poor idle

Posted By: Jason Baller

poor idle - October 31, 2015 04:26 pm UTC

hey guys I'm new here been a while since I've been on this site also. okay so heres my problem i have a 97gst model my problem that I'm having is an idle issue. i have just recently changed my spark plugs and wires and a new iac thinking i would fix the problem but still no fix. my car is idling really rough to the point it drops down to 200rmps and bounces up to about 700 rpms sounds like it about to pass out i can't figure it out if any of you can help me out id appreciate it or if you guys know of any great mechanics about the gta i would appreciate it thanks guys
Posted By: Terry S

Re: poor idle - October 31, 2015 05:03 pm UTC

Search "Boost leak test"

That's where I would start.

It's easy peasy.
Posted By: Stephen Richardson

Re: poor idle - October 31, 2015 05:32 pm UTC

A list of mods would help aswell wink
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: poor idle - October 31, 2015 09:04 pm UTC

Recirculate your BOV.

Re: poor idle - October 31, 2015 09:52 pm UTC

not many mods other then an aftermarket bov greedy exhaust and an aftermarket intake

Re: poor idle - October 31, 2015 09:56 pm UTC

how exactly can i do that would that possibly be the problem like whats happening is so weird ill start the car sometimes it will catch its idle properly and sometimes it will just drop on rpms and sound like the car would be dying as it sits on idle and sometimes it will just completely shut off. now when i happen to drive it again sometimes it will run fine and other times it will won't like the turbo kicks in late or the car jerks suddenly. could it also be something that has to do with the maf ?

Re: poor idle - October 31, 2015 09:58 pm UTC

I've done a boost leak and found 0 leaks lol this problem is so strange and i can't seem to find the right person to help out
Posted By: Terry S

Re: poor idle - October 31, 2015 10:15 pm UTC

I had a similar issue until I changes my coolant temp sensor. Just a thought.

Re: poor idle - November 01, 2015 01:21 am UTC

yeah i thought that could of also been it i checked mine and it seems fine i just replaced it last year #dsmproblems lol
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: poor idle - November 01, 2015 03:53 am UTC

Are you using a maf?

Re: poor idle - November 04, 2015 12:06 am UTC

yup i have an aftermarket maf if i happen to tap the connector it throws off the idle which is so weird
© 2024 Club DSM Canada