dynatek arc 2 loss of power

Posted By: Johnny Larmond

dynatek arc 2 loss of power - February 15, 2014 04:07 pm UTC

Hello Can.dsm! Been 6 weeks since I've seen my car let alone start it here in Quebec. No trouble with starting or driving. What a little monster smile just had to break loose from the ground and bust through the massive pile of snow.
Driving along last night at a 125km/h cruise, I had my car lose all engine power and start shooting flames from the rear with any throttle input. I was forces to coast to a stop on the side of the road. Car died once stopped and would not restart. I unplugged the ignition amplifier and it fired right up and off I went.

I'm very limited for time while on course so I'm just asking here. Has anyone running a dynatek arc2 encountered this issue before? The installation is simple plug and play. Car ran without issue since install last summer. Any input or direction is greatly appreciated.
I will be heading out shortly to diagnose and get a better look. Will update thread after.

Cheers
Posted By: Jason Drew

Re: dynatek arc 2 loss of power - February 15, 2014 07:46 pm UTC

Buddy of mine had 2 of them fail on his 2g, so it doesn't surprise me on bit.
Posted By: Stephan Tanchak

Re: dynatek arc 2 loss of power - February 15, 2014 09:03 pm UTC

From what I understand, the units fail from the engine heat. Given ARC-2 horror stories are frequent, I'd assume if you could mount it behind the dash, it would have a longer life.
Posted By: Sven Hebbard

Re: dynatek arc 2 loss of power - February 18, 2014 05:02 pm UTC

I use aem twin fire.. WATER, HEAT THEY HATE! DO NOT spray your engine bay if you have one in there and dont plastic bag it
Posted By: Ryan Laliberte

Re: dynatek arc 2 loss of power - February 19, 2014 01:05 am UTC

Mine failed on me after 2 weeks. Called Dynatech, they replaced it no questions asked. Haven't had an issue since. They ran a bad batch IIRC.

Spark Cut 2 Step is SOOO COOOL.

Re: dynatek arc 2 loss of power - February 22, 2014 03:13 am UTC

It's been a week from hell here on basic, but that's to be expected. I'll try and give Dynatek a call this week some time or fire them off an email tonight and see what happens.
Thanks for the input folks. I can't speak for the conditions it's encountered before I owned it, but its since been mounted in the specified location and kept nice and dry.
Hopefully it works out for me as well as it did for you Ryan.

Re: dynatek arc 2 loss of power - March 02, 2014 02:35 am UTC

Stand by for results. Sent the unit back to Dynatek today.

Re: dynatek arc 2 loss of power - March 03, 2014 12:08 am UTC

On a side note, how long are you in Quebec for?

Re: dynatek arc 2 loss of power - March 07, 2014 12:30 am UTC

Here until at least April 18th. Only available on weekends. Very little time to drive. I also seem to have developed a coolant leak somewhere... Grrr

Re: dynatek arc 2 loss of power - March 07, 2014 02:09 am UTC

Napierville is slated to open on March 15th, not gonna happen though lol. I'll try to make it out that way before you're out of here.

Re: dynatek arc 2 loss of power - March 08, 2014 12:16 am UTC

Cool man. That would be awesome

Re: dynatek arc 2 loss of power - March 17, 2014 10:04 pm UTC

Spoke to a gentleman from Dynatek. Let's call him Sid. Sid was very friendly and actually wanted to help me out. My unit failed testing And was way out of warranty but no fear! They offered me a shiny new unit at a greatly reduced price with a new warranty and shipped back to my door free of charge.
Overall, a great experience with Dynatek. They're product and customer service is top knotch in my books. Highly recommended.

Re: dynatek arc 2 loss of power - March 17, 2014 10:05 pm UTC

Btw, the replacement cost for the unit was only 150. Woot!

Re: dynatek arc 2 loss of power - March 18, 2014 02:21 am UTC

Good to see companies step up even after the warranty has expired.
Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Re: dynatek arc 2 loss of power - March 21, 2014 04:41 pm UTC

Glad you are back on the road Johnny. I am still rocking on factory ignition, never had an issue.

Re: dynatek arc 2 loss of power - March 22, 2014 11:41 pm UTC

It was a simple matter of going back to stock when the unit failed. Just unplugged it and off I went.
Apparently it was produced 7 years ago. That's a good shelf life I think.

Re: dynatek arc 2 loss of power - January 04, 2018 10:38 pm UTC

For the record, I've now gone through my 4th Dynatek Arc-2 inside of 4 years.

Failure (loss of all ignition) is sudden and the car is restored instantly to running condition as soon as the Arc-2 is bypassed.

Has anyone else been having this issue or experience with the Arc-2

Re: dynatek arc 2 loss of power - January 05, 2018 05:29 am UTC

I think it's time you cut your losses on those things and go back to stock coils.

Re: dynatek arc 2 loss of power - March 27, 2018 08:11 pm UTC

Exactly what I did. Shame though...
© 2024 Club DSM Canada