"Open" -Type K&N for 2G

Posted By: Paul Bratina

"Open" -Type K&N for 2G - April 29, 2003 03:08 am UTC

I'm installing a 2G MAF on my AWD, and I'd like to install one of those "open" K&N filter kits. It's the open cone shaped filter (which looks very much like the 1G) that attaches directly to the MAF; not the square stocker replacement type. I'm pretty sure it would be considered a "kit" as I believe there's some kind of part which mates between the MAF and the filter itself. I went to Crappy, but I wasn't sure which one I was supposed to order. Does anyone have a part no. or at least the unofficial name for the kit I'm talking about? An approx price would help to pinpoint it too. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Jeff Mitchell

Re: "Open" -Type K&N for 2G - May 01, 2003 12:52 am UTC

Usually what 2G guys use is the K&N FIPK. You can see it on all the various vendor's sites, although I don't think they give part numbers. smile
Posted By: Paul Bratina

Re: "Open" -Type K&N for 2G - May 02, 2003 10:24 pm UTC

Thanks Jeff, that's what I thought. 'Course I will confess that I wasn't sure what FIPK stood for until I looked it up. embarassed
Posted By: Chris Clark

Re: "Open" -Type K&N for 2G - May 03, 2003 08:15 am UTC

I was told Dejon Tool has the adapter plates.

I was considering the VFAQ canister mod, but if the 2G FIPK will work, with minimal mods? then screw all that work
Posted By: Che Smart

Re: "Open" -Type K&N for 2G - May 16, 2003 01:45 am UTC

i think there about 150 bucks to buy the whole kit and it comes with the adapter plate and a bottle of filter cleaner and a bottle of oil to oil after cleaning
© 2024 Club DSM Canada