7bolt + Cyclone intake

Posted By: Guillaume Berton

7bolt + Cyclone intake - July 18, 2016 09:29 pm UTC

Alright after much debate, I really want to do this. I know I could get a 6bolt head but I'd rather not.

Now I've sourced a couple guys that say they can weld cast aluminium. Although if someone on the forum knows of a good source (as I have no rep from the guys I'm contacting). I would rather go that way.

I LOVE my low rev power so I want to make this work. Also don't want to port 2g head as the 2g head already does what I want perfectly.

As for why I'm not doing the evo III intake, I like my egr and variable intake more tongue

Let me know if you have contact or if someone on here can do it.

Thanks!
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: 7bolt + Cyclone intake - July 18, 2016 10:32 pm UTC

Massive size difference, I think you will need to sacrifice a 2g intake just to make it work.

Re: 7bolt + Cyclone intake - July 18, 2016 11:50 pm UTC

Nah, you can cut the mani to head flange on the cyclone, put a 2g one there and port match it from that side (which you can buy as a part, the flange itself). After, welding it on of course. That's the way I want to go.
Posted By: Terry S

Re: 7bolt + Cyclone intake - July 19, 2016 02:36 am UTC

I see you've clearly given up on the unicorn tongue
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: 7bolt + Cyclone intake - July 19, 2016 01:10 pm UTC

Right, which is what I meant. Is it really that simple though, if it is than just finding someone with a band saw and tig will work.
Posted By: Jason Drew

Re: 7bolt + Cyclone intake - July 19, 2016 01:49 pm UTC

I have both a band saw and tig but welding cast is a pain in the dick. I could do it but not right at this moment, lack of time and whatnot.

Personally I'd just go with an Evo 2-3 intake mani and be done with it. I saw good flow increases on mine with no sacrifice in spool.

Re: 7bolt + Cyclone intake - July 19, 2016 08:59 pm UTC

That's actually for the 2g tongue so no unicorn just has projects going wink Which reminds me I have to pay my Cali connection laugh

Yeah Jason, that's what I was getting from local welders. Some say they can do it and guarantee their work as they do it for bikes and have done it for cars before. It's not really top end I'm after, I want the low torque band this intake helps get. T28, small intercooler super low weight and my 2g will be a pleasure to drive anywhere.

Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Re: 7bolt + Cyclone intake - July 19, 2016 09:08 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Guillaume Berton
... Which reminds me I have to pay my Cali connection laugh

shuffle
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: 7bolt + Cyclone intake - July 20, 2016 03:56 am UTC

Yep. Welding cast aluminum is like taking a butane torch to an Aero chocolate bar.

Keep it factory G.

Focus on the 2g so we can cruise.

I'll take my own advice as soon as I get some more time to myself to complete the projects.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada