At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g

Posted By: Terry S

At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g - January 30, 2015 09:41 pm UTC

I'm in the market for a front Camber kit for my 2g and while sifting through the interweb I stumbled upon these lil beauties.

Megan Racing adjustable tubular front upper control arms for the 2g

they are around $190usd for the pair, cheaper then the Ingalls Camber kit.

Posted By: Jason Drew

Re: At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g - January 31, 2015 12:10 am UTC

I paid $125 shipped for my Ingalls camber kit, you need to shop around tongue
Posted By: Stephan Tanchak

Re: At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g - January 31, 2015 12:25 am UTC

I wonder if you mixed the ingalls, this one and the ball joint type, along with a 2" drop, how much negative camber you could squeeze out of the front. Or if the camber degrees would add or multiply with each other.
Posted By: Ghislain Goudreau

Re: At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g - January 31, 2015 01:12 pm UTC

They would add.

I have some Adjustable Anchor Bolt with the above mentioned Beauties you could correct for a crazy drop. Nothing that I would do but for one that likes to scrape his Oil Pan on the pavement...

Let us know how they work.

Ghislain
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g - February 02, 2015 12:18 am UTC

What bushings are you going to use with these?

Re: At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g - February 02, 2015 12:31 am UTC

What you mean what bushings?

Re: At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g - February 02, 2015 12:33 am UTC

Prothane? Spherical?

They require bushings do they not?

Re: At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g - February 02, 2015 12:40 am UTC

Nope, on one end just the anchor bolts, and it connects to the spindle via a ball joint.

Re: At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g - February 02, 2015 12:42 am UTC

That doesn't make sense. It's a pivoting part. It needs a bushing. Not just a bolt. Am I missing something? Lol

Re: At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g - February 02, 2015 12:45 am UTC

Oh right. The oem UCA can disassemble there and you can use the oem stud that has the bushing already pressed in. I'm using the ingalls as well. Just powder coated oem UCA's.
Posted By: Mike Lane

Re: At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g - February 02, 2015 01:33 am UTC

Im liking these megan bits! I also like the bits of various megans. rotflmao Megan isnt half bad in my books.
Posted By: Terry S

Re: At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g - February 02, 2015 04:05 am UTC

I'll be grabbing these in a few weeks, I'll be pressing in energy suspension bushings into the OEM spindles to complete the set. I'll post information on my findings.

Paul volk is working on the lower control arms atm, once I get those swapped out every suspension part will be tubular and adjustable.
Posted By: Scott McIntyre

Re: At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g - February 02, 2015 03:48 pm UTC

Great find Terry. Nice to have an alternative to the now discontinued SPC adjustable upper control arms.
Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Re: At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g - February 05, 2015 07:50 pm UTC

We have these on their way in smile. Going to be $279.98 CDN.
Posted By: Bill KH Seo

Re: At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g - February 13, 2015 08:01 pm UTC

Ziggy, is it $280 for a pair?

Re: At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g - February 14, 2015 05:47 pm UTC

yes, plus shipping and tax, of course. They came in last night smile
Posted By: Charles Kisielewski

Re: At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g - February 16, 2015 03:51 pm UTC

Not a primary concern, but do these happen to have any options for colours? Is it just the colour shown in the Megan link?

Re: At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g - February 16, 2015 04:20 pm UTC

No options, only the blue!

Re: At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g - February 16, 2015 08:17 pm UTC

Your option is send them to me to be coated a different color tongue
Posted By: Mike Degli Angeli

Re: At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g - February 17, 2015 03:26 am UTC

Originally Posted by Jason Drew

Or to me! smile

Sorry Jason tongue

Re: At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g - February 17, 2015 05:22 am UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Degli Angeli

Or to me! smile

Sorry Jason tongue

It's good to have options smile
Posted By: Mike Kuttschrutter

Re: At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g - February 17, 2015 05:56 am UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Degli Angeli

Or to me! smile

Sorry Jason tongue

It's good to have options smile

I'm closest tongue
Posted By: Scott McIntyre

Re: At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g - February 17, 2015 01:36 pm UTC

Send them to me and I'll spray bomb them for cheap!

Re: At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g - February 17, 2015 02:39 pm UTC

I will send them anywhere that someone who PAYS for them wants me to smile

Re: At last, tubular front upper control arms 2g - February 17, 2015 04:01 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ziggy Dietrich, RTM Racing
I will send them anywhere that someone who PAYS for them wants me to smile

And there you have it laugh
© 2024 Club DSM Canada