HID group buy

Posted By: omar Rassam

HID group buy - May 23, 2008 10:14 pm UTC

RTX HID group 150+tax, i need to get about 10 people to start this.
any bulb type and any temp
18 months warranty
Posted By: David D'Ambra

Re: HID group buy - May 23, 2008 10:16 pm UTC

is this for 2g's?
Posted By: Jay McClelland

Re: HID group buy - May 23, 2008 10:20 pm UTC

Sounds like its just for the bulbs. So you should be able to get a set.

I would be in if I still wasnt paying to get my AWD on the road. =[ Talk about bad timing.

Re: HID group buy - May 23, 2008 10:46 pm UTC

its a kit

Jay if u want i could save u one
Posted By: Gates Perry

Re: HID group buy - May 23, 2008 11:08 pm UTC

Omar, can you please provide a link to the specific products for this group buy in order to allow people to do some reading? wink
Thanks! tu

Re: HID group buy - May 24, 2008 07:47 pm UTC

i dont have a link for it , i tried googling it but i couldnt find much.
its a canadian made however if u have any specific questions i will have to contact the supplier and get back to u.

thanks
Posted By: Shaun Oriold1

Re: HID group buy - May 25, 2008 07:24 pm UTC

check out Sharphid.com They have decent prices, and I'm sure would be down for a GB.

he comes highly recommended in the volvo community.

S.
Posted By: Peter Harry Cortesis

Re: HID group buy - June 25, 2008 07:28 pm UTC

On a side note, what HID kit would we use for a 1gb? 9006? What is a recommended temperature, or is it just preference?

Re: HID group buy - June 25, 2008 07:29 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Peter Harry Cortesis
On a side note, what HID kit would we use for a 1gb? 9006? What is a recommended temperature, or is it just preference?

I believe above 6000k its all preference. They won't get anymore intense. Me myself I want to go for 12000k I think purple would be mean =]

Below 6000k I hear it gets dimmer and goes to like a yellowish colour.
Posted By: miguel barros

Re: HID group buy - June 25, 2008 10:46 pm UTC

No it doesn't. Whoever told you that doesn't know what they are talking about. The lower the kelvin the brighter and whiter the light, except for the 3800k whick is yellow. That's what everyone should be using instead of the useless 6K and up kits that don't put out any light at all and look absolutely stupid. You are better off with the stock halogens.
Posted By: Thomas Wong

Re: HID group buy - June 27, 2008 06:05 am UTC

4300K is the white light(and the best light output) that you see from all the stock vehicles with HID's (bmw,benz,audi etc...)

below 4300k as miguel stated is yellow and above 4300k will be blueish (6000k) then it turns purple(11000k).

If you want to get pulled over by the cops and maybe get a ticket then get the 11000K or even the 3800k as your headlights.
My buddy had it on his civic, and the first night he drove around with it he got pulled over by the cops.

For the 6000k alot of people have them and the cops do seem to let that slide but its still not recommended.
Posted By: Ju Chen

Re: HID group buy - June 27, 2008 03:07 pm UTC

I've seen purple and even pink ones before on the road. Pink i think might be 13000k or something.

Either way, for HID's, I've read somewhere they are ALL brighter than halogen bulbs. How much brighter is dependent on the temperature. the lower the brighter is what I've heard. except the yellow ones. Which isn't much brighter than the white ones.

it goes Yellow -> White -> Blue -> Purple -> Pink and all the in-betweens. ie. Whitish Blue, Bluish Purple, etc.

I think the white or whitish blue ones are the best ones. If you want to be cool, get pink, then risk getting pulled over.

If it wasn't illegal, i'd get pink myself...lol
Posted By: Adam Grenon

Re: HID group buy - June 27, 2008 03:13 pm UTC

Yah the yellow is much better for seeing in bad weather, fog etc. Just so you know.
Posted By: Daren Peacock

Re: HID group buy - June 27, 2008 04:15 pm UTC

I went with 5000K. Light output is soo much better then stock & is a bright white light output with maybe a hint of blue (hard to describe, not like your typical "super white look" halogen bulbs that are tinted blue). Doesn't look rice at all, the max I would get it 6000K but would still recommend the 5000K. Just remember to realign your headlights & aim them slightly lower then normal as the HID's have about 3x's the light output vs the stockers. I've ran mine for a few months like this & haven't been flased yet, to "lower my high beams"....
Posted By: Mike Kuttschrutter

Re: HID group buy - June 27, 2008 05:15 pm UTC

I got 6000's on my integra.
The light is a billion times better, stock was like a safty issue.

I've never been hasseled for my lights yet, or flashed.

They are like a bright white with a hint of blue.

My buddys say that you can tell that there not the same tone as the bmw's and such, but they are not bothersome at all while being followed, or comming head on.

but if you want to be safe i agree with daren, go with the 5000's or the 4300's like bmw and audi's.
Posted By: Gates Perry

Re: HID group buy - June 27, 2008 05:57 pm UTC

Bear in mind that you may see further at night because of the difference in lighting, but that same difference will cause you to see extremely poorly through fog/rain/snow. Which is more of a safety hazard?
wink
Posted By: Mike Kuttschrutter

Re: HID group buy - June 27, 2008 06:10 pm UTC

I couldnt see at all to begin with.

i'll see this winter how it works out with snow, but rain and fog have been ok for me

Re: HID group buy - June 27, 2008 07:49 pm UTC

My talon IF it gets HID's will be parked in bad weather. Colt with Halogens will be driven. For the colour of the car. I would go with 6000k. Don't think purple would go with my blue car. lol

Is this group buy going to be anytime soon?? If not I might be able to get in on it.
Posted By: Brandon Clement

Re: HID group buy - June 28, 2008 04:14 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Adam Grenon
Yah the yellow is much better for seeing in bad weather, fog etc. Just so you know.

foglights ftw

Re: HID group buy - June 28, 2008 04:43 pm UTC

sorry Jay there isnt enough intrest to start the group buy

Re: HID group buy - June 29, 2008 06:45 pm UTC

Do you have a regular price for them? just for when I do finally decide to get them.

Re: HID group buy - July 05, 2008 03:30 pm UTC

its 200 plus tax
© 2024 Club DSM Canada