New pb at Shannonville armdrops!

Posted By: Jay Stacey

New pb at Shannonville armdrops! - September 03, 2019 08:13 pm UTC

So last Saturday, we ran at armdrops in shannonville.

And I had no trailer, so I was fully intending on taking it easy. But first run of thd night, pulled off a 11.54 with out even really thinking about it. And a touch less boost then my previous 11.61 pb.

Ran a back up 11.53.. Then missed shift a few more runs.

Wasn't gonna make another run, but gave in at the last moment. Ran a 11.45@123mph. 1.77 60ft.. 7,43 in the 1/8th.

This is with a stock internal 6bolt bottom end, 2g head, 264/272 hks cams and a Holset hx35 on a open t3 cast manifold. Full interioir, and every day street tires at full tire pressure. Boost was 28psi with a few 32psi peaks.. 13° max timing. 94pump and meth.

And oh ya.. Remember, shannonville is a bit better than your average no prep event.. So I'm sure a rear dragstrip will net better results. Plus it was almost 30° out.

This is from a dirt cheap... back yard biult and hacked together 2g.. Where everything is tuned and fabbed my self if I can.

I'm thinking about changing tire size.. Maybe a taller tire will get me more mph at the big end.. I have no problem making more boost at the launch with my home made staging break.

Posted By: Matt Harland

Re: New pb at Shannonville armdrops! - September 04, 2019 02:26 pm UTC

Nice job! I wanted to be there racing, but I started leaking fuel out of the high pressure hard line frown Oh well, now I can run AN fittings all the way to the rail.
Posted By: Jay Stacey

Re: New pb at Shannonville armdrops! - September 04, 2019 05:11 pm UTC

Thanks Matt!

Ya. Hurry up and get yer car running good! There's only a few dsms left in the game well in Canada anyway.

#backyardbuilt
© 2024 Club DSM Canada