok Nieknam

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 08, 2004 04:50 am UTC

the place everyone recommends placing an EGT is on the manifold, 6" from the head, now if this is installed on the downpipe, wont the turbo propeller have cooled the exhaust sufficiently enough to give false readings? well, maybe not false, but inaccurate/delayed is a better word.

educate me on something guys,... if you take off the factory o2 housing and install the wideband instead, can the wires not be spliced so they go to the factory harness as well?

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 08, 2004 07:19 am UTC

Nathan- Yes it dose state on the site that you could use your existing egt probe and greddys are acceptable, If u have not read it yet

Scharok- All egt probes should be installed on the exhaust manifold. I do not recommend you install it on the downpipe. The wide band is a separate unit and you don't need too splice any wires. The wide band will simply be installed in the downpipe with a $7 bung as i had already mentioned. You will have too tap wires into the ecu for a rpm,throttle,power source (if desired) and for our convenience they have colored the wires too match the SAFC wires.
Posted By: Rob Cauduro

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 08, 2004 07:32 am UTC

I have this package and it is worth every penny. I highly recomend it to everyone!!

Zeitronix recomends you place the LSU sensor aprox 12 inches from the turbo because the LSU doesnt like seeing EGT's higher than 850 degrees celcius.

BUT......

I have a custom O2 huosing, and I relocated my O2 bung as close to the down pipe as possible when fabricating a flange for my external gate on the housing. As it sits, the LSU is aprox 7.5 inches away from the turbo right now.

SO......

I got rid of the stock O2 sensor, put the LSU sensor in its spot, and wired the "narrow band" output signal wire from the Zeitronix control unit right to my ECU. Now my ECU is happy with a "narrowband" signal and I can log wideband all at the same time from one sensor.

I never see EGT's higher than 800 degrees anyways and by the time it gets to the LSU sensor, Im sure the exhaust temps are lower.

So basicly thats how mine is installed and thats how I got away from not welding a second bung in my downpipe.

BEWARE!!! If your not using the LSU (like not tuning with it at the time), and it is in a second bung somewhere along your exhaust system, make sure you either always keep power to it if you choose to leave it in the bung, or unplug the sensor from the bung and plug the hole because the sensor will clog up and become faulty if it doesnt always have power to it.
Posted By: Tim Grechin

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 08, 2004 04:06 pm UTC

So we can place the wideband O2 sensor into the stock location and still satisfy out ECU with a narrowband signal. Well I think I'm sold then. What are the draw backs to doing this other then the cost of the wideband sensor?
Posted By: Rob Cauduro

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 08, 2004 04:54 pm UTC

Originally posted by Tim Grech:
So we can place the wideband O2 sensor into the stock location and still satisfy out ECU with a narrowband signal. Well I think I'm sold then. What are the draw backs to doing this other then the cost of the wideband sensor?
Zeitronix doesnt recomend it, and like I said, my O2 bung is on the opposite end of the O2 housing opposed to the stock location, so where you put it is your call.

There really isnt any drawbacks to this package and the price really aint that bad.
Posted By: Daren Peacock

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 08, 2004 05:51 pm UTC

What would the life span be with one of these wideband sensors? Is it still alot shorter compared to the narrow band sensors? Also would it be possible to tune a 2g without a logger & just use the wideband or is this not recommended since you wont know your fuel trims, timing etc.?

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 10, 2004 04:31 am UTC

Daren, as for the life of the sensors I would imagine that they wouldn't last as long as normal 02 sensors (which can last an awful long time) but I would imagine they would still last for quite a long period of time. Even if it only lasts 2 or 3 years, its only about $100 for a new sensor (check out their website).

As per your second question ... I would recomend you get some sort of fuel management system or better yet my PMS so that you can actually alter the fuel, timing, montior knock etc, all things that are necessary to make power. By getting an engine management system and a wideband, it will alow you to tune your car with peice of mind, cuz we all know these motors aren't cheap.

On a sidenote ... Guys -- we still need a few more participants to get this show on the road so let me know if you are interested

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 10, 2004 05:09 am UTC

The sensor could be removed every time you don't need it,like when u drive too the track or work/school you could but the cap on the bung. As long as your using unleaded fuels it should last a while.
Posted By: Scott Neville

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 19, 2004 12:16 am UTC

Any new info?

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 19, 2004 01:31 am UTC

I think we still need more buyers?

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 19, 2004 06:25 am UTC

we only need 2 more guys .... still waiting!
Posted By: Bernie Pallek

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 20, 2004 02:14 am UTC

Would units be shipped (additional cost?) or need to be picked up? Anyone in Ottawa area already in on this? All payments to Wes before GB purchase, or what?

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 20, 2004 05:05 am UTC

shipping is another 21US to your door I believe. If everyone gives me the $ and I order everything then we would save on shipping, but it would be just as easy to pay individually then have it shipped to your door.

Let us know Bernie!
Posted By: Bernie Pallek

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 20, 2004 09:15 pm UTC

I was asking for a friend, and he's decided to wait on getting other parts for his system first. I would want in on this myself, but I really can't spare the funds now, unless I get any job offers in the very near future. frown School is still first priority. bah
Posted By: Rob Greer

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 21, 2004 11:44 pm UTC

Assuming we pay Zeitronix directly and they ship direct to each of us, I'll put my name down for the Zt-2 Bundle with the LCD display.

I'd also like to order an EGT probe extension harness, 2 O2 sensor bungs, an additional O2 sensor harness, an additional Signal Harness and I might as well get the free ECU capacitors too.

Re: Zeitronix Wideband Group Buy ... - December 21, 2004 11:48 pm UTC

well ... paying directly was the initial plan ...

anyone else?
© 2024 Club DSM Canada