HID Group buy

Posted By: Murtaza Saadat

HID Group buy - January 31, 2008 12:11 am UTC

Theres an HID group buy on a local forum..
$150.00 plus tax If we get 25 people, so far we have 15. This kit normally goes for 229+taxes

This is being done by a local performance shop, so not sure if they will ship or not.

K(4000k-12000k) and any type of bulb is available.

These are the "Bimmers" kits.
This is just the Low-beam, you can go with high+low for 269.99

You can also go with the smaller digital ballasts for 30.00 more!

Posted By: Jay McClelland

Re: HID Group buy - January 31, 2008 12:34 am UTC

Is there anyway of getting the bulbs for the 1ga talons?? If so I might be interested.
Posted By: miguel barros

Re: HID Group buy - January 31, 2008 03:09 am UTC

I'de be up for a 4300K 9006 Kit.

Re: HID Group buy - January 31, 2008 04:23 am UTC

Originally Posted by Jay McClelland
Is there anyway of getting the bulbs for the 1ga talons?? If so I might be interested.

What ever the stock bulb is (9007 9006?) you can get a kit to fit it.
This is for any bulb type that you need.

Re: HID Group buy - January 31, 2008 04:30 am UTC

The only model number I can find for the 1ga's are h4666. Can anyone confirm this before I get into a group buy for the wrong bulb?

Also its a high/low beam in a single bulb would that mean I would have to pay the 269.99?

Re: HID Group buy - January 31, 2008 05:11 am UTC

I asked for you, will post back as soon as I get an answer.

Re: HID Group buy - January 31, 2008 05:40 am UTC

Thanks man.

Jay,
Posted By: Joe Esmama

Re: HID Group buy - January 31, 2008 06:52 am UTC

Originally Posted by Jay McClelland
The only model number I can find for the 1ga's are h4666. Can anyone confirm this before I get into a group buy for the wrong bulb?

Also its a high/low beam in a single bulb would that mean I would have to pay the 269.99?

Your correct. As per Sylvania Lamp Replacement.

Im also interested in this HID buy for 1gA.

Re: HID Group buy - January 31, 2008 07:05 am UTC

Alright. Now to see if we must pay more for the bulb or not. =]

Also, When is this group buy going to be complete by? any date or just when 25 people have signed up?

I might know a couple people in my area looking for some HID's too.
Posted By: Grant Redfern

Re: HID Group buy - January 31, 2008 04:33 pm UTC

please keep in mind that you might have very disappointing results if you do not change your lamps to projectors or retro-fit into projector lamps.

Re: HID Group buy - January 31, 2008 05:42 pm UTC

Got an answer, you can buy the single bulb H4 kit, you lose your high beams..

This is supposed to happen when we get 25 people togehter. On the other board there are 15 already.

And yes, projectors are the best way to go. You get best light output, and doesnt glare like stock housing. How ever, I read some posts on DSM talk and DSM tuners, saying the stock 2G housing is really good for keeping the glare down.
As well as there are cars with HIDs from factory, but no projectors...

This kit is just the bulbs and ballasts, they are plug and play with stock wiring (and housing).
Posted By: Daren Peacock

Re: HID Group buy - January 31, 2008 06:11 pm UTC

I don't recall seeing any 1g's with one of these style HID kits but if their like alot of the other halogen housings from the early 90's, they may have very poor cut off & will be very blinding to other drivers.

I'm not sure about all 2g's headlights but I can verify the 2gb eclipse housings actually have very good cutoff for a halogen housing. One of these kits & aiming your headlights abit lower, actually works very well & probably one of the best setups I have seen as far as not creating alot of glare for other drivers.

As for colour range I'd recommend 6K at the most, any higher then that & the light output is very coloured & can be annoying to you & other drivers. I personally have a 5K kit.

Re: HID Group buy - January 31, 2008 07:34 pm UTC

is there even projector housings for a 1ga???

Re: HID Group buy - January 31, 2008 07:54 pm UTC

No such thing I believe.

I do have a friend of mine that does professional HID retros on his spare time so I'm pretty sure he can build something up for the 1GA but it's not going to be cheap.

I'm in the process of getting a retro done on my 03 Grand Prix and eventually one on my Talon, but for now the pnp will do. Much better than the crap stock bulbs.
Posted By: Mike Degli Angeli

Re: HID Group buy - January 31, 2008 08:06 pm UTC

wow, the mark up is amazing. Ever wonder why there is TONs of manufactures of HID's?

Go buy it from here. right from Chine. Right from the source not a reseller. Look closely at the ballest and you'll see there all the same.

http://www.vvme.com/

I've seen these in person and have 2 sitting in my house waiting to go on.
Posted By: Mike McCallum

Re: HID Group buy - January 31, 2008 08:22 pm UTC

so much for the group buy. ahahha

150 or 50, i think we all know where to go.

Re: HID Group buy - January 31, 2008 08:32 pm UTC

How is the quality on those kits?
I know a few people running the kits in this group buy and they say they are very good..

Oh well thanks for the link, if the group buy doesnt happen I can still get really cheap HIDs laugh
Posted By: Daren Peacock

Re: HID Group buy - January 31, 2008 08:34 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Degli Angeli
wow, the mark up is amazing. Ever wonder why there is TONs of manufactures of HID's?

Go buy it from here. right from Chine. Right from the source not a reseller. Look closely at the ballest and you'll see there all the same.

http://www.vvme.com/

I've seen these in person and have 2 sitting in my house waiting to go on.

I have no idea about these, or the ones they are selling in the group buy but for other buyers be aware that not all HID kits are created equal & there can be a good range in prices for this very reason (but yes of course sometimes it is just larger larkups). Most of the manufacturers use the same external case for the ballast so they all appear the same but its on the inside where it counts. Internal components can vary widely from manufacturer to manufacturer & so can their quality. The quality of the bulbs can vary as well.

Re: HID Group buy - January 31, 2008 08:57 pm UTC

I agree with Daren. Be careful. You might be happy about spending $50 and then two days later, you'll be crying when they blow. It happen me but so I know off hand.

Re: HID Group buy - January 31, 2008 09:11 pm UTC

The kit that is in this group buy (brand is Bimmer) current people are really happy with.
People in our local club have been running them for 2+ years, and are actually buying more in this group buy for their other cars..

This could be because they are good? wink

Also to note: this isnt my group buy, im not making money off this, I am just posting here so we get our 25 people and can get them at that price..

Re: HID Group buy - February 04, 2008 06:37 pm UTC

What's going on with this group buy? Any updates?

Re: HID Group buy - February 04, 2008 07:59 pm UTC

Yes if you guys are still interested the money collection has been started.

Give me your emails and I will pass them along to the person collecting.

They want to have all orders made by thursday I believe..

Also if you feel like comming down to london and dropping off the cash in store that is possible as well.

Sorry i didint update this, I assumed no one was interested any more because of the 50 dollar kits.

Re: HID Group buy - March 26, 2008 07:29 pm UTC

Sorry to bring this thread back but I just wanted to update everyone that I ended up ordering a pnp kit from this place instead http://www.vvme.com/ for my 97 Talon and the quality is excellent, shipping is quick and overall I'm very happy with it. I purchased a 4300k kit instead and although it doesn't perform liek a real HID setup, the light output is quite nice and bright. Better than the stock junk. Hopefully this helps anyone else interested in getting a kit for their talon.

Thank you...

Posted By: Gates Perry

Re: HID Group buy - March 26, 2008 07:43 pm UTC

Hm, interesting find Miguel. It seems as though they have H4 kits as well... Not sure if it's 1G compatible once the H4 upgrade is done, though. Anyone?
Posted By: KevinColeman

Re: HID Group buy - July 29, 2008 12:53 pm UTC

for a hid in to a 1ga u have to buy a set of 4x6 conversion headlights and a set of h4 headlights. to convert to hid your looking in about the $300 dollar range

thats what it cost me to get it for a friend at my cost on everything
Posted By: Gates Perry

Re: HID Group buy - July 29, 2008 06:51 pm UTC

© 2024 Club DSM Canada