Electronic boost control help needed

Posted By: Luke Smith

Electronic boost control help needed - April 17, 2017 02:41 am UTC

So let me explain what's going on. Bought a used apexi avcr electronic boost controller. Installed it a while ago and then later found car wouldn't start. Looked at my ecmlink logs and found the was stuck at 100%. Thought my tps sensor was bad and changed it. Still had the same problem.

This weekend decided to try cutting the wires for the apexi avcr off the ECU and was able to start the car. So I'm assuming something is going on with the apexi unit.

So now I need to find a way to control boost. Thinking about trying to use the solenoid valve from the apexi unit to connect to ecmlink to do boost by gear but don't know if it's compatible or how to set it up. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys!
Posted By: Stephen Richardson

Re: Electronic boost control help needed - April 17, 2017 11:11 am UTC

What Solenoid does the Apexi use?

Re: Electronic boost control help needed - April 17, 2017 11:36 am UTC

It's just got the Apexi marking no other brand name I know of.

Re: Electronic boost control help needed - April 17, 2017 11:46 am UTC

I remember there were some that Ecmtuning didnt recommend due to the blowing the BCS driver circuit. The IR 3 port from them is relatively inexpensive if you want to stay with what they recommend.
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: Electronic boost control help needed - April 17, 2017 12:00 pm UTC

Luke do you have a wiring diagram for the apexi
Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Re: Electronic boost control help needed - April 17, 2017 04:41 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Luke Smith
So let me explain what's going on. Bought a used apexi avcr electronic boost controller. Installed it a while ago and then later found car wouldn't start. Looked at my ecmlink logs and found the was stuck at 100%. Thought my tps sensor was bad and changed it. Still had the same problem.

This weekend decided to try cutting the wires for the apexi avcr off the ECU and was able to start the car. So I'm assuming something is going on with the apexi unit.

So now I need to find a way to control boost. Thinking about trying to use the solenoid valve from the apexi unit to connect to ecmlink to do boost by gear but don't know if it's compatible or how to set it up. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys!

This is the one i use:
[Linked Image]

source

Did the apexi avcr electronic boost controller ever worked on your setup? or problem since first start?

Re: Electronic boost control help needed - April 17, 2017 06:59 pm UTC

Yep thats the IR solenoid.
Posted By: Jason Drew

Re: Electronic boost control help needed - April 17, 2017 07:07 pm UTC

I got that one for $28 from Zoro

EDIT: it's gone up a bit but still way cheaper than Grainger

https://www.zoro.com/aro-solenoid-air-control-valve-18-in-12vdc-p251ss-012-d/i/G1419713/

Re: Electronic boost control help needed - April 17, 2017 08:55 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Alex Akachinskiy

Did the apexi avcr electronic boost controller ever worked on your setup? or problem since first start?

I never had it working. I wired it in to my car and that's when the tps problem started. Removed it from my car and problem went away.

Originally Posted by Stephen Richardson
I remember there were some that Ecmtuning didnt recommend due to the blowing the BCS driver circuit. The IR 3 port from them is relatively inexpensive if you want to stay with what they recommend.

I will have to go look at the site again and see if I can find that list.

Originally Posted by Bryan Lawrence
Luke do you have a wiring diagram for the apexi
wired it up like the manual says to.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Re: Electronic boost control help needed - April 17, 2017 09:20 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Jason Drew
I got that one for $28 from Zoro

EDIT: it's gone up a bit but still way cheaper than Grainger

https://www.zoro.com/aro-solenoid-air-control-valve-18-in-12vdc-p251ss-012-d/i/G1419713/

tu Good find!
I use Zoro for other hard to find stuff such as egr plug. Never let me down

Re: Electronic boost control help needed - April 18, 2017 01:12 pm UTC

Hm, that's weird. It shouldn't be messing with your signal considering it should just be reading it.

I assume you used pin 84 for speed sensor. What is the car reading voltage wise on the tps?

Re: Electronic boost control help needed - April 18, 2017 01:47 pm UTC

So I had some time this morning to do some more digging.
Looks like the resistance is a pinch higher than the IR one which means it's not in the danger zone but I think you would need to check it to confirm it actually works. (I am no electrician though I am just basing that on what is said on the link website.)

ref:
http://dsmlink.com/wiki/bcschoice
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecuflash/379043-bcs-testing-data-5.html
© 2024 Club DSM Canada