1G brake upgrade

Posted By: Stephan Tanchak

1G brake upgrade - May 10, 2014 02:06 am UTC

So,
it seems like one of the pistons of my front drivers side caliper is starting to seize up (upon closer inspection, the entire boot has disintegrated) and I am left to replace it. However, as I am big on having good tires and brakes for the safety factor, I figured, its as good a time as ever to upgrade.

Pretty much just wanted to see if anyone in the Torontoish area has the 3000gt vr4 brakes and would let me test fit one of my rims on their car.
Posted By: Corte Beech

Re: 1G brake upgrade - May 10, 2014 03:17 am UTC

If you want to upgrade your brakes get brembos. Way more options for good rotors and pads. Probably won't cost much more then the 3kgt upgrade.
Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Re: 1G brake upgrade - May 10, 2014 11:11 am UTC

I think the Brembo calipers alone cost about as much as the complete 3kgt upgrade
Posted By: Lucian Marta

Re: 1G brake upgrade - May 10, 2014 05:35 pm UTC

Or do the Cobra brakes. 13 x 1.1 inch rotors, light PBR aluminium calipers with 2 big pistons, etc. They clear even the stock 17" swirlies nicely.
Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Re: 1G brake upgrade - May 10, 2014 10:50 pm UTC

Are the PBR calipers aluminum? I didn't think so. I know the rotors sure aren't light.
Posted By: Stephan Tanchak

Re: 1G brake upgrade - May 11, 2014 12:55 am UTC

Looks like I found a great deal on brakes. A set of Cobra's. Sure the VR4's would clear and probably look cool, but I dony want to have to worry about the winters later. Plus, its just a daily driver.
Posted By: Lucian Marta

Re: 1G brake upgrade - May 11, 2014 03:39 am UTC

I believe they are Ziggy. I have the Baer kit on my car now, and the calipers are extremely light, no doubt aluminium. Baer uses the exact same PBR calipers the Cobras and 90's ZR1 Corvettes do. They just have different logos on them.

The rotors are indeed heavy!
Posted By: Guillaume Lauze

Re: 1G brake upgrade - July 26, 2014 01:27 pm UTC

There I also a nice set of willwood 6 pistons on kijiji, for a 2g...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-p...02807032?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

© 2024 Club DSM Canada