Test & Tune at St. Thomas

Posted By: Carlos Manuel Vincent

Test & Tune at St. Thomas - March 16, 2001 01:45 am UTC

St. Thomas dragway test'n'tune begins March 31.

Would anyone be interested in going down to St. Thomas Dragway for some races???

Myself and Paul are planning on going down there on April the 8th, we don't have much details yet, but we would like invite all the DSMers out there to come out and join us.
If there's anyone interested we can make arrangements to do a caravan down to the strip.

I think it would be fun.......

------------------
Black Beast
AWD Power
Posted By: Conrad Deska

Re: Test & Tune at St. Thomas - March 16, 2001 03:00 am UTC

I don't know about St Thomas, but Cayuga is opening on Sat April 7 and it's a free race day. I'm sure a lot of DSMs are gonna show up there.

------------------
93 TSi AWD
Posted By: Andrew Bienhaus

Re: Test & Tune at St. Thomas - March 16, 2001 02:20 pm UTC

Opening day at Cayuga is free, yes... but usually completely insane. [Linked Image]

------------------
Andrew Bienhaus
1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - Shhhhh... The Mongoose is Hibernating...

Re: Test & Tune at St. Thomas - March 16, 2001 10:25 pm UTC

YES!!!! Cayuga will be free that day, but like Andrew said it will be crazy and out of control, I'm sure you won't be able to race a lot of runs.

Personally I would rather pay 15-20 dollars and be in a nice quite environment where where things are not too out of control and I can enjoy a few runs.

------------------
Black Beast
AWD Power
Posted By: Conrad Deska

Re: Test & Tune at St. Thomas - March 16, 2001 10:32 pm UTC

Yeah, things are pretty crazy on the free race day at Cayuga. If you show up early you might be able to squeeze in a couple of passes. It's fun though, that's the only time you can see K cars and Taurus station wagons motoring down the 1/4 [Linked Image]

------------------
93 TSi AWD
Posted By: Mike Jackson

Re: Test & Tune at St. Thomas - March 19, 2001 02:08 pm UTC

Ya but does the Christmas tree break down on opening day at Cayuga? Last year opening day sucked at St Thomas. First they didn't have any race gas... then the friggin tree broke down around noon. Lame lame lame.

I'll prolly still go to St Thomas... but I'll bring some race gas with me.

------------------
Quadcylla
92 Laser RS-T FWD

Re: Test & Tune at St. Thomas - March 26, 2001 01:39 pm UTC

So does anyone know if they really are going to open this weekend? I'm skeptical with all this friggin white stuff laying around.

Also there'll be no trouble picking which track to got to... St Thomas opens this Saturday while Cayuga opens a week later.

------------------
Quadcylla
92 Laser RS-T FWD

[This message has been edited by Mike Jackson (edited March 26, 2001).]
Posted By: Chris Poe

Re: Test & Tune at St. Thomas - March 28, 2001 04:49 am UTC

where is St. Thomas dragway, and what's the cost?.. I'd love to see my current qt mile time.. before I start doing major mods..

Re: Test & Tune at St. Thomas - March 29, 2001 12:20 am UTC

Hi Chris

go to this web site it has all the info you need. Plus I will be posting the time and meeting place so who ever wants to go to meet up and go down together.

http://www.stthomasdragway.com/

------------------
Black Beast
AWD Power
Posted By: Chris Poe

Re: Test & Tune at St. Thomas - March 30, 2001 10:46 am UTC

Sounds good!!! Make sure you post early where to meet and all so I get to read it, thanks! [Linked Image]

Re: Test & Tune at St. Thomas - March 30, 2001 01:20 pm UTC

I won't be there [Linked Image]. Quadcylla isn't ready yet [Linked Image].

------------------
Quadcylla
92 Laser RS-T FWD
© 2024 Club DSM Canada