"Transition" Hose for I/C Piping

Posted By: Paul Bratina

"Transition" Hose for I/C Piping - April 29, 2003 03:17 am UTC

I'm looking for rubber/silicone hose couplings for I/C piping. Specifically, I need a 2" to 2.25" transition coupling (for the connection between my 2G TB elbow (which is 2.25") and my 2" I/C piping). I know that RRE sells them, but unfortunately, I've already sent in my order. Does anyone know of any local (that is GTA) suppliers that sell them? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Dave Dziarmaga

Re: "Transition" Hose for I/C Piping - April 29, 2003 10:35 pm UTC

If you find a place that sells those let me know, i went to a bunch of places over the weekend and no one carried those.
Have you tried streching the hose maybe?
Posted By: Geoff Chislett

Re: "Transition" Hose for I/C Piping - April 30, 2003 01:35 pm UTC

Please post here if you find them.

btw, don't use cheap rubber connectors from CT. They can melt and get sucked into your engine. Don't ask me why I know.

G

Re: "Transition" Hose for I/C Piping - April 30, 2003 10:27 pm UTC

Geez, you guys are scaring me! It looks like I may be forced to order from the States (or try to "fudge" the connection). I'll let you guys know what I end up doing.

Re: "Transition" Hose for I/C Piping - May 02, 2003 10:28 pm UTC

The keystone catalogue carries 2 sets of transition hoses, im gonna get pricing for them tomorrow.
CT to the rescue :rolleyes:

Re: "Transition" Hose for I/C Piping - May 02, 2003 11:49 pm UTC

Cool. I'll owe you one if you come through. smile ... and maybe I'll have to take back some of the things I've said about Crappy. smile
Posted By: Rob Cauduro

Re: "Transition" Hose for I/C Piping - May 03, 2003 12:10 am UTC

I got mine from Home depot in the plumbing department. Keep it simple guys.

Re: "Transition" Hose for I/C Piping - May 03, 2003 12:23 am UTC

Yeah, I saw those Rob, but they looked kinda feeble to me. But who knows, if they hold boost, they hold boost, right?

Re: "Transition" Hose for I/C Piping - May 05, 2003 03:11 pm UTC

Originally posted by Geoff Chislett:
Please post here if you find them.

btw, don't use cheap rubber connectors from CT. They can melt and get sucked into your engine. Don't ask me why I know.

G
Rob, Paul... See above! Dont' keep it simple, Do it right.
Posted By: Nick Boers

Re: "Transition" Hose for I/C Piping - May 05, 2003 05:16 pm UTC

I put in some of those cheap home depot couplers as a short term solution until i got some silicone,a nd i was actually very surprised at how well they've lasted. I haven't bothered replacing them since. They're ugly, and they deform, and they stretch when yo hit boost, but they work, and they're cheap. I don't know why yours were melting, unless they were on your turbo outlet, and youre pusing a small turbo way out of its efficiency range.

Anyways... silicone is better (my silicone couplers are on the way), but the plumbing stuff does work.

Re: "Transition" Hose for I/C Piping - May 05, 2003 05:35 pm UTC

The rubber coupler that I used was put on at the tbe connection. Running stock (actually only 8 psi) boost, the rubber melted and got sucked through the bov, back into the intake and destroyed my turbo. Fins got all bent up and sounded like a squealing pig. (Don't ask me how I know what a squealing pig sounds like wink )

Anyway, I personally don't care if you use the cheap-o connector, I just thought I'd give you a heads up on the potential dangers. Mine lasted 3 days before imploding!

G
Posted By: Pascal Perreault

Re: "Transition" Hose for I/C Piping - May 05, 2003 07:41 pm UTC

Has anyone ever though of using pieces of rad hose to make couplers? It resists heat (100C+) and pressure (15psi stock cooling system pressure).....Sounds like a good alternative to me.....Any ideas?
Posted By: Nick Boers

Re: "Transition" Hose for I/C Piping - May 05, 2003 11:31 pm UTC

Rad hose is good stuff. The silicone couplers are.. guess what?? rad hose made with silicone.

How does a throttle body coupler get sucked into the pipe between the TB elbow and the IC pipe, travel upstream, and get through the BOV!?!? eek

Re: "Transition" Hose for I/C Piping - May 06, 2003 12:44 am UTC

Well, actually, I am using rad hose for all of my I/C piping (except for the connection at the TB elbow). It's 2" rad hose (the stock hose for some kind of truck) to go with my 2" I/C piping. I can't really use 2" hose at the elbow transition, since it's 2.25". I tried to "stretch" it into place, but it really resists.

It looks like I'm going to be ordering one of those fancy silicone deals from the States, since I stumbled onto a few other parts I want to order as well (didn't want to order just that one part).

Re: "Transition" Hose for I/C Piping - June 24, 2003 01:57 am UTC

Just an update to this thread, guys. I ordered the silicone transition coupler from the following place in the States: DSMotorsport . I got the 2"-2.25" one. It works beauty. The silicone really stretches nicely over the piping (so it slid on easily) and then "rebounds" for a nice tight fit. The silicone is really much nicer than the rubber couplers I have on the rest of my plumbing.

Re: "Transition" Hose for I/C Piping - June 24, 2003 02:52 am UTC

I got my transition hoses from kinetic , the prices are actually cheaper then from the states and no border hassle.

Re: "Transition" Hose for I/C Piping - June 24, 2003 10:07 pm UTC

Holy sh*t! Silicone hoses in Canada! Thanks for the heads up Dave. I'll probably change over all my hoses to silicone eventually, now I know where to go.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada