Anyone need some stock springs?

Posted By: Anonymous

Anyone need some stock springs? - April 25, 2000 01:21 am UTC

[Linked Image]

I'm going to have to get some custom wound springs to get my car back down to earth. It's so light that the stock springs are keeping it high off the ground.

Anyone know a good place in Toronto that does springs? (Eibachs and ST are still going to keep me up to high)
Posted By: Tim_Anderson

Re: Anyone need some stock springs? - April 26, 2000 05:59 am UTC

Michael, have you been doing some heavy-duty stripping off your car? Like, say, everything from the stereo to the carpeting and seats? What would a guy have to do to lighten his car sooo much the stock springs look like that? Is that a 6" clearance b/w the tire and the wheel well? Did this just sort of 'develop'?

Je suis confus!

------------------
1990 TSi AWD
"How can one car make so much @*&$ oil smoke???"
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Anyone need some stock springs? - April 26, 2000 09:41 am UTC

It's getting there! I had regular clearance a month ago before the weight savings expedition began. Check out my website for more info.
www.ecanfix.com/~mdhamilton/diet.html
Posted By: Michel Brais

Re: Anyone need some stock springs? - April 26, 2000 03:51 pm UTC

I don't know if you will easily find someone that would wound you springs at a reasonable price.

Personally, depending on your goals and budget, I would cut down your stock springs if it,s only a street car that you use for drag racing.

If it's for road racing or if you don't want to cut down springs, buy yourself a coil ever conversion kit that can use 2.5" coils. Those coils can be bought for about 75$ can. each for any length or spring rate.

If it's any consolation, my car is sitting even higher than yours at this moment. I can drive almost over anything.

------------------
Michel
My life is crap
http://www.azur.qc.ca/rallye
Posted By: Francois Poirier

Re: Anyone need some stock springs? - April 26, 2000 04:19 pm UTC

is that your car Michel?

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

------------------
Frank
Real thirsty 92 Laser RS TURBO AWD
© 2024 Club DSM Canada