Anyone building a super tranny?

Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Anyone building a super tranny? - June 21, 2014 07:32 pm UTC

I have had a customer leave me stuck with some VERY expensive tranny parts. Among other things, Jacks "ultimate" cluster worth about $2K USD and Jacks NEW 4 spider center diff worth about $1K USD. If anyone is planning to purchase these in the future, You could save a little by buying them now. I could discount them to save the return shipping and the re-stocking fee.

Don't expect these to be cheap, just cheapER than normally. Let me know if interested.
Posted By: Ian Burnside

Re: Anyone building a super tranny? - June 22, 2014 03:09 am UTC

Who even does that anymore? Don't have people order in parts unless you plan on buying them. Bugs my ass that people are still that shady
Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Re: Anyone building a super tranny? - June 22, 2014 05:54 am UTC

Sorry to hear about that customer. I would recommend to post him in BG (bad guy) section

Re: Anyone building a super tranny? - June 22, 2014 03:57 pm UTC

I don't really want to do that, as he is NOT a bad guy. I assume he has just gotten super busy, or he has had some kind of misfortune, or ????

I wish I could afford to just wait for him, but I have too much invested in this, and it has been too long since he has made contact, so I need to take drastic steps.

I am sure he will be very disappointed when he finds out I sold "his" parts, and if he is not too pissed off at me, he will probably order them again, LOL. Of course, if he orders them again through me, it will have to be by payment in advance, which I normally prefer NOT to do, in case something goes wrong with the order. I would prefer not to have to make a refund.

Anyways, a few people have asked questions:

This is the cluster:

http://www.jackstransmissions.com/c...roducts/stage-3-0-hd-full-evoiii-cluster

I believe it does NOT include the taller 5th gear, and it was ordered WITHOUT the micro polishing or double synchro first gear.

This is the 4 spider diff:

http://www.jackstransmissions.com/collections/awd-output/products/4-spider

It is the brand new unit, with no core or exchange, that Jacks sells for $999.99

Price will be Jacks' price, converted to CDN $ at a REAL exchange rate (not xe.com's mid market rate), less 10% (which is what I figure Jacks will charge me for a re-stocking fee), less the approximate cost to ship back to Jack's (say $20.00) on each unit.

Shipping to you and tax will be on top of that. If these are not gone in a few weeks, I will see about returning them to Jacks

Re: Anyone building a super tranny? - June 22, 2014 05:13 pm UTC

4 spider centre diff is SOLD.
Posted By: Reza Mirza

Re: Anyone building a super tranny? - June 23, 2014 01:48 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ian Burnside
Who even does that anymore? Don't have people order in parts unless you plan on buying them. Bugs my ass that people are still that shady

Unfortunately this is just too common with Canadian DSMers. Always want the goods, but don't have the cash!

Due to this incident, I too won't be building any more transmissions until I am paid in FULL upfront before starting the job.
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: Anyone building a super tranny? - June 23, 2014 02:09 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Reza Mirza
Unfortunately this is just too common with Canadian DSMers. Always want the goods, but don't have the cash!

Due to this incident, I too won't be building any more transmissions until I am paid in FULL upfront before starting the job.
Wow it's sad to hear that this is something that is common. Sorry to hear that both of you have had issues with this.

Re: Anyone building a super tranny? - June 23, 2014 03:29 pm UTC

It doesn't happen that often, but it DOES happen. I am sure that even this guy will eventually come through and want his parts, I just can't afford to wait for him any longer.

Anyways, the 4 spider diff is sold, the cluster I will give it just a little longer, then I will talk to Jacks about returning it.
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: Anyone building a super tranny? - June 23, 2014 05:11 pm UTC

Forgive my laziness in not researching this more, but is this cluster not a drop in unit?

Re: Anyone building a super tranny? - June 23, 2014 05:46 pm UTC

^^
Its a full brand new complete evo3 gearset, both intermediate and input shaft minus the 5th gear.

Re: Anyone building a super tranny? - June 23, 2014 06:02 pm UTC

I realize that, but I'm trying to gauge the difficulty in installing it.

Re: Anyone building a super tranny? - June 23, 2014 07:42 pm UTC

I would read the service manual which will give you step by step procedure on dissassembling everything, shimming process, shim specs, part #'s, and any special tools if needed. This way you can gauge how hard it is for you to tear it down and put it back together yourself smile

If you ask me, I'd say it's very easy. Then again I can rebuild these trannies with my eyes closed wink
Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Re: Anyone building a super tranny? - June 23, 2014 07:51 pm UTC

Hope mine was rebuilt with eyes open tongue

Re: Anyone building a super tranny? - June 23, 2014 08:36 pm UTC

Good advice Reza. Thanks!

Re: Anyone building a super tranny? - June 24, 2014 05:24 pm UTC

cluster is now sold also. Thanks to all.
Posted By: Jeff Mitchell

Re: Anyone building a super tranny? - June 24, 2014 06:11 pm UTC

Proof that DSMers love a discount! laugh

Re: Anyone building a super tranny? - June 24, 2014 06:30 pm UTC

I'm too slow to make a decision.

Next time.
Posted By: Jason Drew

Re: Anyone building a super tranny? - June 24, 2014 09:15 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Eng
I'm too slow to make a decision.

Next time.

Likewise. I was torn between that 4 spider or the 200A AC/DC Tig that Eastwood has on sale for $699, guess I know what to get now lol.

Re: Anyone building a super tranny? - July 03, 2014 05:19 pm UTC

The 4 spider diff. is available again. The purchaser is asking me to hold it too long, so he has been told it is back up for grabs...

Re: Anyone building a super tranny? - July 03, 2014 05:57 pm UTC

^^ The 4 spider center diff is also modded with extra oiling scoops welded onto the outside of the housing smile

This is one of Jacks mods.
Posted By: Jeremy Gilbert

Re: Anyone building a super tranny? - July 03, 2014 05:58 pm UTC

Oooh Mr. Drew!
© 2024 Club DSM Canada