I want more POWER!!!!!

Posted By: Alex Schulz

I want more POWER!!!!! - April 26, 2000 03:39 am UTC

Well, as everyone knows... turbo's have lag. I have noticed that my 16g is not nearly as quick at spooling up as my old 14b was... So here's my question.

Has anyone ever supercharged a 16g'd eagle talon? [Linked Image] I imagine it would drastically reduce lag, and well... it would be "Cool" [Linked Image] hehe

Does anyone know of some genius that could do it? Or perhaps are there any downfalls to supercharging a TSI AWD?

------------------
92 Talon Tsi AWD
Somewhere in the 12's!
Posted By: Kevin Champoux

Re: I want more POWER!!!!! - April 26, 2000 11:18 am UTC

If anyone finds out info on supercharging let me know. I would be interested in supercharging my 1G NT.

------------------
Kevin Champoux
93 Laser RS (aqua)
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I want more POWER!!!!! - April 26, 2000 11:19 am UTC

I'd be curious to know where you were thinking of mounting a supercharger?

------------------
Marta
dsmgrrrl@hotmail.com
90 Eclipse GSX
92 Talon TSi AWD
Posted By: Paul Kolbuc

Re: I want more POWER!!!!! - April 26, 2000 02:57 pm UTC

I belive the reason you don't see too many(any) supercharger kits for DSM's is due to the fact that all your belts, and pulleys are on one side of the engine, while the air intake is on the other.
Posted By: Francois Poirier

Re: I want more POWER!!!!! - April 26, 2000 04:22 pm UTC

Like Marta said It's so thight in that engine bay that you would probably have to mount the supercharger outside the car! hehe

Seriously if you ever find out any way of doing it I would be really interested! I was for myself considering it but did not find any information...

------------------
Frank
Real thirsty 92 Laser RS TURBO AWD
Posted By: Michael Hamilton

Re: I want more POWER!!!!! - April 26, 2000 11:01 pm UTC

That bolt on mustang one would fit nicely where the A/C is. If they could make it into a nice package with the intake headers I don't see how it couldn't be done....It's getting someone to do it that's the problem.
Posted By: Jeff Mitchell

Re: I want more POWER!!!!! - April 27, 2000 11:43 pm UTC

Alex,

If you're serious, I think twin turbo'ing would be a better idea, although a few have experimented with limited success.

Jeff Mitchell
Posted By: Michael Hamilton

Re: I want more POWER!!!!! - April 28, 2000 01:10 am UTC

Get in touch with Vineet Singh in Chicago for twin turbo. I was helping him work on a design this winter and it should be done this summer.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada