Transfer case manual

Posted By: Darren deRoos

Transfer case manual - December 26, 2003 06:49 pm UTC

I need a manual or drawings for the Transfer case. Mine seized up and I found out it was a JDM switchable, all-alum. unit, so I want to try and swap guts from a different T-case. Anybody have anything?

Thnaks

Darren
Posted By: Rob Greer

Re: Transfer case manual - December 27, 2003 08:10 pm UTC

The factory service manual has a section on rebuilding the T-case. If you don't have a service manual, now is a good time to invest in one.
The manualcd would also have most of the info you need.

The one problem you may have is that the switching components will not be covered in either of the above. This may not be a big problem though assuming that you can reuse the old parts. I'd take apart the old one first and take stock of what is broken/reuseable.

Basically, you will be trying to swap in a gearset. If the shafts or switching parts are broken, it's toast. I think those parts will be available in Japan only.

Re: Transfer case manual - December 28, 2003 04:07 am UTC

Thanks Rob, I have given up on the switchable T-case. I bought a regular one and it's in the car, which is running again. Now I'm not sure what to do about the recall?

D.
Posted By: Rob Greer

Re: Transfer case manual - December 28, 2003 05:50 pm UTC

The problem is usually the rear driveshaft yoke at the Tcase. It develops a leak over time where there is a pressed-in plug.

Now that the car is running the dealer will probably say "screw you". If it is still leaking, the only way you'll be able to prove it is to put some dye into the TCase fluid and then show them that it's still leaking. It's a painful process. You could try Eastway Chrysler though, at least Adam Clay might be on your side.
Posted By: Chris Clark

Re: Transfer case manual - December 28, 2003 08:38 pm UTC

Remeber there is an updated yoke. The dealers sometimes 'forget' to mention that.

Re: Transfer case manual - December 29, 2003 02:52 am UTC

I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow and tell them they screwed up, then call Chrysler canada and tell them the story. I'm not going to mention that I fixed it. I want to see how they're going to weasel their way out of this one.

D.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada